Newcastle United 2015-16 season

i-Ram

I find myself wondering when things like this happen why everyone points the finger at the players last of all. The manager, fans, bank balance, trainers, stadium and so on do not kick a ball during those 38 games. 

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am absolutely made up that Mike "The Fat C***" Ashley has got what he deserved.  Not going to get your chubby digits on all that lovely Sky money now are you, you scummy toad like parasite!!!  

I feel for the fans, a club of their size should be up there with the Southamptons & West hams fighting for Euro places at the very least.  Being stuck with the Prince of the Pikey Product Peddlers can't be much fun.

At least if we don't go up there's a top day/weekend away to look forward to.  Every silver cloud eh...

My Newcastle supporting mate already seems to think they'll walk the league without any worries. "I need Hull to go up with Boro and Burnley because then we won't have any competition for 1st place next season"

Where do they get this never ending confidence from?

Just now, Kernow said:

My Newcastle supporting mate already seems to think they'll walk the league without any worries. "I need Hull to go up with Boro and Burnley because then we won't have any competition for 1st place next season"

Where do they get this never ending confidence from?

Delusion.

He reckons they'll beat their tally from last time which was 102. It was the highest points tally in that league. Well at least it was until I pointed out that Reading got 106 points in 05/06.

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

they don't deserve sympathy (the fans), the way they treated Pardew, and even further back, when Allardyce was there, was nothing short of disgusting. I hope they plummet through the championship in financial ruin. They could do with some humility.

Could say the same about a few Derby fans over Wassall, never heard so much spite over a coach who only managed one first team game.

13 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Glad they got relegated feel for there fans. They always think there a top club they have every potential to be one with the stadium and fans. Never really got there and to lose your place to your nearest rivals ouch! Hopefully they can find a Nolan type figure to carry them like last time or they may be in trouble.

I think they'll struggle badly with the current team, a bunch of spineless individuals, might have some flair and style in the ranks but that counts for absolutely nothing in the Championship, which is why we've struggled in games where teams have been physical.

A lot of their fans are already celebrating winning the league simply because they did it last time, but last time they had some players that were up for a fight, Barton and Nolan to name 2, this time they've got a set of players that go hiding when the going gets tough. 

We've realised what this league is all about I think, which is why we went out and signed Johnson, Pearce and Baird. flair only get you so far in this league, which is why Burnley went up and we have to sweat on the playoffs. if we fail in them I'm confident with the right manager appointment we'll be so much better off next season. 

12 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

they don't deserve sympathy (the fans), the way they treated Pardew, and even further back, when Allardyce was there, was nothing short of disgusting. I hope they plummet through the championship in financial ruin. They could do with some humility.

It's not just those 2 either. Perhaps even worse was when they hounded poor Sir Bobby out when he got them back amongst the champions league then the following season dared to finish only 5th I think.

It proved to be his last job of a glittering career and Toon have slid almost ever since he left overall with only Hughton firing them dramatically upwards really. To be fair it was Ashley who inexplicably put the bullet in Chris, most of the fans were outraged on that occasion.

25 minutes ago, Kernow said:

The open letter is funny

The Chronicle is publishing an open letter to Rafa Benitez to implore that he stays as Newcastle United manager and returns the club to the glory its fans so richly deserve.

Friday's Chronicle newspaper will publish the below open letter on the front page as we also launch this petition to keep Rafa at the Magpies' helm.

Here's our message to Rafa: 

Dear Rafa,

We speak for the region when we make this plea.

Everyone is right behind you and we're desperate for you to stay.

Please, Rafa, give us the football we deserve.

At Chelsea, some supporters simply shrugged when you won the Europa League. At Newcastle, we'd immortalise you in a statue.

So stay with us. Rescue us. Win for us and lead us back to glory!

Yours hopefully,

The Toon Army 

This petition will be delivered to:

Newcastle United

Rafa Benitez

• 2 weeks later...

They don't deserve a whole new dedicated thread so I'll just put this here.

Surreal championship season incoming. 

Archived