Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why was martin subbed? Was he injured? Or knackered? Bit disappointing we couldn't bag a win and a top 6 place . Maybe we miss Hendrick. 

Another clean sheet. Unbeaten in 7. You can't win every game.

Given his great form of late it was a shame Hendrick couldn't play. Swapping Warnock in for Forsyth seemed a shame when they were without a senior right back and had to play a midfielder there. Glad Bent got a bit of game time. Onto Saturday. Has Butterfield done enough to get a start against his former team?

Another clean sheet. Unbeaten in 7. You can't win every game.

Given his great form of late it was a shame Hendrick couldn't play. Swapping Warnock in for Forsyth seemed a shame when they were without a senior right back and had to play a midfielder there. Glad Bent got a bit of game time. Onto Saturday. Has Butterfield done enough to get a start against his former team?

butterfield has not done enough to start any game 

Our midfield looks unbalanced.

In every three-man midfield there should be a DM, a link-man and an attack-minded player who can get close to the CF.

IMO only Hendrick and Bryson can play that attack-minded role to the standard we want. Bradley Johnson probably could, but he's better as the all-rounder link-man who can tackle, pass, bulldoze etc.

Butterfield is also the link-man, but probably better on the ball and more comparable with Will Hughes (another link-man).

I just can't see us having a real attacking edge with Thorne, Johnson and Butterfield as a midfield three. 

100%  correct 

Disappointed with the performance more than the point. 1 shot on target isn't enough in any game for the quality we have in our squad. 

Not entirely sure what the changes were designed to achieve. Was Martin injured? Hanson is more defensive and Forsyth should've started not come on for the last 10 minutes. Weimann anyone?

i would have taken 4 points from these 2 away games so let's make sure we do the business on Saturday. 

Very dull watch on a wet and cold evening in a ***** town. 

Not a good performance among em. Not a bad one either. One of those nights I'm afraid. Just dull, very hard to watch and so I'll take the point and move on. I'll be at Huddersfield too though. It's what I do. 

I do hope others who went are also a little forgiving, and accepting. It wasn't great, think some lads looked a little tired actually, Johnson in particular looked nothing like he has previously. Ince never got involved, spurned a great chance in injury time too. Martin had little service but again, looked very leggy. Butterfield neat and tidy, grafted, but showed nothing creative or inventive, and Thorne not his usual self. 

If I had to give a MOTM it'd be Carson. Made one or two near post saves. 

I think Thorne was booked. Hard to remember considering the ref dished cards out like yellow confetti. He'll miss Saturday if so though. 

My mate says Clement must have instructed them to sit deep, play percentages etc, be cautious. I disagreed. I just think they were spent after Saturday (cue the 'professional footballers shouldn't be tired' posts). It's an away point, a clean sheet and there's no need for people to go OTT. But they will. 

I guarantee Ince, Warnock and Butterfield get criticism, they seem popular for it on here, and it'll probably be from people who didn't attend this evening. I did, and none of them deserve any stick. It was just one of those games. A **** one. 

COYR.

RD just debating whether we should be playing differently away from home, or trying to use our strengths

and dominate teams with the quality we have!!!

Don't think we need to change a lot , keep the same system ,like to see Bent get a bit more playing time in games like this ,fresh legs and a different threat when we aren't creating good chances.Not sure how Ince played tonight ?but we have the squad to rest tired legs during a game without compromising on quality

Archived