Craig Forsyth - Ruptured ACL

Cam the Ram

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible for him. That'll be his season over.

Without being too negative, it's not unlikely that he may not play for us again. He seems like a nice guy, and I'm not sure if I'm alone in thinking this, but should we go up a new LB would definitely be on the list for me.

It really is so unfortunate for him though. I can't really imagine how depressing it would be for a professional footballer to suffer a long term injury, especially in a successful side you would otherwise be part of.

Clement has mentioned Lowe. If he's got the potential I've heard it said he has I wouldn't mind him being given a chance at some point soon. 

Forsyths a big loss though. What is it with all these ACL's? They're like the new metatarsal. Did there used to be so many ACL injuries?

Good luck to Fozzy for a full recovery. You can join the lap of honour in May when the lads 'do it for you'.

Warnock (& Baird) must step up and show what they can do - both are capable. If the LB spot proves problematic, it will alter PC's thoughts about the January 'window', no doubt.

I think it is a massive shame for the lad, and a shame for the team, he was a big part of the "new way", in the last couple of games we have been getting a lot of movement down the wings and crosses over rather than through the middle and he would have played a big part in our season, get well soon son.

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Clement has mentioned Lowe. If he's got the potential I've heard it said he has I wouldn't mind him being given a chance at some point soon. 

Forsyths a big loss though. What is it with all these ACL's? They're like the new metatarsal. Did there used to be so many ACL injuries?

They have always happened, they were simply listed as a serious knee injury for a long time, but they have increased in number over recent years. They generally occur when making a 'cut' (putting horizontal force on the knee to move left/right at speed), and that sort of movement has become far more common in modern football.

Archived