Signed: Bradley Johnson

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously happy with today's business. Like many others when I first saw the Johnson link I thought it so unlikely as to instantly dismiss it, especially after our protracted, well publicised and expensive pursuit of Butterfield. 

I thought the major news of the day was going to be Butterfield and possibly a loan on the side. Would have quite liked Williams and been happy if that was to be the case. 

The club have, however, exceeded all expectations in concluding the Johnson deal seemingly out of nowhere. I had absolutely no inkling that this was even a possibility until after Butterfield had been concluded.

Well done to Sam, Mel and Chris. Can't remember ever being so shocked and delighted come the conclusion of deadline day! 

Hats off! 

Was it Johnson who cracked the ball off the bar in the PO final before Vossen did it up the other end? 

I believe so. He's got a deadly long range shot on him. Hopefully this means that we'll get those strong defensive lines to come out to close us down now. You've got two choices as a defender, back off and let Johnson score from outside the box, or chase us down and get cut apart by Butterfield's passing and the runs of our frontline.

But with our luck following Thorne then Hughes I can see the headlines before the Preston game -

BJ and JB in accidental training ground incident - both out for 6 months !!   :(

That reminds me of something I had on football manager. Training ground collision between my star striker and Jake Buxton. Striker had a groin strain, Bucko had a bruised toe. Must have been one hell of a kick in the bollux to do that kind of damage.

Johnson is strong as a bull and can mix it with any midfielders that are playing the rough stuff. Exactly what we need.  Butterfield is a man who can do good work if he is given a bit of room to work with. Big question - How badly is Thorne injured?

Just like to point out that Mel Morris saw my my 'Rampage's Fantasy £20 million to spend on the Squad' thread and has indeed spent £20 million. What a guy!

Hi guys 

Norwich fan here, you have got yourself a cracking player he has improved so much in the last 2 seasons. Really gutted he has been sold, i guess AN just cant find a place for him.   I hope he does as well for you as he did for us he will run through brick walls for you and has a tasty shot on him too.   I wish him well and with our other ex players in martin and butterworth i think you will have a great chance of promotion, you will probably pass us on the way up. Good luck guys.

Archived