On to Hull fri.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22 November 2015 00:37:32, ram1964 said:

Hull are doing a lot better than I expected at this stage of the season and will be our biggest test so far this season especially as it's away.will be disappointed with anything less than a. Point and expect us to win this one .Will be interesting to see if Ince can produce against his old club ?We seem to be playing more as a team and even when several players aren't performing as well as we would like others are stepping up to the marque.

Brighton another surprise at this moment in time aren't going to do a Bournmouth and I expect to gradually drop places,Middlesborough appear to be scratching results and not the power house I was expecting them to be so believe the title is ours for the taking ,if you think I have missed Burnley ,I just don't consider them title contenders .

losing to forest could in hindsight be the best thing to happen to us ,we have tasted defeat and I am sure it has left a nasty taste in every ones mouth ,any thought of complacency will have been kicked out of the dressing room with a reminder to all of those first team selections that we have players capable of taking their place.losing to the gumps  as much as I hate saying it is better than dropping points to serious contenders such as Hull or Middlesborough .A win against Hull would not just generate a great 3 points but I believe would really generate the confidence and unity within the squad for us to go on and take title as Leciester did .COYR . Derby 3 Hull 0

3-0 against a team that have conceded only 9 goals all season? Your optimism is admirable, if not incredibly misplaced. 

Oh greetings Derby fans, I'm a City fan. I thought I'd pop over and see what sort of feelings you had on the match?

Obviously comments above about 3-0 will be dismissed with the disdain they deserve. It will be a tight game, but we're playing well and after our emphatic win v Boro and our home form I can only see a win for us.

Maguire isn't injured, whether he starts is another matter. What are your thoughts on Ince? He's inconsistent for me and I'm comfortable we cashed in on him, initially there was concern about our attacking options. Other players have stepped up to the plate, and like last season Ince wouldn't have made the starting 11.

Safe journey to those travelling Rams.

Tough match for each of us, see how it plays out on the night. Ince, I expect to pull a performance out the bag against you being his old club n all, but to be fair, you did get a good price for him. I hope you focus on Ince though, give Weimann,Martin and whoever the attacking midfielder is a bit more leeway. Don't under estimate us, we're capable away from home even when we look terrible. Our one away defeat was out local derby and we got caught out. It's on sky, so I expect the match to not reflect the best of either of our teams.

On 23 November 2015 12:41:41, harryram said:

Can't wait, never been to hull before so well looking forward to it. Any decent boozers near by? Think ince will be well up for this and wouldn't be surprised if he steals the show. 

I would head over to Princess Ave if I were a travelling fan. Decent boozers and more likely to be better received as away fans. It's not a long walk to the ground either.

4 hours ago, Barry said:

Oh greetings Derby fans, I'm a City fan. I thought I'd pop over and see what sort of feelings you had on the match?

Obviously comments above about 3-0 will be dismissed with the disdain they deserve. It will be a tight game, but we're playing well and after our emphatic win v Boro and our home form I can only see a win for us.

Maguire isn't injured, whether he starts is another matter. What are your thoughts on Ince? He's inconsistent for me and I'm comfortable we cashed in on him, initially there was concern about our attacking options. Other players have stepped up to the plate, and like last season Ince wouldn't have made the starting 11.

Safe journey to those travelling Rams.

I may be wrong but wasn't your 3-0 humping of boro about the only non draw between sides in the current top 6?

That and the fact that bum-faced Bruce seems to have the sign over us makes me nervous about this one. 

I'd take a draw but would love us to nick it as teams have done to us.

Is Dawson going to be a big miss for you guys? Out for a month isn't he?

I'm going 1-1

20 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Friday night

Away from home

on Sky

Chance to be top

No Johnson

Prepared for us to get hammered

I see Mr Positive Thought Waves is back.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

I may be wrong but wasn't your 3-0 humping of boro about the only non draw between sides in the current top 6?

That and the fact that bum-faced Bruce seems to have the sign over us makes me nervous about this one. 

I'm going 1-1

Curtis Davies and Harry Maguire will be fine.

We rarely play to an high standard away from home, on Sky.

Portsmouth, Forest and arguably MK (yes we won, but performance wise it was poor) are prime examples.

Hendrick needs to stamp his mark, he's done little when given the opportunity - Even for Ireland the other week he looked off the pace and loss the ball/didn't know what to do with it.

Bradley Johnson is a big loss, regardless of "depth". Quality and depth are two different things.

And FFS go out there Friday and have the attention to be top by 10pm, not shake like a shitting dog from the first minute.

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

I'm going 1-1

Dawson will be a miss, but we've still got Davies, Bruce and Maguire. We haven't played brilliantly so far this season, the start it took time for players to adjust to the frenetic pace of the Championship. Now we are starting to get into a rhythm and we were about 80-85% against Boro, but we beat them comfortably. I'll be honest and say I didn't think Boro were very good, at all. Brentford were tricky away from home and they made it uncomfortable in the first half but we beat them. 

We we have been threatening to give a team a right tonking. Hopefully Friday night!! Ha ha. I know a few Rams fans and I came down to watch City v Derby a few seasons ago, it was around about Christmas time - I think we won, had a lot of sleep since then though!

Anyway, safe travelling, hopefully you don't get the result. We need to get back up due to our cranky owner!!

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yeah, and the wonderful thing about tiggers is that Tigger is the only one. When it comes to hull city tigers, I believe there are at least twenty seven. Did they back down on the name change in the end? I rember Lord Prescott of Humberside was in favor but most hull fans weren't.

Yeah they had it rejected on appeal. I think it's a victory for all football fans to be honest as had it been allowed it would have set a dangerous precedent. That's why he no longer attends home games, he's a bit petulant when he doesn't get his own way. I applaud him for financially supporting the club, even though they are loans, no one else was willing to step in. But I think his treatment of the fans has been disgusting. So, hopefully if we can get promoted we'll be an attractive proposition for a new owner.

41 minutes ago, Papahet said:

We rarely play to an high standard away from home, on Sky.

Portsmouth, Forest and arguably MK (yes we won, but performance wise it was poor) are prime examples.

Hendrick needs to stamp his mark, he's done little when given the opportunity - Even for Ireland the other week he looked off the pace and loss the ball/didn't know what to do with it.

Bradley Johnson is a big loss, regardless of "depth". Quality and depth are two different things.

And FFS go out there Friday and have the attention to be top by 10pm, not shake like a shitting dog from the first minute.

Hendrick done more than 'little' and definitely played well for his country as well. He's on impressive form and you're ignoring that. Funny that. 

24 minutes ago, Barry said:

We we have been threatening to give a team a right tonking. Hopefully Friday night!! Ha ha. 

Could be could be not. It might be other way around you never know though. Good luck AFTER Friday game. :) 

Archived