On to Hull fri.

ollycutts1982

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, uttoxram75 said:

Exactly.

There's times I've walked away from the ground thinking Jeff should be playing top 10 Prem and other times I've thought top 10 Conference.

He's far better playing high up the pitch rather than a more defensive role. I'm afraid him and Bryso are doomed to be forever scrapping for the same role.

He (Hendrick) needs to find consistency and quick.

4 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

He (Hendrick) needs to find consistency and quick.

Its just as likely he needs to play consistently in a formation and position that suits his abilities. Its tough atm as it looks like Thorne and BJ are first choice unless injured, that only really leaves one attacking midfield role in a 433.

2 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

So weak and pointless.

Glad you've come to that conclusion on Jeffrey:thumbsup:

He goes on a run of form, then suddenly disappears.

How many games has he played at this level? 50? 100? No, almost 200. Yet still hasn't stamped his authority in the side.

Where's this recent run of form you mentioned? He's been average, that's a compliment.

Colm, Butterfield has been a quality midfielder throughout his career, ask any Barnsley or Huddersfield supporter. Sure, he's taking time to settle, didn't Chris Martin? Hendrick's had near enough 200 games for us and still nothing special in my opinion.

Bryson is the better of the two, he will run all day for you. Score you goals and has that link with Martin. Does Jeff?

Re his Ireland place; How many games have the players mentioned (Arter, Gibson) played this season? Arter's only recently returned from injury, whereas Gibson's barely featured at all. There's very little competition for places in that position, fortunately for Jeff.

But hey, opinions eh? No need to be a arse.

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

Shock I thought you meant us....As in Derby City.

Have you got crazy owners too? We very nearly were Hull Tigers. Our owner felt a 'Shortened name' I know, can you believe he's a multi millionaire? Would make us a more marketable asset in Asia??

Hull City - 8 letters

Hull Tigers - 10 letters

He failed on epic proportions on 'Shortening' our name.

I think the fact he's failed twice now, means our name, and yours is safe for now. 

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Thought it was gonna be Hull Tigers?

Roar.

If we're 3 up by half time we might even dust off the mauled by the Tigers chant ?

I think you should start this Hendrick on Friday night! He sounds perfect!

I forget Huddlestone is an ex Derby player. Mixed reactions as to whether he'll start or not. He's a good player, but he slows down our attacking play too much.

2 hours ago, Barry said:

I think you should start this Hendrick on Friday night! He sounds perfect!

I forget Huddlestone is an ex Derby player. Mixed reactions as to whether he'll start or not. He's a good player, but he slows down our attacking play too much.

Hendrick isn't a bad player at all. But you never know if he's going to hide all game or leave you thinking "why isn't this lad playing at a higher level?"

Who's the toughest game you've played so far this season? 

6 hours ago, Barry said:

Have you got crazy owners too? We very nearly were Hull Tigers. Our owner felt a 'Shortened name' I know, can you believe he's a multi millionaire? Would make us a more marketable asset in Asia??

Hull City - 8 letters

Hull Tigers - 10 letters

He failed on epic proportions on 'Shortening' our name.

I think the fact he's failed twice now, means our name, and yours is safe for now. 

If we're 3 up by half time we might even dust off the mauled by the Tigers chant ?

It was Bradley Johnson who signed on deadline day. He called us Derby City.

Anyway i'm up on Friday.  Princes Avenue sounds ok is there plenty of parking around there.

I think Clement is a bit more horses for courses man, with Butterfield, Hendrick, Hanson etc all having parts to play. Hughes I write off for the season, don't need to rush him with the options we have (Butters in particular as a bit of Hughes glue style). But I think as a routine midfield you'd probably be right with Thorne Johnson and Bryson.

41 minutes ago, -JW- said:

Not Hughes?

Hey I forgot about that guy! :lol:

Found myself agreeing with valley, but muttered to myself "Butterfield looks like he'll give Bryson a good run though"

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

Hendrick isn't a bad player at all. But you never know if he's going to hide all game or leave you thinking "why isn't this lad playing at a higher level?"

Who's the toughest game you've played so far this season? 

Boro on paper was tough, but reality was quite easy. Brentford away for the first 45 minutes caused us all sorts of problems. Once we got to grips with them we could have had 4 or 5 in the second half. Carsley commented after the game that he thinks we'll be champions such was our superiority.

As Derby fans you'll know all about that, you're a big team in this league and one of the favourites - so unfortunately the rest of the teams like to raise their game - get one over the big boys so to speak. We're not as big, but having recently dropped down we're still seen as a 'scalp'. I think the teams that get promoted will be the teams that can best deal with that pressure.

We lost away at Brighton 1-0 - but had some really good chances. That was fairly early on and we still weren't at the races in this division. For all the pandering to get in the PL - the Championship is a terrific league. Probably better than the PL in respect of the competitive nature. The PL in my experience can be a bit depressing as more often than not you're going to be beaten.

The real bonus is getting back on MOTD and off that ***** highlights programme on C5. Which seems Leeds Utd centric.

3 hours ago, Gritters said:

It was Bradley Johnson who signed on deadline day. He called us Derby City.

Anyway i'm up on Friday.  Princes Avenue sounds ok is there plenty of parking around there.

Should be. Have a look on Google. I'm not sure if it's mostly residents only parking? 

It's an area where civilised Hull Folk go on an evening. There's a run of a few nice bars that you'll be able to enjoy a beer or two in hassle free.

1 minute ago, AnimalisaRam said:

Can't see this being a goalfest for either side - neither team are conceding many goals at the moment.

But, then again, we're on Sky, and the doom merchant in me says we will see something similar to what we saw vs. Middlesbrough last season.

Oh god. Arguably worse than our performance v Forest. Now you've reminded me that could potentially happen I'm going to need more whisky.

Archived