Craig Forsyth - Ruptured ACL

Cam the Ram

Just now, cosmic said:

Speedy recovery, Foz.

Can we all get behind Warnock now, and show him some support?

No, but those who are sane will.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted. Very good defender. Good attacker on his day. 

I have faith in the cover unless they don't perform. Think its harsh people are writing them off. 

All the best Fozzy. Been very very good addition to Derby.

Best LB in ages? 

3 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Baird and Warnock til Lowe fully fit, worse case scenario a left back on loan, and chance to see Clement use what contacts he has. In all niceness, I would rather it had happened to fozzy than someone like shackell/Martin etc, silver lining and all that 

Well it wouldn't happen to Shackell or Martin, they don't make the kind of movement necessary for an ACL injury. 

9 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Warnock is a very good left back and he's been unfortunate to find that Fozzy is so good. Got his chance now. Certain he'll take it well.

That's exactly how I see it, there was a moment in the second half against QPR where he sprinted down and cut a ball back right against the touch line that just evaded Martin and someone else. 

Made de me think **** me the bloke isn't quite an OAP yet after all. Hope he proves a few more wrong, that he isn't that bad a option.

Terrible news, but an opportunity for Warnock to make the shirt his own. Our big squad is being tested, but that's why we have a big squad and it would be a kick in the teeth to Warnock, Baird and Lowe to simply bring a loan player in.

You sometimes worry if there's room in the squad for a really talented player from the U21s to break through. It looks now as if Lowe will get his opportunity at some point. Although only 18, I think he captains the U21s nowadays and he's played for England at every age level since year dot, but doesn't appear to have become complacent. Also, he can play left midfield and likes to get forward, so may turn out to be a player that aids our attacking threat as the season goes on.

But, both Warnock and Baird are very good professionals with international experience and will be keen to get back into the side to play week-in, week-out. We remain strong.

2 hours ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

Morris is massive on the academy and I think this is the right time to bring Lowe in, but Morris mentioned in midweek he's injured at the moment? Maybe he'll be fit after the international break? 

Well we can't buy anyone until Jan and we can only go for an emergency loan. Which could be a way to trial someone we have our eye on and then buy them once their loan ends at some point in January. Lowe being injured now doesn't have much impact on the decision. If they think Lowe is up to it then they will give him a chance. 

6 hours ago, StringerBell said:

Clement has mentioned Lowe. If he's got the potential I've heard it said he has I wouldn't mind him being given a chance at some point soon. 

Forsyths a big loss though. What is it with all these ACL's? They're like the new metatarsal. Did there used to be so many ACL injuries?

I believe in the rufty - tufty 70s an acl rupture was known as a "slight ache"

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Gutted. Very good defender. Good attacker on his day. 

I have faith in the cover unless they don't perform. Think its harsh people are writing them off. 

All the best Fozzy. Been very very good addition to Derby.

Best LB in ages? 

In my lifetime of following the rams Fozzy is already 3rd only behind nish and Steve Buckley. 

I'm sure others will have different favourites tho.9

Archived