Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ended in poor performance, numerous times.

Think part of it is keeping the players he wants to use happy and fit, we're not seeing fringe players in the U21's that often, last thing you want is unfit players sulking around causing an atmosphere behind the scenes that wouldn't even be match fit if we needed them through injuries. 

A little rotation whilst remaining unbeaten is all good in my book even if it means a drop off in performance levels every so often

Think part of it is keeping the players he wants to use happy and fit, we're not seeing fringe players in the U21's that often, last thing you want is unfit players sulking around causing an atmosphere behind the scenes that wouldn't even be match fit if we needed them through injuries. 

A little rotation whilst remaining unbeaten is all good in my book even if it means a drop off in performance levels every so often

I don't know enough about Blackburns team but I always think part of selection should be linked to who your playing against. I wouldn't put Warnock up against a madly pacy winger but he is calm on the ball. 

I don't know enough about Blackburns team but I always think part of selection should be linked to who your playing against. I wouldn't put Warnock up against a madly pacy winger but he is calm on the ball. 

Clement will do that, he will have watched plenty of Blackburn's games and know enough about them, doubt he picks random games willy nilly to just throw in Warnock or Baird.

Can't stick to the same 11 week in week out however much we want to, Thorne gets injured (touch wood he won't), we need Butterfield, Baird or Hanson ready to go. 

thought warnock handled adomah pretty well , thought fozzy had a torrid first half against james henry on sunday , although he did improve second half , competition for places should keep everybody on their toes

Clement will do that, he will have watched plenty of Blackburn's games and know enough about them, doubt he picks random games willy nilly to just throw in Warnock or Baird.

Can't stick to the same 11 week in week out however much we want to, Thorne gets injured (touch wood he won't), we need Butterfield, Baird or Hanson ready to go. 

Agreed, squad rotation is a dilemma when the unchanged team is in good form, but PC will want to both try on keep the squad players reasonably match fit and in his words "freshen it up". Lot of games in a short period. Wouldn't surprise me to see at least Grant, Baird, Warnock and Weimann get a start sometime over the next three games. But not all at the same time. Also might be good for George to pick up his 5th booking against HTFC and have the Rotherham game off. 

Agree with this. Last season, partly we ran out of steam. Clement is used to big squads and rotation and he has a big squad at Derby. I suspect this is how Ancelotti would do it. Players aren't necessarily fighting/expecting to play in every game, but will want to play more than their rival for the shirt. Reading the Wolves forum they were amazed by the (Premier League) strength of our bench, but it's no use unless everyone is getting enough game time to stay sharp and fit.

It's about the whole season as well as being about the next match.

Hendricks ill so probably a chance for Butterfield.

Yes, 'ill'.

DERBY County midfielder Jeff Hendrick has been charged with violent disorder in relation to an alleged altercation outside a Dublin nightclub.

The 23-year-old Rams player was arrested in the Irish capital on Tuesday afternoon where he was charged with the offence and then appeared a short time later at Dublin District Court.

Dressed in a blue shirt, red tie, blue trousers and red shoes, he was brought to appear before Judge Anthony Halpin at a late sitting at the court.

Garda police officer Damian Beakey told Judge Anthony Halpin the midfielder was arrested shortly before 3.30pm on Tuesday and was charged with violent disorder less than 20 minutes later.

Mr Beakey told the court: "He had no reply to the charge after caution and was given a true copy of the charge."

Hendrick, a Republic of Ireland international, starred in Monday night's Euro 2016 qualifier against Georgia.

He set up Jonathan Walters' 69th minute winning goal to help the Irish team take third place in group D of the campaign.

Hendrick, who is originally from Coolock in Dublin, is accused of violent disorder at Harcourt Street on October 12, 2013. The alleged victim is a 33-year-old man.

Judge Halpin heard the Director of Public Prosecutions in Ireland had decided the case should be dealt by way of summary disposal, meaning the case should be dealt with at district court level and not sent forward to the circuit court which can impose lengthier sentences.

The facts of the case were not presented at the hearing, but Mr Beakey said there were no injuries during the alleged incident.

The prosecution said disclosure of evidence would be provided and that a co-defendant was due to appear in the district court on October 20.

Judge Halpin bailed Hendrick and adjourned the case until that date where the footballer is expected to enter a plea.

Hendrick was excused from having to attend court on the next date because Derby County have an away fixture at Blackburn Rovers in the Sky Bet Championship the following day.

Yes, 'ill'.

DERBY County midfielder Jeff Hendrick has been charged with violent disorder in relation to an alleged altercation outside a Dublin nightclub.

The 23-year-old Rams player was arrested in the Irish capital on Tuesday afternoon where he was charged with the offence and then appeared a short time later at Dublin District Court.

Dressed in a blue shirt, red tie, blue trousers and red shoes, he was brought to appear before Judge Anthony Halpin at a late sitting at the court.

Garda police officer Damian Beakey told Judge Anthony Halpin the midfielder was arrested shortly before 3.30pm on Tuesday and was charged with violent disorder less than 20 minutes later.

Mr Beakey told the court: "He had no reply to the charge after caution and was given a true copy of the charge."

Hendrick, a Republic of Ireland international, starred in Monday night's Euro 2016 qualifier against Georgia.

He set up Jonathan Walters' 69th minute winning goal to help the Irish team take third place in group D of the campaign.

Hendrick, who is originally from Coolock in Dublin, is accused of violent disorder at Harcourt Street on October 12, 2013. The alleged victim is a 33-year-old man.

Judge Halpin heard the Director of Public Prosecutions in Ireland had decided the case should be dealt by way of summary disposal, meaning the case should be dealt with at district court level and not sent forward to the circuit court which can impose lengthier sentences.

The facts of the case were not presented at the hearing, but Mr Beakey said there were no injuries during the alleged incident.

The prosecution said disclosure of evidence would be provided and that a co-defendant was due to appear in the district court on October 20.

Judge Halpin bailed Hendrick and adjourned the case until that date where the footballer is expected to enter a plea.

Hendrick was excused from having to attend court on the next date because Derby County have an away fixture at Blackburn Rovers in the Sky Bet Championship the following day.

Well maybe he can attend now then

Well maybe he can attend now then

Plot twist 

Trial of footballer Jeff Hendrick over alleged row delayed

The trial of Republic of Ireland footballer Jeff Hendrick over an alleged row on a Dublin street has been delayed after a medical report was sought by his co-defendant.

Hendrick (23), originally from Coolock in Dublin but now based in England where he plays for Derby County, is accused of violent disorder at Harcourt Street on October 12th, 2013. His co-accused is charged with violent disorder at nearby Montague Street and assault causing harm to a named man.

Hendrick had been charged in September and his case was adjourned until Tuesday but he had been excused from having to attend his latest hearing at Dublin District Court because he has a match on Wednesday.

His co-defendant, Jonathan Doran (24), of Kilmore Crescent, Artane, Dublin, was present.

Judge Patrick Clyne granted a six-week adjournment to both men to allow time for a dental report to be furnished for Mr Doran’s solicitor.

Hendrick, the FAI 2015 Young International Player of the Year, was excused from having to attend court on the next date A plea has yet to be entered.

At an earlier hearing, Garda Damian Beakey said Hendrick “had no reply to the charge after caution and was given a true copy of the charge.”

The court has heard that in Hendrick’s case, the DPP had decided the case should be dealt by way of “summary disposal”, meaning the case should be dealt with at district court level and not sent forward to the circuit court which can impose lengthier sentences.

His charge, under the public order act, involves an allegation of the use of, or the threat of violence, which could cause a person to fear for their safety.

Archived