On to Hull fri.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Barry said:

Oh greetings Derby fans, I'm a City fan. I thought I'd pop over and see what sort of feelings you had on the match?

Obviously comments above about 3-0 will be dismissed with the disdain they deserve. It will be a tight game, but we're playing well and after our emphatic win v Boro and our home form I can only see a win for us.

Maguire isn't injured, whether he starts is another matter. What are your thoughts on Ince? He's inconsistent for me and I'm comfortable we cashed in on him, initially there was concern about our attacking options. Other players have stepped up to the plate, and like last season Ince wouldn't have made the starting 11.

Safe journey to those travelling Rams.

I'll be happy with a draw, as will most Derby fans to be honest. Won't get many tougher games than Hull away. I doubt Hull will get many tougher than Derby away when it happens either. Assuming both teams turn up on both occasions. If they're both on TV you may get all 6 points anyway, we're very rarely any good on TV.

As for Ince, I think inconsistent is certainly a good description at the moment. Although like many players who played with us last season he was short of confidence and he hasn't really had any moments to start sparking that confidence back into life.

Having said that, even an inconsistent Ince lacking confidence is better than most wingers in this league. He still has sparks of his quality in his poor games.

I've been pondering for a while over what to expect from him against Hull. I find his attitude very hard to judge. I don't think he's as petulant or grumpy as people think, but I do think he can go one-track-minded when he has the ball.

I have confidence that he'll improve, but IF we get promoted and he doesn't really step it up I don't think he'll be a starter in the prem. He's quickly fallen down the ranks of our better players and danger men. Everyone else has stepped it up this season (and have continued stepping up game to game RE: Weimann etc.), he seems to have drifted a little, but long way to go yet.

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Hendrick done more than 'little' and definitely played well for his country as well. He's on impressive form and you're ignoring that. Funny that. 

:lol:

Jeff Hendricks impression form consists of:

Not featuring at Huddersfield

Benched for Rotherham

Average against QPR

Lasting an hour at Forest

Not featuring for Cardiff

But that's impressive eh?

5 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Benched for Rotherham

Average against QPR

What a pointless analysis... You can do that for Butterfield and Bryson and make it look equally as bad!

Out of the attacking midfielders we have available for Friday, Jeff is the best - by a mile. Butterfield has disappointed so far and not really shown much, Clement is still willing to give him a chance on the pitch to justify his price tag though. Bryson used to be amazing a couple of seasons ago and I really hope he is capable of recapturing that form but at the moment he is lacking match fitness.

18 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Only Leeds have put two past us in the League so far but I was impressed when Hull put three past Boro. We need to shoot on sight.Twenty passes into the box will not work against Hull.

Play carp, get a scoreless draw. Do for me.

Regardless of whether it's pass or shoot I'd just like to see decisions made more quickly. Squandered a lot of chances against Cardiff cos passes were made too late or people hesitated before shooting.

29 minutes ago, Colm said:

What a pointless analysis... You can do that for Butterfield and Bryson and make it look equally as bad!

Out of the attacking midfielders we have available for Friday, Jeff is the best - by a mile. Butterfield has disappointed so far and not really shown much, Clement is still willing to give him a chance on the pitch to justify his price tag though. Bryson used to be amazing a couple of seasons ago and I really hope he is capable of recapturing that form but at the moment he is lacking match fitness.

jeff couldn't lace brysons boots if its an attacking midfielder you want

37 minutes ago, Colm said:

Huh? He said Hendrick is in impressive form, yes? I've countered that by stating he's barely featured of late and was taken off at Forest because he did so little out there.

Where's this impressive form exactly? What game(s) has he been impressive? QPR? That's the only game he's bloody started of late, along with Forest!

What's pointless about that exactly?

What's Butterfield not shown, which Hendrick has? The latter often goes missing out there, David Vaughan ran rings around him at the Shitty Ground. Whereas Whelan cleans up for Ireland. Why are you both making out he's quality? He's average, bar the odd cameo performance. AVERAGE

People on deadline day thought he'd gone to Villa, nobody seemed disappointed at his potential departure(Look in The Johnson transfer thread). What's changed?!.

9 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Huh? He said Hendrick is in impressive form, yes? I've countered that by stating he's barely featured of late and was taken off at Forest because he did so little out there.

Where's this impressive form exactly? What game(s) has he been impressive? QPR? That's the only game he's bloody started of late, along with Forest!

What's pointless about that exactly?

What's Butterfield not shown, which Hendrick has? The latter often goes missing out there, David Vaughan ran rings around him at the Shitty Ground. Whereas Whelan cleans up for Ireland. Why are you both making out he's quality? He's average, bar the odd cameo performance. AVERAGE

People on deadline day thought he'd gone to Villa, nobody seemed disappointed at his potential departure(Look in The Johnson transfer thread). What's changed?!.

He was taken off at Forest because he did so little out there? Name me one player who did anything at Forest, he was the only one who got close to scoring when he hit the bar. NO ONE in our midfield or attack performed against forest, so i'm not sure what you're excpecting of Hendrick there? Is he supposed to carry the team now?

Our last 3 games: Cardiff, QPR, Forest.

Yeah QPR and Forest are the "only" games he's started of late, the only reason he didn't start against Cardiff as well is due to him playing in the 2 play off games for Ireland against Bosnia. Completely understandable to rest him but if he hadn't then no doubt jeff would have only bloody started all 3 out of the last 3 games.

For a £4m midfielder Butterfield certainly hasn't shown his worth, if you're going to accuse Hendrick of "going missing" then i'm not sure what you're seeing in Butterfield? No one performed at the shitty ground. There's a reason he starts for Ireland in midfield ahead of Premiership midfielders such as Darron Gibson and Harry Arter.

What's changed apart from the fact that he's upped his game this season and looks like one of our most improved players, any time Hendrick has competition for places he always proves why he should be starting.

Competition for places is always good as it means our players have to continuously perform and up their game to keep their place, however i'm not sure why you seem to hate and undervalue Hendrick so much?

1 hour ago, Papahet said:

Benched for Rotherham

Average against QPR

It's about time he starts doing impressions of a top quality footballer, coz I'm sure now and again he's maybe trying to get away with being Frank Spencer and giving it "Oh Betty"....when everyone right behind Derby County would like to see him win the ball back or better still not give it away cheaply in the first place. He seems to do well when everybody else in midfield is performing, but when the chips are down, his head drops and he can disappear in games. Hopefully his confidence and decision making will improve as the team keeps on improving and as a club all the midfielders put in cracking performances regularly and they all accept the team is more important than any individual and that they will be selected tactically to achieve the best possible results for the club.

1 hour ago, Colm said:

He was taken off at Forest because he did so little out there? Name me one player who did anything at Forest, he was the only one who got close to scoring when he hit the bar. NO ONE in our midfield or attack performed against forest, so i'm not sure what you're excpecting of Hendrick there? Is he supposed to carry the team now?

Our last 3 games: Cardiff, QPR, Forest.

Yeah QPR and Forest are the "only" games he's started of late, the only reason he didn't start against Cardiff as well is due to him playing in the 2 play off games for Ireland against Bosnia. Completely understandable to rest him but if he hadn't then no doubt jeff would have only bloody started all 3 out of the last 3 games.

For a £4m midfielder Butterfield certainly hasn't shown his worth, if you're going to accuse Hendrick of "going missing" then i'm not sure what you're seeing in Butterfield? No one performed at the shitty ground. There's a reason he starts for Ireland in midfield ahead of Premiership midfielders such as Darron Gibson and Harry Arter.

What's changed apart from the fact that he's upped his game this season and looks like one of our most improved players, any time Hendrick has competition for places he always proves why he should be starting.

Competition for places is always good as it means our players have to continuously perform and up their game to keep their place, however i'm not sure why you seem to hate and undervalue Hendrick so much?

Best post of the day in this thread. Have a like from me Colm. Never understand the hate etc at all. 

:mellow:

3 hours ago, Papahet said:

Benched for Rotherham

Average against QPR

Is that all you got? So weak and pointless.

3 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Best post of the day in this thread. Have a like from me Colm. Never understand the hate etc at all. 

:mellow:

Is that all you got? So weak and pointless.

Completely agree with both sentiments.

Papahet seems to have one approach to posting, and that is to belittle pretty well everything about Derby County. Perhaps it's only his/her negative posts that I notice and it's really my fault for being an old git (that much at least is true), but at my age it's me who is supposed to be so negative about everything, to live in the past, to suggest that everythng was better 'in my day' and so on.

I envy Utch. He's just as old and senile as me, yet he has the patience of Job with people he disagrees with.

10 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm never quite sure if Hendrick is really very very good or not very good at all.

If he did what he can do more often he'd be premier league player.

but it's the "if"......

Exactly.

There's times I've walked away from the ground thinking Jeff should be playing top 10 Prem and other times I've thought top 10 Conference.

He's far better playing high up the pitch rather than a more defensive role. I'm afraid him and Bryso are doomed to be forever scrapping for the same role.

Archived