Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Chris Mills

Who would have believed that Boro would get one point from the last nine? Brighton are showing no sign of cracking, 28 points from 12 matches, impressive. We have to keep winning, there is not much point in going for draws. Who would have thought that Gary Rowett would have been keeping us out of the top two if we win tomorrow.Astounding managerial work from him. This a dog eat dog division. You have to beat the non-contenders first then win the matches against the contenders. Blackburn must be beaten. Brighton are at home again at the weekend but soon they are up against all the big teams and will have it all to do.We are very well placed if we can win tomorrow.We need to exert relentless pressure on Brighton now, because if they get away from us then all the other teams may be struggling for one place.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been looking at some match statistics tonight. Bayern Munich had 78% of the possession and a deluge of attempts on goal but only a few on target and no goals. Why is it so hard to get an attempt on target? You have all day to practice your skills. The goal frame is massive. Fair enough if an attempt is blocked or cleared. Is it because players like to aim for the corners but put it wide. If you cannot hit it where you want to then why not just aim for the centre of the goal and it probably will not go there but it should stand a better chance of being on target! :D

Interesting what Rampage says about who Brighton have to face .. A quick scan of results shows that apart from Hull and maybe Cardiif and Wolves that have faced mainly teams that are now in the lower part of the table while we have entertained Burnley, Boro, Birmingham and Reading who are all banging at the top and that is before we even include Wolves. They have some tough games coming that in a sense we have already dealt with. They are flying but they have a storm coming

blCkburn is going to be a great test .. Away, but we have loads of confidence and on an upward performance curve .. Watch the fear factor climb through the roof if we walk off with 3 points. Hope we take the game to them 

The route to the automatic places is clear after tonight's games. If we can beat Blackburn and Huddersfield away and any potential top two finishing side would reasonably be expected to do so, then it is down to BIrmingham. Hull are at home to Birmingham on saturday. If Brum do not win that one then we would go second.These calculations are much easier to do than to win the required games.Do I think that we will be top on saturday? I think that we will get four points and probably six from these two games, then let Hull get to work and draw with Brum. Clement's strategy is becoming clear. No lack of focus and no silly points thrown away. If teams get a draw or a win against us then it must be because they played really well, not because we had an off day.

Interesting what Rampage says about who Brighton have to face .. A quick scan of results shows that apart from Hull and maybe Cardiif and Wolves that have faced mainly teams that are now in the lower part of the table while we have entertained Burnley, Boro, Birmingham and Reading who are all banging at the top and that is before we even include Wolves. They have some tough games coming that in a sense we have already dealt with. They are flying but they have a storm coming

blCkburn is going to be a great test .. Away, but we have loads of confidence and on an upward performance curve .. Watch the fear factor climb through the roof if we walk off with 3 points. Hope we take the game to them 

Statistically, Brighton have had the 24th toughest start in the division... Boro have had the 23rd... Us 16th

Agreed, squad rotation is a dilemma when the unchanged team is in good form, but PC will want to both try on keep the squad players reasonably match fit and in his words "freshen it up". Lot of games in a short period. Wouldn't surprise me to see at least Grant, Baird, Warnock and Weimann get a start sometime over the next three games. But not all at the same time. Also might be good for George to pick up his 5th booking against HTFC and have the Rotherham game off. 

I don't think you can you say that!!

Statistically, Brighton have had the 24th toughest start in the division... Boro have had the 23rd... Us 16th

north stand .. I don't get that am I being a bit thick ? Are you saying we have had a tougher start ? It doesn't look like it to me Have I got it back to front ? Who has had the toughest start and is 1st the toughest or the easiest ? 

I used to hate hearing managers talking about one game at a time and not looking at the league table until the last 10 games or so!

However after last season's demise i'll be living 9 months of my year by that philosophy.

Not looking above and not looking behind. Just looking at the last and the next game and hoping that we put in a performance but most importantly get a positive result. 

Too easy to look at what games we have and comparing them with our opposition and then making an assumption of whose going to be in a better position. If it was that way we'd have been promoted in April instead of Watford.

I do think we'll get promoted, because when we play above 80% we can beat anyone in this league. Just hope we've got some consistency this year!

Brighton, Birmingham and Hull, won last night. 

Rotherham, Forest, Cardiff all did us favours. 

Take the Wolves performance into tonight's game, and we should be laughing. However, I get the feel there will be changes tonight.

Anything less than a win tonight, would be a poor result, but a draw wouldn't be catastrophic.

Nervous. Seems to be the overriding factor this season, for me. Even at 4-1 on Sunday I was still twitchy. 

2-1 Derby. 

Brighton are at home again at the weekend but soon they are up against all the big teams and will have it all to do.

I've compared the games that the top 7 have had so far and split them into the opponents currently being in the top half and the bottom half.

On that basis, Brighton and Boro have had the "easiest" runs and Rams and Hull the "hardest".

Team - games against top half opposition - games against bottom half opposition

Brighton - 4 - 8
Birmingham - 5 - 7
Reading-  5 - 7
Hull-  6 - 6
Burnley - 5 - 7
Boro - 4 - 8
Derby-  6 - 6

Even at 4-1 on Sunday I was still twitchy. 

2-1 Derby. 

I think that is a throw back to last seasons give away against Birmingham and the subsequent chaos. I felt the same ! - a sort of "is this too good to be true" sensation ... These feelings decrease with each successive solid performance. Also Wolves had some very able attacking players. I believe if we get a win tonight and play with authority then we can finally close that chapter and move back to the special times .. You know .. When you arrive at a game and wonder how many we will win by. Still sticking to my 3-1 Derby .. Early lead then Rhodes equaliser .. Bit nervous for 20 minutes and then we put it to bed. Martin to continue his scoring run. 

Brighton have yet to play a team above them.

:ph34r:

Well this is exactly the point isn't it. Brighton have played more teams (currently in the bottom half) because they were responsible for putting them there! Wen could say that's because the teams weren't good enough to compete with Brighton or Brighton were just too good!

To be honest I can't wait to play against Brighten because to be the best you've got to beat them!

DERBY County fans travelling up to Blackburn for tonight's match at Ewood Park could face delays.

There has been an accident involving a lorry and a car on the M6 northbound between J18, A54 (Middlewich) and J19, A556 (Knutsford).

Traffic is moving slowly in the area, so people are asked to give extra time for their journey.

UPDATED: At 16.30pm there is now severe disruptions facing fans who are heading on that road.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/M6-Accident-M6-delay-Derby-County-fans/story-28028320-detail/story.html#ixzz3pDZTj6QB
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

Archived