Signed: Bradley Johnson

North_Stand_Ram

Here's a question. He's played a lot of football as a left midfielder. Less of a touchline hugger type winger running to the byline but more of the type to come inside and be very much a midfielder. Anyone think he could have been brought in to play left wing in a 4-3-3?

I can see him on the left in a 442.

Butty & Thorne in centre. Ince on right. Fozzy overlaps so he will tuck in abit.

Then Weimann/Bent or JR up front with Martin.

Think Weimann/Martin would be good.

We can do 442 now with these signings!

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanson is more of a CDM than a CM, so technically we've got Thorne, Baird and Hanson for CDM. And if push comes to shove Shotton and Warnock have both played there before.

OMG warnock never actually played football in CDM position. He was just on the team sheet that dreadful day

I can see him on the left in a 442.

Butty & Thorne in centre. Ince on right. Fozzy overlaps so he will tuck in abit.

Then Weimann/Bent or JR up front with Martin.

Think Weimann/Martin would be good.

We can do 442 now with these signings!

Ince on the right wouldn't be all that good, think he'd get stuck in midfield. And I think Thorne is more effective at the back of a 3 man midfield than a two-man midfield. If we played him on the left side of a diamond 4-4-2, he could give us width and tuck inside whenever the need strikes. Perhaps with Ince at the tip of the diamond as well, it means he's free to become a temporary right winger and Johnson can cut inside to fill in and play off the strikers.

Hey guys, Norwich fan here, thought I'd give you a quick insight into Bradley Johnson.

Firstly I'm gutted we've let him go. Since we've been promoted he hasn't really featured purely because we've been playing well and the midfield we have at the moment gives us a great balance, and has been performing really well. However that doesn't mean he wouldn't have had a role to play. 

You won't find a single Norwich fan that doesn't like Johnson. Our POTS last season, and rightly so. 15 goals from midfield is fantastic, and in general his level of performance was very good. Main reason why everyone at Norwich loves him though is because he's a fantastic lad. Comes across as really nice, and someone who would give everything for the club he plays for, which is what he did whilst he was here. His work-rate is excellent and I have no doubts he'll be a superb signing for you.

Reason he hasn't featured much for us is because the technical side of his game isn't great. His passing is quite dodgy as is his tackling and dribbling. However if he gets it on his left foot within shooting distance you can expect an absolute rocket of a shot, and half of the time they end up in the net. He's also very good in the air, and very strong. I don't know where you plan on playing him, but his best position is out on the left hand side with freedom to come inside.

Really hope he does well for you guys. With the squad you've got you should ease to promotion. Wish you all the best of luck for this season, and hope Bradley can play a big part in that :)

Hey guys, Norwich fan here, thought I'd give you a quick insight into Bradley Johnson.

Firstly I'm gutted we've let him go. Since we've been promoted he hasn't really featured purely because we've been playing well and the midfield we have at the moment gives us a great balance, and has been performing really well. However that doesn't mean he wouldn't have had a role to play. 

You won't find a single Norwich fan that doesn't like Johnson. Our POTS last season, and rightly so. 15 goals from midfield is fantastic, and in general his level of performance was very good. Main reason why everyone at Norwich loves him though is because he's a fantastic lad. Comes across as really nice, and someone who would give everything for the club he plays for, which is what he did whilst he was here. His work-rate is excellent and I have no doubts he'll be a superb signing for you.

Reason he hasn't featured much for us is because the technical side of his game isn't great. His passing is quite dodgy as is his tackling and dribbling. However if he gets it on his left foot within shooting distance you can expect an absolute rocket of a shot, and half of the time they end up in the net. He's also very good in the air, and very strong. I don't know where you plan on playing him, but his best position is out on the left hand side with freedom to come inside.

Really hope he does well for you guys. With the squad you've got you should ease to promotion. Wish you all the best of luck for this season, and hope Bradley can play a big part in that :)

Thanks very much. Hope next year there will be derby vs Norwich(in the premier obviously!!!)

What would you reckon to him playing central midfield in a 4-3-3? Considering what you say about his passing as well and we're something of a passing possession team?

Wish you the best of luck too, enjoying watching you do quite well on MOTD, and you gave me a good giggle beating Boro in the playoff final last year. They didn't deserve to go up with those kind of cynical tactics.

That is a serious outlay of cash! Can't deny they are very good players who will improve the team. Didn't think we'd have any sniff of getting BJ who is an all-round, really solid player of a type we've probably been missing. Cannot argue they haven't backed the manager...other managers who are out of work will be salivating at that squad. Good luck to PC, needs to get climbing that table soon.

Great post and wish your lot all the best in the Premier League. Also tell Andre Wisdom that DCFC fans still love him!!!

What would you reckon to him playing central midfield in a 4-3-3? Considering what you say about his passing as well and we're something of a passing possession team?

Wish you the best of luck too, enjoying watching you do quite well on MOTD, and you gave me a good giggle beating Boro in the playoff final last year. They didn't deserve to go up with those kind of cynical tactics.

Central midfield wouldn't get the best out of him really, however he could still be very useful there. If you give him licence to go forward then it could definitely work. As I said though his passing isn't particularly good, which is the main reason why he hasn't started since the opening day for us, and players like Howson and Dorrans, who weren't as good overall as him last season, are in ahead of him. 

His long passing isn't actually too bad. He occasionally plays an absolute blinder of a 50 yard pass, however his 10/15 yard passing is generally poor. His favourite thing for us last season was come inside off the left and then chip the ball over the top towards Olsson on the left, who would always make a run from full-back in behind the opposition defence. If you've got full backs who like to get forward then that'll be another advantage for you with Johnson in the team, as he's very good at finding them.

And yeah cheers. With the exception of last week at Southampton we've made an impressive start, just hoping we can build on that now.

Archived