Derby County v Cardiff City

Day

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definition of a good decision is if it works well.

Definition of a good starting eleven is if it wins the game.

Definition of a good substitute is if he changes the game result for the better

Definition of a good manager is if his team wins a lot of games.

6 hours ago, YorkshireRam said:

We saw the individual impact he can have on a game last season and undoubtedly I'd say he's a better winger than Weimann anyway.

They've worked him out months ago.  They just show him inside now.

Until this season I have always seen Hendrick as good only when in form, moving forward with the ball or collecting it from a Martin lay off .... I agree with Carl that he seems to have added a lot more trickery and a deal of strength to his play. Rampage has a point in that he has the skill set to play as a wide man every bit as much as a pure CM. Butterfield on the evidence so far is a better passer of the ball though. .. Hummmm managers quandary and a nice one to have. part of the selection must be down to who either of them will face and what their style of play is ? 

Let's leave the Forest game it's gone.  In this league on their day anyone can beat anyone, Forest had their day, that said there are 4 teams in the league that people will not want to meet and we are one of them, the others being Hull, borough and burnley. You could add Brighton but although they are were they are on merit I still think people worry about the other 4. Let's move on we are going to have a great season, the start of the next unbeaten run starts with Cardiff. The players will  all contribute this season so stop knocking them.

we are on a roll here COYR

A lot of people want to move on ,that's to easy each player has to look at his performance at forest and for many it was not good enough.

two weeks to think about a poor performance/we did not lose a match,we did not compete in it..

Against Cardiff we  move on,but now we reflect a very bad result.

And  the value of a bench with players worth millions ,if we cannot influence a game we are not performing in.

Yes.if lessons have been learned  we move on

We are Derby County,what we do is give 100 percent and COMPETE

Following the Notts County game could we see some changes for Cardiff?

..........................................Carson...........................................

Christie..................Keogh................Shackell...............Warnock

.........................................Thorne.............................................

................Butterfield..................................Bryson.....................

Ince...................................Bent.............................Weimann

3 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

..........................................Carson...........................................

.........................................Thorne.............................................

................Butterfield..................................Bryson.....................

No issue seeing Bent being given a game ahead of Martin, he deserves it and Martin I don't think has been up to his usual high standards of late. Prefer Butters to start, so agree with that. I'd keep Johnson in though, in place of Bryson.

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't think the Notts friendly would be anything to go by in terms of squad selection, it was merely to give some more players minutes. I'd go with this team but with Martin instead of Bent and Johnson instead of Bryson. Weimann deserves a chance again after his hat-trick and Russell has had a couple 'off' games so his turn to sit out.

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock

Thorne

Bryson Butterfield

Ince Bent Weimann

Subs:

Grant

Pearce

Baird

Johnson

Hendrick

Russell

Martin

That's what I'd go with.

Christie was particularly poor against Forest but with Warnock on the other flank we need someone who is going to get forwards from the back.

Thorne also keeps his place despite being shocking against Forest, partly because Johnson was also so bad and we'll put some of it down to tiredness/lack of fitness.

I think Bryson is fit again and I'd put him back in for Johnson who, as already stated, was poor in the last two games. I'd also give Butterfield the nod over Hendrick because the Jeff and Craig combo we know doesn't work and although Hendrick has definitely improved this season, Butterfield looks to have come into a bit of form recently and won't have played 180 minutes at international level during the break.

Weimann was anonymous against Forest but as I'm giving Bent the start over Martin I think he'll compliment the play better than Russell would. Bent over Martin simply to give Chris a kick up the arse.

Drop Martin for Bent , are on you on magic mushrooms lol ,Martin if fit plays every manager in this division would love Martin in there team ,8 goals in 16 games , are yo mad not playing Martin , he is class , and so important , to this Derby team 1 defeat in 11 games and posters on here want to drop Martin ,

2 hours ago, Derby blood said:

Drop Martin for Bent , are on you on magic mushrooms lol ,Martin if fit plays every manager in this division would love Martin in there team ,8 goals in 16 games , are yo mad not playing Martin , he is class , and so important , to this Derby team 1 defeat in 11 games and posters on here want to drop Martin ,

Madness 

Bryson over Hendrick and Johnson HA HA HA HA 

Bloody football manager experts these days zzzzz

Archived