Signed: Bradley Johnson

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see Johnson and butter field playing Rock Paper Scissors to see who hits the thunderbolt in each match

we have been crying out for players to shoot for ages. About time we had a few long rangers, deflected shots going in with a bit of luck, keepers keeping out the initial shot and someone following up for a tap in.

Am I the only one disappointed?

i was hoping Bris was going to get banned by Daveo!

damn that click bait site!

can you or @Daveo promise right here, to commit to punish anyone, by means of 30 day ban, if they suggest we haven't, and still need to replace Will Hughes "like for like" if we don't smash teams in the coming weeks?

Something like this?

Carson

Christie Keogh Shackell Forsyth

Thorne

Butterfield      Johnson

Ince            Martin       Russell

I don't think it matters that johnson's passing isn't the best because Thorne's and Butterfield's will make up for that

Two excellent signings in terms of their ability and impact at this level, but it will come down to what the manager wants to do with them. There's been a sense that we've just bought players this summer without really thinking about how we are going to play and therefore what is expected of them.

Butterfield and Johnson are both quite different players. I'll be expecting them to have very defined roles in a settled team and formation, but given what we have seen so far this season from the manager I have my doubts.

Most of the new players were sourced before Clement arrived, and so far nobody really gives the impression they have a defined game plan, either individually or collectively. 

I hope these two are Clement's choices and he knows exactly what he wants them to do. That way we might start seeing a more settled team and some better football.

Yeah that's softened the blow a little bit, still disappointed though we've let Johnson go.

Coincidentally I was only watching this video the other day, when I was doing a bit of Youtube based research into a guy we were being linked with. It shows though what a wonderful left foot he has though, some fantastic goals. The one against Ipswich being my personal favourite (for obvious reasons)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXzR6ZmLQXk

Shouldn't have watched that again really, just made me even more disappointed we've sold him :D

Tasty 

many people, wanted us to sign a midfield battler, someone whos going to be physical and put a shift in, and that was what we are lacking, there was quite a few people wanting to sign joey barton because he fitted that ilk (also a fair few that didnt want us to sign him), after being linked with half the midfielders this side of the atlantic, we signed, butterfield, who appears to be a similiar player in style to will hughes (much needed), and johnson appears to be the midfield battler that weve been crying out for (also much needed) so we could fit a formula of:

Holding/defensive player

Ball playing midfielder Physical/box to box midfielder

How many times did you watch Norwich last season and think how much Johnson had improved over the years he's been with them. 

This IMO is the best signing of the transfer window. You know what you will get with BJ and I tell you something, he is fantastic in the air with corners etc.

My betting would be that we will score a lot of goals from set pieces into the box. 

Archived