Sportscene tonight on Radio Derby with Mel

Day

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Contacted Mel this morning, just to say thanks really for what he said last night really, you can't really get better free advertising than the club owner praising the site on local radio! I've waited a while to post this so you're all not searching through the who's online looking at who's sending private messages! 

56389c9cc3c5a_ScreenShot2015-11-03at11.2

What a nice polite man. It makes a pleasant change to indirectly read a post from someone so erudite and self effacing. Too much Riff Raff on this site normally.

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

Contacted Mel this morning, just to say thanks really for what he said last night really, you can't really get better free advertising than the club owner praising the site on local radio! I've waited a while to post this so you're all not searching through the who's online looking at who's sending private messages! 

56389c9cc3c5a_ScreenShot2015-11-03at11.2

It's a flipping conspiracy - Daveo is so desperate to catch me in the 'likes' stakes that he has enlisted Mel as his right-hand man. All those hours I have invested in Candy Crush mean nothing now - I am deeply hurt.

1 hour ago, needles said:

Don't be a ***** Rampage, you can't stitch me up. Not a patch on your normal standard of pun anyway. Try to inject some humour.

I nearly Hajduk split my sides there, Needles,. i do take your points though. I joined a Crochet Club last week, you know the one with the balls, hoops and mallets. When I got there, it was Crochet with Needles and they would not let me out until I had crocheted a small scarf. Fortunately, i now have the only crocheted Mel Morris freebie look alike scarf. Actually it is quite smart and very warm. I may go back, if you would like one, I will crack you out a crocheted Mel Morris scarf. (CMMS)

36 minutes ago, eddie said:

You are doing a fantastic job with this Forum, Daveo. We are very proud of your contribution to the Rams cause. The fact that Mel reads this Forum is the best possible way that he could get to keep in touch with what the fans think. This can only be good for all Derby fans.

All we need now is to convince Paul Clement to sign up so he could take advice from the extraordinary tactical and managerial talent we have on this forum. 

I am surprised nobody (the negative ones that is) picked up on Mel's comments about selling for a profit.

He said something like "we used to buy players and sell for less than what we paid... I want us to be improving players and selling them for more than we paid"

I half expected someone to twist that into "Mel is gonna sell out star players and keep the money".

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I am surprised nobody (the negative ones that is) picked up on Mel's comments about selling for a profit.

He said something like "we used to buy players and sell for less than what we paid... I want us to be improving players and selling them for more than we paid"

I half expected someone to twist that into "Mel is gonna sell out star players and keep the money".

Wondered that myself.  Come to think of it, when was the last time we made a profit on a player???

2 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Wondered that myself.  Come to think of it, when was the last time we made a profit on a player???

No idea, January will be the next time, when we sell Bryson to Burnley/Celtic if Muespach has his way.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Reality is, and I'm sure you know this because I don't think you actually hold that view, players get sold. If we buy a player for £1m, he does well, but then a few years later he gets displaced by a better player, I think it'd be a double bonus to be able to recoup £3m for him.

Maybe we won't go fully Southampton and sell everyone every season and still survive, but we won't keep everyone either. As long as we improve with the money, I don't mind a few key players being sold at top prices. But that's once we're up, because right now we have to keep the players together I think.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

What a nice polite man. It makes a pleasant change to indirectly read a post from someone so erudite and self effacing. Too much Riff Raff on this site normally.

I forgot what I was going to say, but it was going to be incredibly witty.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

I forgot what I was going to say, but it was going to be incredibly witty.

No. I will not be tricked into giving you a like. Not this time.

Archived