Another one bites the dust - Leeds sack Rosler

Cam the Ram

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get the hate for Leeds from many on here!!

Brian Clough called them out as cheats. We were rivals. They also had one of if not the dirtiest player in Norman Hunter. Said Hunter decided to have a punch up with our Franny Lee. Clough went to manage them and after a players revolt had to leave. To most Derby fans of that era they will always be "Dirty Leeds". Mud sticks......................

Brian Clough called them out as cheats. We were rivals. They also had one of if not the dirtiest player in Norman Hunter. Said Hunter decided to have a punch up with our Franny Lee. Clough went to manage them and after a players revolt had to leave. To most Derby fans of that era they will always be "Dirty Leeds". Mud sticks......................

Yep, I get all of that and witnessed it all and before, but most of the anti Leeds crap I hear comes from people who are way too young to have seen any of it. All of this was 40+ years ago. Norman Hunter was a good defender, if you want dirty then Billy Bremner and Johnny Giles were way dirtier than him. Personally, I feel for their fans, they deserve better than they are getting. Time to let go of the anti-Leeds stuff, it is embarrasing when they don't give a monkeys chopper about us.

Johnny Giles was dirtier. Sneaky little fecker

Yep, I get all of that and witnessed it all and before, but most of the anti Leeds crap I hear comes from people who are way too young to have seen any of it. All of this was 40+ years ago. Norman Hunter was a good defender, if you want dirty then Billy Bremner and Johnny Giles were way dirtier than him. Personally, I feel for their fans, they deserve better than they are getting. Time to let go of the anti-Leeds stuff, it is embarrasing when they don't give a monkeys chopper about us.

I dislike Leeds as my science teacher was a Leeds fan and the season they beat us 5-0 at Pride Park in 97/98 season for the next month he did nothing but take the pee.

Now my cousin-in-law is a Leeds fan and don't hear anything from him about football unless they have beaten us (I have been with my wife 10 years and it took so long for him to actually say anything I forgot he supported Leeds :lol:).

I remember Jack Charlton getting done for saying he'd got two players in his black book that he was going to "do" before he retired, always though Peter Osgood of Chelsea was one, never had a clue who the other was.

On a side note, if any young readers are at a loss for something to do sometime, check out the 1970 FA Cup Final replay between Leeds and Chelsea, it was brutal, Eddie McCreadie put in a head high flying tackle on Billy Bremner I seem to remember as one of the stand out moments

watch?v=9t_5sZ4-LRA

I remember Jack Charlton getting done for saying he'd got two players in his black book that he was going to "do" before he retired, always though Peter Osgood of Chelsea was one, never had a clue who the other was.

On a side note, if any young readers are at a loss for something to do sometime, check out the 1970 FA Cup Final replay between Leeds and Chelsea, it was brutal, Eddie McCreadie put in a head high flying tackle on Billy Bremner I seem to remember as one of the stand out moments

watch?v=9t_5sZ4-LRA

I would hazard a guess that it was somebody who had made him look an ar*e and let him know at the time that he looked an ar*e. If I was guessing, Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles or Frank Worthington.

I would hazard a guess that it was somebody who had made him look an ar*e and let him know at the time that he looked an ar*e. If I was guessing, Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles or Frank Worthington.

Good guesses bcn, hope it wasn't Worthington mind, I quite liked him,  I've always liked a maverick kind of player, suppose they'd be classed as a luxury these days.

Good guesses bcn, hope it wasn't Worthington mind, I quite liked him,  I've always liked a maverick kind of player, suppose they'd be classed as a luxury these days.

There were quite a few of them about in those days. Charlie Cooke was another player who would make another player look stupid for fun.

Archived