Rotation or Continuity?

Rampage

We have a large squad, so we can rotate players, but we need to win as many games as possible in order to get promotion. Should we stick with our best eleven for as long as possible until some players start to lose form or become tired? On the other hand should we rotate players on a regular basis and hope that changes will not disrupt our form?

A tricky one while we are playing catch up and we cannot afford to lose games unless teams pull away from us. For the moment I would stick with our best eleven.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as long as it's no more than one or two in the side I think it's OK to rotate a bit.

Keep some of the ones not starting interested and remind the regulars they have to be on it.

I wouldn't over do it at the moment as we're starting to gel more than needing points - i wouldn't want us to become disjointed like we were in the first few games.

I think Rotherham would be a good game to give the Bent Weiman 2 up top and outing though.

as long as it's no more than one or two in the side I think it's OK to rotate a bit.

Keep some of the ones not starting interested and remind the regulars they have to be on it.

I wouldn't over do it at the moment as we're starting to gel more than needing points - i wouldn't want us to become disjointed like we were in the first few games.

I think Rotherham would be a good game to give the Bent Weiman 2 up top and outing though.

we are aligned......

Hellishly difficult decision to make.

I've always believed in playing your strongest team but I realise that we will have to rotate for a number of reasons, fatigue, knocks/niggles (no point in playing someone not 100% if we've got good players waiting to come in).

This is where PC will earn his dosh! If he rotates for the sake of it and we lose he'll be slated.

My concern is more with the style and formation than the individuals. If, as mentioned above, we go with Benty and Weimann than our shape and possibly ball retention will suffer.

Should we rest Shacks or Keezy? I'd be uneasy!

ooohhh its too stressfull to fret about on a chilled Sunday evening....:lol:

Hellishly difficult decision to make.

I've always believed in playing your strongest team but I realise that we will have to rotate for a number of reasons, fatigue, knocks/niggles (no point in playing someone not 100% if we've got good players waiting to come in).

This is where PC will earn his dosh! If he rotates for the sake of it and we lose he'll be slated.

My concern is more with the style and formation than the individuals. If, as mentioned above, we go with Benty and Weimann than our shape and possibly ball retention will suffer.

Should we rest Shacks or Keezy? I'd be uneasy!

ooohhh its too stressfull to fret about on a chilled Sunday evening....:lol:

It only seems to be the "flair" players that ever get rotated. I'm including Forsyth and Christie in there because PC changes to a more conservative back four (oh, and Grant for Carson too). The "spine" of the team usually stays fairly constant except for when a player has got a slight niggling injury.

It only seems to be the "flair" players that ever get rotated. I'm including Forsyth and Christie in there because PC changes to a more conservative back four (oh, and Grant for Carson too). The "spine" of the team usually stays fairly constant except for when a player has got a slight niggling injury.

if you are not arsed about ball retention  - play Warnock!!

If your best 11 is constantly played and running at 95% efficiency it is a great shout to play them every week ... Meanwhile the second string, plan B boys are only at 50% happiness .. You get an injury and throw in an off song player and then you have problems. .... We do need to give an opportunity to those outside the 1st 12 or 13 players .. Choosing the moment is part of what a good manager can do. .. It's a decision I wouldn't want to make but Saturday's opposition might present a chance for some small tweaks ?

Weiman will come in for Ince if he's injured, Pearce perhaps can give one of the centre halves a day off, some game time without martin might be useful because at some point we're going to be without him and we never dealt with that last season.

That'd be 3, one forced.

Oh, hang on, sorry, it's Clement.

Baird, Warnock, Grant and Shotton come in.

I don't really see that playing Baird, Warnock, Weimann, Butterworth or Bent greatly weakens us, if you assume that out of our currently uninjured players Clement's first pick 11 might be the team that started vs Wolves.

3 changes vs Rotherham would be fine IMO. I would personally rest Thorne vs Rotherham - still need to nurse that boy back - and I would like to see Weimann given a start, and Bent some useful minutes in the second half. No idea what Clement will do but I do trust him to know best.

Is this a trick question?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

I would bring a few players in for the Rotherham game, definitely.

Hendrick and Baird,  for Butterfield and Christie, Pearce for Keogh perhaps,

Weiman for Ince.

If we are making changes, I'd leave Martin where he is at the moment.

I'd rotate against Rotherham. Hanson, Bent, Baird, Weimann all in to the team for game time and to give them a chance to impress. 

I have a sneaky feeling Thorne will get a yellow card against QPR and Hanson will step up against Forest and have a worldy of a game. Interested to see how bitter the QPR game is or isn't.

Archived