Blackburn Rovers v Derby County

Chris Mills

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said elsewhere I'm looking for this to be where we put another big marker down. 2-0 win with a functional "minimalist" performance. No playing them off the pitch with swashbucking attack-at-all-costs football - just keeping them at arms length, moving their midfielders around with superior passing and movement and taking 2 out of about 9 chances created. They will have no more than 5 shots at our goal.

This to show we can shut out teams away from home and win comfortably when we want to.

Let's not take our foot off the gas ,keep up the tempo ,perhaps change it around second half irrespective of score possible rest Ince who was poor on Sunday ,give Bent a run out in second half with wienmann,keep same defence initially and see what happens. Dont  think we should be dropping any points in this one , obviously score line on Sunday helped but thought their was a bit more comarady and confidence within the team against wolves ,let's hope we are developing as a unit rather than having to rely on individual players making the difference.Coyr 3.0 .

A lot of disgruntled voices on their forum but they all seem more interested in their V Burnley game which is coming up soon. Suggestions that long ball to Rhodes is a tactic they drop in to rather too easily. Lock him down, boss the midfield and we can take them comfortably. 

Of course I am only saying this because Sunday's buzz is still ummm buzzing ! ...please please please can we get an early goal again. If we do we will wipe the floor. If not then I reserve the right to fret and bite my nails as usual. ..

awww go on ....   3-1 to the Rams .. Towering controlled display despite nervy moments after  Rhodes equaliser at 1-1

Blackburn will be looking to avoid a good hiding after watching us on sunday. Derby to dominate from the kick off and probably go off the boil for ten minutes. Give Rhodes a clear chance and he will probably score. Our midfield is tough and strong, a bit like the milky bar kid! If we score first then no mercy will be shown. The Derby players expect to win their games.

Archived