Chris Evans has resigned

SuperSheep

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same malaga team that drew away to real madrid and were unlucky not to get a point at the camp nou, yeh no

If you had no fingers on either hand, you can still count how many goals they have scored in their six league matches so far. Imagine if at was Derby...

oh and Albentosa stayed on the bench against Real.

If you had no fingers on either hand, you can still count how many goals they have scored in their six league matches so far. Imagine if at was Derby...

oh and Albentosa stayed on the next against Real.

Different circumstances in different leagues. Malaga aren't expected to challenge at the top whereas derby are. I agree that's poor for a team with the quality of malaga though

He didn't come off the bench vs Real Madrid and was a used sub vs Barcelona.......just saying :)

oh and Albentosa stayed on the bench against Real.

Conceded 3 goals in 6 games...

I'd say that's a fairly solid defence...

fair enough, but which players didn't do 'something'? Define 'something' as it's very subjective as to what that something is. Simply someone like Leon Best could've been bought in to keep the opposition busy whilst Martin recovered/rested, yet you lot think because he didn't score 300 goals in his 300 minutes, he was a failure. Same with Warnock, he cannot be considered a failure yet.

no matter how you want to define failure, Leon Best is it.

Bit of an awkward conversation I imagine...'they've let you go? After all you've done for that flipping club, helping to bring in all those amazing players.! well, you're better off working elsewhere if they don't appreciate how good you are, and when it all goes wrong then maybe they'll realise all the work you did for them eh. So who the hell have they brought in to try and replace you?? ....No-one..? What do you mean they don't feel they need to bother ..?

No mate ,I said the same , Leon Best ,Shotton , I still think Warnock and Baird are not going to make it but prepared to give a bit more time and unless Butterfield has a lot more to give Huddersfield had our pants down.

ye gods Butterfield has only been here 5 minutes.

ye gods Butterfield has only been here 5 minutes.

That's why I said I hope he has more in his locker ,if this is the highest standard he can achieve from what I have seen we have been done.

I do take your point though and the Huddersfield fans rated him highly ,I have yet to see the £4.75 mill.? value for money yet.Lets face a player we already had on the books looked better on Saturday.

This director of football thingy was a stupid idea from the start.

chris evans wasn't a director of football with authority over footballing matters, he was effectively just a glorified chief scout.

how can you have one bloke making all the signings and another who will survive or fail depending on the quality of those signings ? The whole thing was @rse about tiit. 

usually the chief scout is appointed by the manager, who trusts his judgement.

i think clement will want his own man in that position and the job title may not be 'director of.....anything'.

poor old chris was on dodgy ground when he made a bit of a mess of appointing his scouting team. He was tied to mcclaren when he appointed joe mcclaren. Albentosa was an error. If he'd brought him in on a free in the summer then that might have been less expensive an error, but he failed to do "due diligence" and that signing was criticised by eric steele.

i feel a bit sorry for chris but then i always do when a decent bloke gets the push. On the quiet this is a pretty ruthless new regime. 

PS I've no idea 'who did what' in relation to transfers....but I think the 'hit' to 'miss' rate is pretty good. Also wouldn't have believed a year or two ago that likes of Johnson, Weimann, Bent, Ince, Shackell would have come here, so someone has done a very good job selling the club. Any negatives on transfer policy for me would not be about the 'quality' of player but more around whether the right players have been bought to fill the positions where we most need them....surely that is the manager's role right there?

Well he's playing for a team far superior to us, earning solid reviews and has been an ever present in their side since he joined so... yes!

Well he has started 3 of their 6 games (none of the last 3) so isn't ever present and can't be doing that great if they have left him out. They haven't won or scored a goal yet but do have 3 draws so can defend but clearly keep everyone back. 

Well he has started 3 of their 6 games (none of the last 3) so isn't ever present and can't be doing that great if they have left him out. They haven't won or scored a goal yet but do have 3 draws so can defend but clearly keep everyone back. 

So with a team better than ourselves, that's not bad going. Impossible to tell if a player will find form when he moves to a new club, so unfair to call Albentosa a miss

Albentosa was an error. If he'd brought him in on a free in the summer then that might have been less expensive an error, but he failed to do "due diligence" and that signing was criticised by eric steele.

What did Eric Steele say? I never read anything on the matter?

(nothing to do with my earlier comments about the Albentosa signing. I wouldn't go as far as to say that he is a friend as in the Bryson/Valleyram type friendship)

Chris Evans gone - fine can't see that we've done any better with him than without him, and given the budget in recent times I've been a little underwhelmed.

Talking of hit and. Misses PC has hardly set the place a light who's decision was it to bring him in because I feel the juries still out although a little premature

This season has got automatic promotion written all over it.........

Very average start yet extremely hard to beat.

Horrendous injuries to our best players.

Not played particularly well yet right in the mix ready to kick on.

Strong squad.

Proven goalscorers in abundance.

I've already paid for Away membership next season so I can get a ticket for Highbury, Maine Road and the like ahead of the regular away following.

Maybe this move isn't a declaration of faith in recent signings. Bent and weimann left on the bench, Pearce not even in the squad. Dunno whether evans had anything to do with butterfield and Johnson. Who will be making the recruitment choices now then... I thought with Mac in charge evans drew up a short list and Mac made the choice. Clem hardly seemed to be involved in the summer signings as most were lined up before he arrived. 

This season has got automatic promotion written all over it.........

Very average start yet extremely hard to beat.

Horrendous injuries to our best players.

Not played particularly well yet right in the mix ready to kick on.

Strong squad.

Proven goalscorers in abundance.

I've already paid for Away membership next season so I can get a ticket for Highbury, Maine Road and the like ahead of the regular away following.

wow how many chickens have you counted? This set up is still very much a work in progress... Chris Evans leaving maybe a sign they are not happy with recent recruits which might suggest more change to come. Could be very difficult to get promoted with all these changes, plus the injuries to hughes Bryso and thorne. 

Archived