Chris Evans has resigned

SuperSheep

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, when I suggested that he should have left with Steve and that his transfers have been poop, I got jumped on in here.

No mate ,I said the same , Leon Best ,Shotton , I still think Warnock and Baird are not going to make it but prepared to give a bit more time and unless Butterfield has a lot more to give Huddersfield had our pants down.

with this, I'm alarmed. We should be expecting the coaching staff to get the best out of this lot.

WIth this, I'm also alarmed. If having a sugar-daddy owner meant interfering and treating my team as a play-thing, I'd have rather he stayed away and we carried on with GSE

I am not talking about meddling. Mel Morris is miles ahead of us. He is a football fan. He knows a good player when he sees one and he knows whether he wants to commit his own cash to buy him.Quite a number of people on here thought that they knew more than Chris Evans on transfers. Chris Evans has left with no sign of a replacement. Mel Morris is completely in charge and has the cash. Would you want someone to blow your cash for you? I would not. I have no idea why Clement would want someone to pick players for him but input from Mel Morris makes perfect sense to me. Mel watches a lot of football. If he thinks that Johnson is a very good player and he has the cash, then why not sign him?. There is no way that Mel Morris did not want Butterfield and Johnson to play for Derby County.Very likely to me that he spent £10 million on players that he wanted and that Clement was very happy to get. How could Mel Morris, as a football fan, not know who the best players in the Championship are? If we know, then how could he not know? He can say, 'get me everything that you can get on Butterfield' and two days later he has a dvd with everything that he needs to know on Butterfield playing in his lounge with a glass of excellent wine in his hand.Then he decides how much he would pay.I cannot see the problem because with £400 million and as owner of the Club and with an excellent working relationship with Clement, I would be enjoying my Derby County dream to the full. Derby have never had better ownership.

I am not talking about meddling. Mel Morris is miles ahead of us. He is a football fan. He knows a good player when he sees one and he knows whether he wants to commit his own cash to buy him.Quite a number of people on here thought that they knew more than Chris Evans on transfers. Chris Evans has left with no sign of a replacement. Mel Morris is completely in charge and has the cash. Would you want someone to blow your cash for you? I would not. I have no idea why Clement would want someone to pick players for him but input from Mel Morris makes perfect sense to me. Mel watches a lot of football. If he thinks that Johnson is a very good player and he has the cash, then why not sign him?. There is no way that Mel Morris did not want Butterfield and Johnson to play for Derby County.Very likely to me that he spent £10 million on players that he wanted and that Clement was very happy to get. How could Mel Morris, as a football fan, not know who the best players in the Championship are? If we know, then how could he not know? He can say, 'get me everything that you can get on Butterfield' and two days later he has a dvd with everything that he needs to know on Butterfield playing in his lounge with a glass of excellent wine in his hand.Then he decides how much he would pay.I cannot see the problem because with £400 million and as owner of the Club and with an excellent working relationship with Clement, I would be enjoying my Derby County dream to the full. Derby have never had better ownership.

The highlighted segments are things you've said that you have zero evidence to support. That is all. 

I can't work out if you are serious or just living in some fantasy land.

I can't work out if you are serious or just living in some fantasy land.

I am serious. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how misinformed or fantasy oriented. I am off to Fantasy Island now as I have to go to Birmingham. I am certain that if you had just bought Derby County for a lot of money you would be delighted to take no part in choosing players. Fantasy indeed! NITK :cool:

I thought that Clement was quoted as saying that he put Warnock in instead of Fozzy because Fozzy was not doing enough going forward. My apologies, must have got that one wrong.

At least Warnock can look up and play a great cut-back to an unmarked player on the edge of the box.

Well he's playing for a team far superior to us, earning solid reviews and has been an ever present in their side since he joined so... yes!

Not true. He didn't start against Barcelona but came on at about 15 minutes when the centre half got injured. This weekend against Real Madrid at 77 minutes he was sat in the bench. I've tried to support him since he signed for us, not only because he's from the town where I live but also because the reports about him at this end were very good and I felt that he hadn't been given a real chance, but I have to admit that although he is getting some good reviews he can't hold down a permanent place. When he was in our side many people made him MOTM in the early games, others felt that he was at best nothing special. The technical staff however weren't convinced, and it would appear that at Malaga neither. Maybe it's a case of his face fitting perfectly at Eibar and that at another club he just isn't going to be successful. I still hope that he can become a success at Malaga, but that us probably because I know several of his personal friends and I have been able to "chat" with him a few times on whatsapp. He seems a very genuine guy who has given everything to become a professional footballer, but unfortunately it doesn't look as though that will ever be with the Rams.

Just just because we as fans are not aware of who the recruitment team is doesn't mean there isn't one. We don't need an announcement for everything and I like the quiet way DCFC have obviously gone about adding to the scouting department over the past summer with guys which Paul Clement obviously knows.

And Albentosa is not pulling up any trees for a Malaga team in the relegation zone in Spain.

Just just because we as fans are not aware of who the recruitment team is doesn't mean there isn't one. We don't need an announcement for everything and I like the quiet way DCFC have obviously gone about adding to the scouting department over the past summer with guys which Paul Clement obviously knows.

And Albentosa is not pulling up any trees for a Malaga team in the relegation zone in Spain.

The same malaga team that drew away to real madrid and were unlucky not to get a point at the camp nou, yeh no

Archived