Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Chris Mills

Just out of interest does anyone know why Blackburn bother with stewards?

To stop their fans throwing cons at away supporters. I was hit in the face with one when we were there last year, and was not hit in the face with one yesterday.

Conclusive proof that stewarding works, I think.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was more referring to the one steward standing there telling everyone where to sit and then 10 minutes later, when the inevitable pandemonium had started, having 10 stewards marching up telling people to move. Is it really that hard getting people to sit in their own seats?

I was more referring to the one steward standing there telling everyone where to sit and then 10 minutes later, when the inevitable pandemonium had started, having 10 stewards marching up telling people to move. Is it really that hard getting people to sit in their own seats?

Yes.

Perhaps it was the weather, or maybe there was some other reason, but the first four rows of seats last night were occupied by flags. Normally the flags are placed in an unoccupied area, but seemingly not last night.

When we came to take our seats, we couldn't get near to them - the stewards had blocked off access to rows 1-5 and they were already telling people to sit where they wanted but to keep the buffer section clear of people. Personally I was delighted they took that decision - it was chucking it down and we would have been soaked.

Yes.

Perhaps it was the weather, or maybe there was some other reason, but the first four rows of seats last night were occupied by flags. Normally the flags are placed in an unoccupied area, but seemingly not last night.

When we came to take our seats, we couldn't get near to them - the stewards had blocked off access to rows 1-5 and they were already telling people to sit where they wanted but to keep the buffer section clear of people. Personally I was delighted they took that decision - it was chucking it down and we would have

Doesn't really bother me but when people have bought tickets together they should be allowed to sit together.

If stewards are going to encourage a free for all then they can have no complaints when people are stood in aisles without a seat!

Doesn't really bother me but when people have bought tickets together they should be allowed to sit together.

If stewards are going to encourage a free for all then they can have no complaints when people are stood in aisles without a seat!

I agree.

No, no, no. This is where I'm glad we have a football manager in charge of us rather than supporters.

We're not going to win 46 games a season and we were not going to win last night. They were more likely to score than we were. Sometimes you need to read a game and appreciate the game for what it is. Last night was making sure we came away with the 0-0 and the point in the bag. Its another undefeated (Psychologically a good thing), its another on the road undefeated, and its a point closer to promotion.

Therefore, I'm pleased we shut up shop. Martin, Russell, Keogh, Cyrus have all played a lot recently (or trained a lot). Blackburn had an extra days rest. The conditions were poor etc

We simply cannot play like we did against Wolves every game yet supporters expect this too much.

This for me was another chapter in the development of Paul Clement and I'm very pleased to not lose this game.

Not slagging you off rammie, but i was on record as looking for a solid 2-0.

After the event we are grateful/thankful to come away with a 0-0. I just wondered at what point our expectations start to shift. I wasn't at the game (or listening to the game until 92nd minute on Talksport in the car).

My only concern remains that we in one breath talk about our squad depth but then make only a small number of changes which nonetheless seem to disrupt our rhythm completely.

Ah well. not to be on this occasion I guess.

The photo on DET site for last night game I'm on there (TWICE YES TWICE) ;) 

my wife says you are a god and even better looking than Beckham ( but I might have made that up in an attempt to funny )

she has now seen this and it has cost me a handbag 

Archived