Butterfield Interview

JAT

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the gist of the interview was to find out how he's settled in. As you'd expect everything is fine, gets on with the players, staff and city. Did say it can be awkward at first as you have ton get used to the dynamics and understand you place within the dressing room.

The part I liked was when they asked him how he thought the team was playing. He talked about the quality of the squad, their ability to grind out a result, despite not being fully settled. 

He was so confident in his beliefs that we'll be "a force" in the second half of the season and that we'll finish strong. This didn't come across as the usual 'got to be said' stuff but a genuine belief. Like I said confident and slightly arrogant!

He also said he noticed that teams play different against us compared to how they would against other teams.

ive noticed that he likes to shoot from distance as does Johnson, they have had a lot of shots blocked between them both.

Well the gist of the interview was to find out how he's settled in. As you'd expect everything is fine, gets on with the players, staff and city. Did say it can be awkward at first as you have ton get used to the dynamics and understand you place within the dressing room.

The part I liked was when they asked him how he thought the team was playing. He talked about the quality of the squad, their ability to grind out a result, despite not being fully settled. 

He was so confident in his beliefs that we'll be "a force" in the second half of the season and that we'll finish strong. This didn't come across as the usual 'got to be said' stuff but a genuine belief. Like I said confident and slightly arrogant!

This psychological part of football must not be underestimated, 'The Special One' has been doing it for years, our players must believe they are a force, and have the best quality, when we didn't last season you could see that in our performance and body language.

I think it's odd that a lot of people on here have already made their minds up about him despite him having only played a few games. Reckon he's useless and a waste of money etc. Give him a bit more time and he'll come good, I have no doubt. He's got bags of talent and potential. A great acquisition. 

A good acqusition to the club,after ten games we should really be seeing a settled squad playing as a team ,playing with more confidence and hopefully this will show in performances and results.Not sure anything in the interview was informative ,certainly nothing said that you wouldn't expect ,but good to hear from the lad and wish him well for the season ahead.

Coyr

I think it's odd that a lot of people on here have already made their minds up about him despite him having only played a few games. 

Really?...not odd at all when you think how much game time he's had compared to Weimann who was written off before the season started and again a few games in for not being involved.

Welcome to DCFC Fans, it's brutal in here

Really?...not odd at all when you think how much game time he's had compared to Weimann who was written off before the season started and again a few games in for not being involved.

yes Daveo.. 100% agree. I have no doubts at all about either Butterfield or Weiman . Both class both young and both have a lot to offer and lots of space for improvement under a good coach. In a sense I see the likes of Bent or Johnson as finished articles who can do the business. The pleasure in being a fan at a club that is on the up is seeing less high profile players rising to the challenge. 

yes Daveo.. 100% agree. I have no doubts at all about either Butterfield or Weiman . Both class both young and both have a lot to offer and lots of space for improvement under a good coach. In a sense I see the likes of Bent or Johnson as finished articles who can do the business. The pleasure in being a fan at a club that is on the up is seeing less high profile players rising to the challenge. 

is it a pleasure to be a fan of the club? Well, yes actually. I'd agree it's a pleasure to be a fan of the club, however, I don't think it's as much of a pleasure as it should be due to expectations of some fans. 

is it a pleasure to be a fan of the club? Well, yes actually. I'd agree it's a pleasure to be a fan of the club, however, I don't think it's as much of a pleasure as it should be due to expectations of some fans. 

but Chris .. 'Twas always thus .. No matter who you support. There was even a Fergie out Brigade at Man U. i think all clubs have a "never content" group.

Bluntly .. My priorities are win more than you loose, play football the right way .i.e mostly with the ball on the deck and with attacking intent, have a mantra to be better than last week/month/year and have owners who care and are fiscally competent. Right now we have most of that and it is thoroughly enjoyable ! 

He's a good player and when he kicks into form, we will move up another notch. if 3 from Thorne, Hendrick, Johnson and Butterfield are fit at any one time, top 6 is a formality. 

All 4 and Martin staying fit and we are chasing Boro hard.

Bootle.

Archived