Are Villa on track to beat our record?

Jon_Grooves

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got 11, we had 6 points at the same stage so you could say yes, but we had 6 points after 11 games. It then took us another 27 to get a further 5. It wont happen - Villa will beat it easily. Probably get low 20's.

I think they're on less points now than we were at this stage of that season, but I really can't see them not getting at least 6 points from 22 games. I can see them getting past the 11 points mark within the next 2 months probably. They've got an injury hit West Ham to play at home in a couple of weeks and games against Sunderland, Norwich, West Brom and Palace shortly after that. They're awful but I'm sure they'll get close to, or more than 6 points from that little bunch of games.

1 minute ago, davenportram said:

we still haven't conceded the most goals in a premiership season. 5 Jaffa cakes if you can name the team that has.

Sunderland?

2 hours ago, Jon_Grooves said:

Im not sure how many points we got at the end of that season, are Aston Villa still on track to be worse than us?

Nope.

Don't think that will ever be beaten if I am honest. 11 points is just ridiculous when you think about it.

That squad was League 1 quality & we were desperately unlucky in a lot of games as well, late goals, dodgy penalties etc. Villa will go down but will get at least 20 points surely.

Archived