Rotation or Continuity?

Rampage

I don't really see that playing Baird, Warnock, Weimann, Butterworth or Bent greatly weakens us, if you assume that out of our currently uninjured players Clement's first pick 11 might be the team that started vs Wolves.

3 changes vs Rotherham would be fine IMO. I would personally rest Thorne vs Rotherham - still need to nurse that boy back - and I would like to see Weimann given a start, and Bent some useful minutes in the second half. No idea what Clement will do but I do trust him to know best.

I think we can gamble in midfield and up front but i'm worried if i don't see Keezy, Shacks, Cyrus and Fozzy on the team sheet. It makes me drink Bass quicker which then affects my whole weekend.

Until Bucko is fully fit i'd not change the back four.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really see that playing Baird, Warnock, Weimann, Butterworth or Bent greatly weakens us, if you assume that out of our currently uninjured players Clement's first pick 11 might be the team that started vs Wolves.

3 changes vs Rotherham would be fine IMO. 

Playing a weakened side aginst supposedly lesser teams only serves to motivate the opposition.

start with the strongest team and use all three subs to rest players when the points are won.

For me baird offers little going forward as a RB - even worse in midfield. sub only.

warnock is not as powerful or as strong as fozzy when attacking or defending. Sub only.

weimann will prob play if ince is injured

Butterworth? Butterfield is ok - needs games

bent is a bit cr@p and doesn't suit the system. Sub only.

When we play qpr and forest in four days we may have to use the squad a bit more but start strong.

i would save a couple for QPR and Gumps etc....Rotherham should play some fringe players

For me - i would go with Bent and Wieman up top against Rotherham....just to keep their boot in

You'd really drop Martin, the form he's in?

Never underestimate any side in this league, even Rotherham. We have to be putting out a near full strength squad, say they score early on and we've got a second rate team out, gonna be an uphill struggle.

Rotation is needed but not complete overhall as you've suggested. Starting Bent and Weimann upfront would not only be a change of personnel but a change of formation also. Why try and fix something that isn't broken? We've found a system in recent weeks that works, we shouldn't tamper with it.

Personally I'd start Weimann ahead of Ince but that would be the only change. Butterfield deserves to keep his place after a solid 2nd half from him against Huddersfield, although I would like to see Hanson feature in some capacity as I rate him very highly.

Playing a weakened side aginst supposedly lesser teams only serves to motivate the opposition.

start with the strongest team and use all three subs to rest players when the points are won.

For me baird offers little going forward as a RB - even worse in midfield. sub only.

warnock is not as powerful or as strong as fozzy when attacking or defending. Sub only.

weimann will prob play if ince is injured

Butterworth? Butterfield is ok - needs games

bent is a bit cr@p and doesn't suit the system. Sub only.

When we play qpr and forest in four days we may have to use the squad a bit more but start strong.

I agree with you RamNut. In principle i am very much in favour of rotation but only if we win the game!!!

YorkshireRam - Why try and fix something that isn't broken? 

This is absolutely true, especially when you 'fix it' and lose three points that you cannot get back.!!! Three points in the bag and some tired players is better than one or no points and a bit of rotation carried out. i tell you, Clement has a severe aversion to losing games.

Continuity whenever possible. 

But with the depth we have then if somebody is only 90% full health or they're feeling tired we can change one or perhaps two without suffering. We don't need to take slight risks with most players. 

But keeping players happy? If they want to play then play well when you get game time. You're not happy with that then you're a bottler and you can leave. Frustration at lack of opportunity is bound to be there but you have to expect to not be starting if the team is winning and your competition is playing well. 

Think players understand this though and the only time they get upset is when the team isn't winning and/or the player that's taken their place isn't performing.  

Over 46 games with all the niggles and discomfort everybody is going to get a kick. Some of the lads should be regretting their league cup efforts because the cups are a good chance to show what you've got

A few saying start Hanson?

Not sure but have we ever won a game with him starting?

Baird in for Christie at RB's the best one I've heard!

Christie's got his confidence back, why harm that? And does anyone really want a non attacking fullback playing Rotherham at home!?

As already pointed out Bournmouth used 18 players last season with 8 making 40 or more appearances!

yea we have a strong squad, but use it when we have to not just because we can. We're winning, let's stay winning!

I hope Clement shows Rotherham more respect than some Rams fans. Last season it was an incredibly tight 1-0 and a 3-3? Blackpool one of the worst Champ teams in a while and we fielded a strong side away, played pretty well but it was a late penalty that got us the points. It's a tight league. 

Start mucking about and it backfires. 

I hope Clement shows Rotherham more respect than some Rams fans. Last season it was an incredibly tight 1-0 and a 3-3? Blackpool one of the worst Champ teams in a while and we fielded a strong side away, played pretty well but it was a late penalty that got us the points. It's a tight league. 

Start mucking about and it backfires. 

Exactly this. We got draw against B'burn who have been pisspoor all season. Underestimating any team in this division is just asking yourself troubles...

But to rotate or not? No simple answer as both ways can work. It's all about what works for the team and that's hard to say if you're outsider.

The way people are talking about Rotherham suggests there could be booing at half time if we aren't winning. If we go behind, the atmosphere could be poisonous.

Rotherham are struggling and I imagine they will make it very hard for us as they are coming to a form team's home ground.

A few saying start Hanson?

Not sure but have we ever won a game with him starting?

Baird in for Christie at RB's the best one I've heard!

Christie's got his confidence back, why harm that? And does anyone really want a non attacking fullback playing Rotherham at home!?

As already pointed out Bournmouth used 18 players last season with 8 making 40 or more appearances!

yea we have a strong squad, but use it when we have to not just because we can. We're winning, let's stay winning!

I wouldn't go as far as you, but good point. (IMO Baird gives pretty good support attacking wise)

But if/when they sit deep, Christie should definitely play.

Archived