Butterfield Interview

JAT

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Butterfield and it's hard for a player like him and Hughes to just slot in. It's alright for players like Johnson and Thorne because they can give you a bit more than clever movement with the ball. It's players like Hughes and Butterfield that give the control and the speed when they're settled. Johnson and Thorne and to an extent Bryson and Hendrick can offer a bit more physicality and obviously an eye for goal or in Thorne's case too he has a whole pitch to turn and face because his position is less intense. 

Still miss Hughes though. Best midfielder in the Champ for me. So clever at giving the right pass at the right time.  He just brings out the best in others. Perfect teammate. 

Hate it that we can't get him and Thorne together. 

Butterfield like Ince, Bent, Johnson and Carson  all fantastic buys.........

I've been mighty impressed with Carson so far, can't believe a lot of folk were saying he wasn't any better than Grant...

I think all our signings will prove to be very shrewd come the end of the season.  Steve Nicholson reiterated in a piece today how Clement said everyone needs to be on their toes and ready to play as he sees it as a squad game.  Wiemann, Butterfield, even Pearce will get a run of games and will be emboldened to do well.

I've been mighty impressed with Carson so far, can't believe a lot of folk were saying he wasn't any better than Grant...

Both Grant and Carson on form, are pretty much the same level, Grant's recent performances have overshadowed his performances since joining us and pre nose dive

Saw a comment section on Facebook a while ago from one of our games where people couldn't believe we played Carson, apparently the worst keeper in the division :) Got to admit I thought he'd just be backup/competition to push Grant, he's been great.

Both Grant and Carson on form, are pretty much the same level, Grant's recent performances have overshadowed his performances since joining us and pre nose dive

Grant was very good when Steele came in, and for the rest of that season.  But his form from Jan onwards was bang average.  He's an able deputy but Carson is the better keeper and has a bit of arrogance about him...

Grant was very good when Steele came in, and for the rest of that season.  But his form from Jan onwards was bang average.  He's an able deputy but Carson is the better keeper and has a bit of arrogance about him...

How is that useful in any way as a goalkeeper?

Personally, I don't think he's arrogant at all. But I don't understand why arrogance is suddenly such a sought after trait? Maybe people are just misdefining 'arrogant'.

I've always thought that strikers need a bit of arrogance about them - goes hand in hand with high levels of self confidence. If you don't believe you can score, you won't.

I've always thought that strikers need a bit of arrogance about them - goes hand in hand with high levels of self confidence. If you don't believe you can score, you won't.

Forwards, yes. Some midfielders, perhaps. Goalkeepers? Not at all.

All sportsmen benefit from a belief in their own ability.  Providing they can back it up of course.

1) How is a man who looks like he's going to cry every time a shot comes his way arrogant? After what happened to him for England his long-term confidence is a mess. He's looking fairly confident now though.

2) That's belief in his own ability. Arrogance would suggest he doesn't believe he can be improved because he's already the best he can be.

As I said, I don't think you're using the word in the right context. I like Carson. Do you think he would consider being called arrogant a compliment? Especially as it isn't true.

1) How is a man who looks like he's going to cry every time a shot comes his way arrogant? After what happened to him for England his long-term confidence is a mess. He's looking fairly confident now though.

2) That's belief in his own ability. Arrogance would suggest he doesn't believe he can be improved because he's already the best he can be.

As I said, I don't think you're using the word in the right context. I like Carson. Do you think he would consider being called arrogant a compliment? Especially as it isn't true.

Perhaps I may have chosen the wrong wording.

Suggesting he looks panic stricken whenever a ball comes his way is a little harsh though.  He looks one of the more self assured (better?) keepers we've had since Poom.

Perhaps I may have chosen the wrong wording.

Suggesting he looks panic stricken whenever a ball comes his way is a little harsh though.  He looks one of the more self assured (better?) keepers we've had since Poom.

think youre right mate but for me it's also the self assurance to really command the box and get potentially experienced defenders organised in no uncertain terms. 

Archived