Signed: Bradley Johnson

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Randomly, the Chris Baird parody account has been changed to Bradley Johnson. I guess Baird wasn't giving the account owner much ammunition for parody, but a weird choice nonetheless. To be honest, I'm hoping Johnson's performances are beyond mockery!

I believe so. He's got a deadly long range shot on him. Hopefully this means that we'll get those strong defensive lines to come out to close us down now. You've got two choices as a defender, back off and let Johnson score from outside the box, or chase us down and get cut apart by Butterfield's passing and the runs of our frontline.

Good point, he's good getting to the oppositions penalty area quickly as well so should be able to drag defenders out of position. 

He certainly does 'put himself about a bit' going on his disciplinary record!

2004/05 1 appearance
2005/06 28 appearances 7 yellows 1 red
2006/07 32 appearances 6 yellows
2007/08 53 appearances 5 yellows
2008/09 30 appearances 5 yellows
2009/10 47 appearances 12 yellows
2010/11 49 appearances 14 yellows 1 red
2011/12 29 appearances 2 yellows
2012/13 39 appearances 10 yellows
2013/14 36 appearances 6 yellows 1 red
2014/15 45 appearances 14 yellows 1 red
2015/16 5 appearances 1 yellow

394 appearances
82 yellows
4 reds

He certainly does 'put himself about a bit' going on his disciplinary record!

2004/05 1 appearance
2005/06 28 appearances 7 yellows 1 red
2006/07 32 appearances 6 yellows
2007/08 53 appearances 5 yellows
2008/09 30 appearances 5 yellows
2009/10 47 appearances 12 yellows
2010/11 49 appearances 14 yellows 1 red
2011/12 29 appearances 2 yellows
2012/13 39 appearances 10 yellows
2013/14 36 appearances 6 yellows 1 red
2014/15 45 appearances 14 yellows 1 red
2015/16 5 appearances 1 yellow

394 appearances
82 yellows
4 reds

Bradley Johnson is the type of player we have been desperately missing since John Eustace got injured. 

We have missed that player who gets his foot in and can play to boot, this seasons Robin Van Der Laan:ph34r:

Having spent £20 million this summer and even our biggest signings not considered good enough for lowly Prem teams... Hope Mel has enough in his candy store for lots more money if we get into the prem. 

A player who isn't afraid a shot is someone we've been crying out for, Johnson would have buried the chance Hendrick had against Leeds.

"Derby County, Derby City, Donkey County..."

He will be worth every penny, anyone who says he's overpriced should  check out the Norwich forums and you'll be surprised how highly rated he is - especially at this level.

So, Bradley Johnson then. Surprised we've got him should be a good player for us. 

My main feelings though are firstly disappointment at how patchy we've been within games, and the lack of verve in our play so far and secondly dumb astonishment at the amount of money we've spent together with concern that we're not really going to end up having drastically improved the team. 

I'm waiting hopefully to be proved wrong.

Got back of my holiday today, and who should be in the queue for passport control at EMA in front of me but Nigel Clough and family. Didn't want to intrude so I said nowt, but it didn't half make me wonder why we pissed about for all those years asking him to pull rabbits out of the hat for £400k every summer just to blow £20m in 3 months.

I know it's old news, but what would our Nigel have done with 20 SBTFs?

Bought half of Scotland?

That's the jibe that replaced NLN and it was silly. 

Where else could he have found potentially game changing Championship players for less than £500k?

When he wanted Gary Hooper before he left Ssausagehorpe for instance, no money. 

Anyway, Clement has had all the cash, now he's got to deliver. Top 2. No excuses.

That's the jibe that replaced NLN and it was silly. 

Where else could he have found potentially game changing Championship players for less than £500k?

When he wanted Gary Hooper before he left Ssausagehorpe for instance, no money. 

Anyway, Clement has had all the cash, now he's got to deliver. Top 2. No excuses.

I'll admit that was a cheap shot. In fact I'm not sure Nigel would've spent £20 Million, he wouldn't have thought it to be in the long term interests of the club. Probably would have spent the money on better scouting to get one of those lower league gems.

Archived