On to Hull fri.

ollycutts1982

Just now, Barry said:

Anyway, it's been a pleasure. Enjoy tomorrow night if you are travelling up, hopefully not so much the result ? best of luck for the remainder of the season.

I'd offer you the same courtesy and wish you luck, but with the banter with the in-laws on the line I'm afraid I cannot do that. Please, understand, but I really hope you fail.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, -JW- said:

Not Hughes?

m8 forgot about him and top player but you need different type of players and bryso has legs and frees up other players even when he is not playing well , all I'm saying is I bet paul clement is glad they are not all 100% fit at this moment in time as the ones who would be left out would all be good enough to walk into any other championship team

2 hours ago, Barry said:

Boro on paper was tough, but reality was quite easy. Brentford away for the first 45 minutes caused us all sorts of problems. Once we got to grips with them we could have had 4 or 5 in the second half. Carsley commented after the game that he thinks we'll be champions such was our superiority.

As Derby fans you'll know all about that, you're a big team in this league and one of the favourites - so unfortunately the rest of the teams like to raise their game - get one over the big boys so to speak. We're not as big, but having recently dropped down we're still seen as a 'scalp'. I think the teams that get promoted will be the teams that can best deal with that pressure.

We lost away at Brighton 1-0 - but had some really good chances. That was fairly early on and we still weren't at the races in this division. For all the pandering to get in the PL - the Championship is a terrific league. Probably better than the PL in respect of the competitive nature. The PL in my experience can be a bit depressing as more often than not you're going to be beaten.

The real bonus is getting back on MOTD and off that ***** highlights programme on C5. Which seems Leeds Utd centric.

Very honest and reasonable post Barry, keep coming on here mate, especially if we can manage to beat you on friday

It's Never Dull in Hull......A few famous musicians/bands are from Kingston Upon Hull or were formed in Hull.

They include Paul Heaton/The Housemartins/The Beautiful South/Biscuit Boy. Mick Ronson (David Bowies guitarist) Roland Gift of Fine Young Cannibals, The Gargoyles, The Red Guitars, Kingmaker, Everything But The Girl, The Paddington's, Sade, Throbbing Gristle and I've seen the majority of them live, stayed in and washed the pots for Sade, well she wasn't there, you get my drift.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bands_and_musicians_from_Yorkshire_and_North_East_England

http://youtu.be/5_vQRsEzijU

4 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

sorry...never heard of them.

Hull City are if nothing else are legendary as the answer to the pub quiz question 

"What is the only football team in the prem and football league whose full team does not contain any letters with "holes" or "loops". That is b, d, e, g, etc"

Quite apart from that Barry seems a sound bloke and they are a similar club with similar aspirations to us.

If only they could hire someone more appetising than bum-face as manager. 

39 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Hull City are if nothing else are legendary as the answer to the pub quiz question 

"What is the only football team in the prem and football league whose full team does not contain any letters with "holes" or "loops". That is b, d, e, g, etc"

Quite apart from that Barry seems a sound bloke and they are a similar club with similar aspirations to us.

Jacket potatoes are ugly, but tasty

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Aren't they also the only team which doesn't use the full official name of the city?

On 25 November 2015 19:44:24, eddie said:

Papahet seems to have one approach to posting, and that is to belittle pretty well everything about Derby County. Perhaps it's only his/her negative posts

There's simple solution to that if it bothers you or anyone else for that matter: Ignored users (top right),  add new user - type "papahet" and click ok.

You'll never have to read my o' so negative posts ever again.

Cheerio 

9 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

Aren't they also the only team which doesn't use the full official name of the city?

We most certainly are not!!  Here's a good quiz question!!  Which Football club does not play in the Town/ City that bares its name?

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Stoke-on-Trent City?

Burton-upon-Trent Albion?

Leeds-NastyShyteHoleNearManchester-United

2 minutes ago, Strovolos said:

We most certainly are not!!  Here's a good quiz question!!  Which Football club does not play in the Town/ City that bares its name?

Manchester united

Archived