Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Chris Mills

I've compared the games that the top 7 have had so far and split them into the opponents currently being in the top half and the bottom half.

On that basis, Brighton and Boro have had the "easiest" runs and Rams and Hull the "hardest".

Team - games against top half opposition - games against bottom half opposition

Brighton - 4 - 8
Birmingham - 5 - 7
Reading-  5 - 7
Hull-  6 - 6
Burnley - 5 - 7
Boro - 4 - 8
Derby-  6 - 6

Very admira ble piece of work admira. Excellent information. If I read it correctly then, Brighton are taking advantage of it and Boro are not. We have not lost against our rivals and have six points from four games against them. In a perfect world it would be eight points but we have not lost ground against them and some of the games were played while we were still sorting ourselves out.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Hendrick is found guilty, let's hope that it is only a heavyish fine and warning but nothing drastic.Everyone can make a mistake, and it may be totally unfounded.

I got a feeling he might start Grant today 

Not taken for Granted. Leave it as it is. Give Grant a game in the FA Cup or bring him on at half time when we are winning three nil.

I've compared the games that the top 7 have had so far and split them into the opponents currently being in the top half and the bottom half.

On that basis, Brighton and Boro have had the "easiest" runs and Rams and Hull the "hardest".

Team - games against top half opposition - games against bottom half opposition

Brighton - 4 - 8
Birmingham - 5 - 7
Reading-  5 - 7
Hull-  6 - 6
Burnley - 5 - 7
Boro - 4 - 8
Derby-  6 - 6

Very interesting. If you split the league into thirds, Hull have played mainly midtable teams. 2 from the top 8 and all of the middle 8 teams.

We have only played 1 from the middle 8 and that was Wolves at the weekend.

Our midfield looks unbalanced.

In every three-man midfield there should be a DM, a link-man and an attack-minded player who can get close to the CF.

IMO only Hendrick and Bryson can play that attack-minded role to the standard we want. Bradley Johnson probably could, but he's better as the all-rounder link-man who can tackle, pass, bulldoze etc.

Butterfield is also the link-man, but probably better on the ball and more comparable with Will Hughes (another link-man).

I just can't see us having a real attacking edge with Thorne, Johnson and Butterfield as a midfield three. 

Archived