Chris Martin mark 2?

cloughandtaylor

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, super rams said:

Could we get Austin or Lambert on loan?

If we were in contention for going up, why not?

Well both of them are playing for their teams, for one. There are plenty of other reasons also. 

7 minutes ago, super rams said:

Well, neither of them are the same kind of player. Austin is also extremely unlikely, and I'd honestly rate Bent higher than Lambert, younger too. If the concern is that we don't like another player like Martin, and we'd need to change system, then players who aren't like him aren't going to fix that problem. `

6 minutes ago, super rams said:

What exactly are you on?.

Austin is QPR's biggest attacking threat and constant speculation that he'll be the subject of a big money move to Newcastle or other Prem club. Lambert is playing for West Brom in the Prem and has just broken his duck. You seem to think they'd be happy to come here to sit on the bench just in case Martin gets injured???.

I'm not even sure why I wasted my time typing this, to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

What exactly are you on?.

Austin is QPR's biggest attacking threat and constant speculation that he'll be the subject of a big money move to Newcastle or other Prem club. Lambert is playing for West Brom in the Prem and has just broken his duck. You seem to think they'd be happy to come here to sit on the bench just in case Martin gets injured???.

I'm not even sure why I wasted my time typing this, to be honest.

We are talking about  if Martin gets injured -so a loan deal - Austin is a free agent in the summer, so a loan deal could be worked out......especially if we are in contention for promotion, as we would need a quality striker for the promotion to the prem.

I used to think we needed a Martin mk2, but now I don't think it's necessary. 

The key point is that we now have a midfield with a physical presence, which would allow us to play two up top if Martin was injured. If that happens we play Bent and one of Wiemann or Russell, potentially even Ince. We would also have the option to get a loan in as well. 

We could also go with 4-2-3-1 too, with Bent up top. 

35 minutes ago, IronRam 70.3 said:

Didn't we absolutely destroy Maclaren for not having a plan B, now it seems that despite having the squad for a viable plan B, it would be treasonous to veer away from plan A. 

<_<:thumbsup:

Only to super rams. 

If the staff are confident in our Plan B should key figures get injured, then so am I. They've given me no reason to doubt their ability as of yet. 

Assuming you stick with the 4-3-3 You have to try the likes of zanzala first - that would be keeping faith with the vision - if he doesn't hit the ground running you move to plan C. In the academy they need to be (and hopefully are) developing technically gifted players for systems too so young strikers need to be taught to link and hold up play etc - watch Martin and see what he does. There's your Mark 2 - created in derby for derby.

Nobody worthy of filling Martin's boots will come here to maybe play a few games. 

So you either get someone to be better than Martin or you get someone a lot worse. 

If we have a player that we think could genuinley challenge Martin in our sights then I'm all for it. What's the point in signing a crap back up? He'll be crap

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Nobody worthy of filling Martin's boots will come here to maybe play a few games. 

So you either get someone to be better than Martin or you get someone a lot worse. 

If we have a player that we think could genuinley challenge Martin in our sights then I'm all for it. What's the point in signing a crap back up? He'll be crap

Agreed. I don't think our squad needs rotation/back up players, we have enough already.

And if we are going to replace Martin with someone better, I think I'll pee honey marbles.

Archived