Sportscene tonight on Radio Derby with Mel

Day

45 minutes ago, curtains said:

I'm serious about this UTCH and I've watched the likes of Bennett ,Lowe, Rawson , etc etc and they wouldn't be the answer to keep us in the Premier League .

I have much more faith in our first team squad now which hasn't largely come from the academy. 

Mel is misguided on this IMO. 

Rubbish. Mel's right you're wrong and don't you think he's in better position to tell than you are ? He has seen the Evals of Walsall and Clement and delap etc you haven't. Next time you go watch Max Lowe stop chatting up the tea lady and pay attention. He's the future at left back and it's  this sort of comment that I love about the chairman not shy about putting in his personal views about players and so forth ... Makes the man real and he's right about Lowe ... But he didn't say this season did he? And he didn't say Lowe and a few other academy successes would keep us in the premier league either. Lowe could be our Ashley coleish star in 2020 so chill your piddle engine.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, curtains said:
24 minutes ago, cosmic said:

You win Cosmic I think Curtains has the blinkers on . 

Did you just refer to yourself in the third person and simultaneously make it seem like I was talking to myself in the third person?!?

You win. :blink:

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

Just now, curtains said:
3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I am hilarious lol

4 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Rubbish. Mel's right you're wrong and don't you think he's in better position to tell than you are ? He has seen the Evals of Walsall and Clement and delap etc you haven't. Next time you go watch Max Lowe stop chatting up the tea lady and pay attention. He's the future at left back and it's  this sort of comment that I love about the chairman not shy about putting in his personal views about players and so forth ... Makes the man real and he's right about Lowe ... But he didn't say this season did he? And he didn't say Lowe and a few other academy successes would keep us in the premier league either. Lowe could be our Ashley coleish star in 2020 so chill your piddle engine.

Really he's that good.  

How many times have you seen him play then. 

Did anyone else notice that before the half time break there were 3 questions about Clement and the last one from "Lucy" asked "what did Paul Clement bring to derby that Steve mcclaren didn't " - I thought it was one of the most interesting questions of the evening and I was keen to see what he said but they went to break and it never got answered ... Owen took it to break and didn't get back to her question. Wonder what Mel's answer would have been ? 

2 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Did anyone else notice that before the half time break there were 3 questions about Clement and the last one from "Lucy" asked "what did Paul Clement bring to derby that Steve mcclaren didn't " - I thought it was one of the most interesting questions of the evening and I was keen to see what he said but they went to break and it never got answered ... Owen took it to break and didn't get back to her question. Wonder what Mel's answer would have been ? 

Just one word mate, integrity.

Integrity. 

At the Fans Forum didn't he (Or Rush maybe?) hint that McClaren was unwilling to change when we had the injury problems and Clement has a number of different plans in place ready if a similar situation occurs? 

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

At the Fans Forum didn't he (Or Rush maybe?) hint that McClaren was unwilling to change when we had the injury problems and Clement has a number of different plans in place ready if a similar situation occurs? 

Funny how all the McClaren supporters have suddenly disappeared. 

Football is a fickle game. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Funny how all the McClaren supporters have suddenly disappeared. 

Football is a fickle game. 

You're being unfair. I, as many, still don't have a problem with McClaren and his management. But what's the point in talking about it? We move on, we try to improve. 

Has anyone suggested a top secret cloning research facility where we could breed replacement Chris Martins?

Thorne mentioned the genetics of his knee come to think of it....is that what's really going on at Moore Farm? is that really why they're so excited? Did Clement bring DNA samples of high profile players to feed into the program?

Sounds like we need an old experienced seen it done it kind of a guy to keep us up in this Premiership thing when we get there, this Max Lowe fella sounds relegation material to me, now if he was called Max High well, now we are talking, well typing. As for Max Wall he always enjoyed the odd day out at Wembley, but I think we as a club are looking for more than the odd day, but quite a few even ones and any ones not involving Leicester, Cremonese or Q.P.R in em.

Right more importantly Mel, I still play 5's every Wednesday and I scored one ell of a goal (I think the kids of today, call it a worldie) last week and I've got a good engine on me, so if you need a midfielder when we go up, I'm available Wednesday lunch times, plus we also have a Max that plays for us, cracking little player, and another that had trials with Burnley, and obviously clever enough to focus on a life in procurement instead.

Erm any chance of a signed photograph?.......come to think of it, no you're alright.......

Archived