Chris Evans has resigned

SuperSheep

Funny that the only photo Radio Derby could find of Chris Evans for there tweet was one of him shaking Macs hand.... Reading between the lines... Are the local media/press happy he's gone? 

Someone needs to train them how to use Google Images

maxresdefault.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will like to think that all signings are brought in to fight for a place in the first team and those that fail to push for a place are rightly judged. Evans deserves to getting sacked not let him resign if he's been allowed to go identify players that are nowhere good enough for the team.

Warnock - Miss - Squad filler, cannot be considered a miss
Player of the season at Leeds prior to joining us, doubt he was brought in just to make up the numbers

Mascarell - Miss - No chance, our fall coincided with his injury.
Our fail coincided with Eustace and Martin getting injured, not Mascarell, if Omar was called Dave Bloggs and came from Burton putting the same performances in no way would anyone be singing his praises or trying to find him a new position in the team. Sexy Spanish name, Real Madrid, hook line and sinker.

Warnock was cheap opportunist signing, capitalising on Leeds financial situation. He's not had much chance thus far, but was one of our best players over the full 90 on Saturday. Too early to judge and good or bad, but certainly not bought in to be first choice ahead of "Fozzy".

Mascarell was instrumental in getting us to the top of the table, Eustace was out before Xmas yet we somehow managed to move up the table? Hmmm makes sense. We didn't capitulate until probably the Birmingham home game in March time, and that coincided with Mascarell being injured. Bent and Ince picked up the goal-scoring slack from Martin so I don't buy that. Nothing to do with his nationality. Whilst he was no George Thorne, he was still quite effective in keeping the ball moving.

I don't get which angle you're coming from. Are you saying that you deludedly expected Bent-like scoring figures from him, and are disappointed? or are you saying that you knew he was **** and are harshly judging him even though he matched your expectations? He was a squad filler, on the cheap. The criticisms should go to whoever limited us to cheap squad fillers.

First of all, I didn't write that he was a miss and I don't necessarily agree with what was listed as hits and misses and I've never said I do. However with Best I do agree, I knew he was below average, and at the time didn't see the point in signing him and for that reason I don't think it was a good decision for Evans to do so. 

The fact that we "needed cheap squad fillers" is a crap defense, because for what he put in we may as well have promoted an u21 player and saved as much wage cost as we could. 

Warnock was cheap opportunist signing, capitalising on Leeds financial situation. He's not had much chance thus far, but was one of our best players over the full 90 on Saturday. Too early to judge and good or bad, but certainly not bought in to be first choice ahead of "Fozzy".

Mascarell was instrumental in getting us to the top of the table, Eustace was out before Xmas yet we somehow managed to move up the table? Hmmm makes sense. We didn't capitulate until probably the Birmingham home game in March time, and that coincided with Mascarell being injured. Bent and Ince picked up the goal-scoring slack from Martin so I don't buy that. Nothing to do with his nationality. Whilst he was no George Thorne, he was still quite effective in keeping the ball moving.

Warnock has been here almost a year now and hasn't been able to dislodge Forsyth on a permanent basis. A defender with international and bags of Premier League experience that's quite disappointing.

All this cheap opportunist stuff is guessing games, we could have been tracking Warnock for a while. As of today the signing has been a miss, nothing stopping him from turning things around and becoming a hit. 

Mascarell was instrumental with nothing, he may as well walked around the pitch with a trumpet, least it would have improved the atmosphere. If he was so instrumental why was the constant argument he's not a CDM he needs to be pushed forward more? surely if he was instrumental we would have been happy with where he was?

Truth is he was crap and 100% a miss. 

Simply the Mel revolution unfolding. Mel will be checking everyone over and some will be leaving.Mel is doing it his way because he OWNS it. We have no spectacular signings at really good prices.For me, Carson is excellent value for money and Johnson is the real deal.How many of these players did Clement really choose or want? We will never know.Let us hope that Sam Rush is unaffected by this. Why has Chris Evans gone at this time? I would not be satisfied with Derby's start to the season and style of play. Let the clear out of players begin so that we can get some more at Xmas.We need two classy fullbacks now and some genuine young prospects with exceptional talent. All this costs big money.Mel knows that the competition in this league is fierce and that we are a long way from looking like one of  the  favourites for the automatic positions.

Simply the Mel revolution unfolding. Mel will be checking everyone over and some will be leaving.Mel is doing it his way because he OWNS it. We have no spectacular signings at really good prices.For me, Carson is excellent value for money and Johnson is the real deal.How many of these players did Clement really choose or want? We will never know.Let us hope that Sam Rush is unaffected by this. Why has Chris Evans gone at this time? I would not be satisfied with Derby's start to the season and style of play. Let the clear out of players begin so that we can get some more at Xmas.We need two classy fullbacks now and some genuine young prospects with exceptional talent. All this costs big money.Mel knows that the competition in this league is fierce and that we are a long way from looking like one of  the  favourites for the automatic positions.

So long as he does NOT do a Fawaz

I'm sincerely worried if you're not happy with this squad, I'm not sure how you can come to conclusion we have to buy more. Up until recently, most people would say fozzy is in the top three left backs in the league, and if Christie plays like he did early last year then he could be up their with the best in the league too. And the young players are already coming through aren't they? Hughes, Hendrick, Hanson, Rawson (and possibly calero, ssewankambo and others to come out the academy yet). 

Where Chris Evans goes next may clarify the situation. i think that Mel might be doing some of the job of spotting players now. If I am forking out £4 million of my Candy Crush cash I would want it to be on a player that I want. End of story.That is what I would do. Mel Morris is a FAN, like us.

with this, I'm alarmed. We should be expecting the coaching staff to get the best out of this lot.

Where Chris Evans goes next may clarify the situation. i think that Mel might be doing some of the job of spotting players now. If I am forking out £4 million of my Candy Crush cash I would want it to be on a player that I want. End of story.That is what I would do. Mel Morris is a FAN, like us.

WIth this, I'm also alarmed. If having a sugar-daddy owner meant interfering and treating my team as a play-thing, I'd have rather he stayed away and we carried on with GSE

Wasn't too long a go all we wanted was a Sean Barker type fee signing, this season we've had 21 Sean Barker fees and people still want more. 

I would be happy now to only sign players to replace any long term injuries only. Let's not get greedy. 

Think that is the wrong way to go about it IMO.

Surely with a limit on expenditure the coach/manager must have preference on players.

You can not have owners turning up with a player in the back of his Merc and saying " here you are boss I have bought *******,

stick him in the team somewhere* . 

I'm sincerely worried if you're not happy with this squad, I'm not sure how you can come to conclusion we have to buy more. Up until recently, most people would say fozzy is in the top three left backs in the league, and if Christie plays like he did early last year then he could be up their with the best in the league too. And the young players are already coming through aren't they? Hughes, Hendrick, Hanson, Rawson (and possibly calero, ssewankambo and others to come out the academy yet). 

We can have any squad that we want, full of good players but if very average teams can nearly beat us then there is a lot of room for improvement at some level. Clement complained about the attitude of his players and said that it did not look like his team. MK Dons should have been dominated from start to finished and outclassed. They nearly beat us. Full backs are half decent but not excellent. Young players have it all to d,o for me. Hughes is brilliant and Hendrick is a fine player. The others will struggle to get in our team inside two years, that is the gap that I mean. If we get promoted it is the Premiership that they will have to break into. Clement has sorted the defence but the midfield balance and stylish attacking play is no longer there, for whatever reason.

We can have any squad that we want, full of good players but if very average teams can nearly beat us then there is a lot of room for improvement at some level. Clement complained about the attitude of his players and said that it did not look like his team. MK Dons should have been dominated from start to finished and outclassed. They nearly beat us. Full backs are half decent but not excellent. Young players have it all to d,o for me. Hughes is brilliant and Hendrick is a fine player. The others will struggle to get in our team inside two years, that is the gap that I mean. If we get promoted it is the Premiership that they will have to break into. Clement has sorted the defence but the midfield balance and stylish attacking play is no longer there, for whatever reason.

If Clement has sorted the defence out why are you wanting 2 new full backs? 

Concerns me that the only person with experience in professional football although this is limited ,gets to be director of football--ie head of recruitment ,as gone leaving us with a team of Sam Rush-Sam Rush--Sam Rush.--Mel Morris dont count as he owns the club.This leaves a big ask for Paul Clements to build a side from the players at his disposal

And i am sure he will do a good job .

The new system seems to work throw money at it And i must say the change in running the football club works.

Only now the system of a director of football; introduced by the club is  tainted.

Clough--Manager --replaced by Director of football Evans.

Maclaren--head coach sacked -replaced by Clement.

Evans departs as director of football

Stability is not the order of the club at the moment.-

Tension and change is, what a season we are havin

Archived