Victor Anichebe

DcFc Dyycheee

Not impressed. would prefer Bong Bong from Forest if fit. How is it that Wolves can find large,quick,athletic strikers like Sako, Dicko etc and we can't?

I'd love one of there strike partners like dicko/Afobe proven quality at this level this season , maybe someone like nahki wells too 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bennett needs to go out on loan for his development. 

Calero is a speedy winger type player but not a CF .

Kawame Thomas is out on loan for the season already but needs to develop his game. 

Victor Is a proven big bustling CF goalscorer who if he stays fit would be a perfect fit for DCFC 

Point being with Martin and Bent as well Victor could be used as and when . 

PS Is there any foundation to this report that we are in for him  

Point taken.  It's the 'if he stays fit' part that worries me, and when he is fit where does he fit in?  It seems alot of money for a luxury bench warmer. Having Calero in and around the match day squad more would be preferable to me, and dip in to the loan market if injuries hit us in the striking department over the season.

How do you come to that conclusion?

What conclusion? It's my opinion of course. I wouldn't pay 3 million for him but I'd rather have him on our side than facing him as an opponent. As someone mentioned before we saw how much trouble Heskey gave us and Anichebe is in the same mold.

Whereas decimals are base 10, hexadecimals are base 16.

In decimal, you count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

In hexadecimal, you count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 10

Binary is base 2, so counting is 1 10 11 100 101 110 111 1000

Computer storage is measured (at the lowest level) in bits, then groups of 8 bits, known as bytes. Us oldies will look at groups of 4 bits -we called those 'nibbles'. Anyway, the biggest number that can be held in a nibble is 1111. Now looking as the binary 'counting' row above, the biggest value that can be held in a nibble is 1111. Its decimal equivalent (from right to left) is 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 15. Count 15 digits along the hexadecimal row and the 15th digit is F.

Similarly, if you had a second nibble containing 1111, this could also be represented in hexadecimal as F, so binary 11111111 could be written as 'FF' in hex, or 255 in decimal.

Interesting that! Thanks for taking the time. Cheers, eddie. 

Whereas decimals are base 10, hexadecimals are base 16.

In decimal, you count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

In hexadecimal, you count 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F 10

Binary is base 2, so counting is 1 10 11 100 101 110 111 1000

Computer storage is measured (at the lowest level) in bits, then groups of 8 bits, known as bytes. Us oldies will look at groups of 4 bits -we called those 'nibbles'. Anyway, the biggest number that can be held in a nibble is 1111. Now looking as the binary 'counting' row above, the biggest value that can be held in a nibble is 1111. Its decimal equivalent (from right to left) is 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 15. Count 15 digits along the hexadecimal row and the 15th digit is F.

Similarly, if you had a second nibble containing 1111, this could also be represented in hexadecimal as F, so binary 11111111 could be written as 'FF' in hex, or 255 in decimal.

Aint it 0-9 and 0-F?

I'm going to stick my neck firmly on the block here. I think he would be a fantastic signing at this level.

he has power, strength, aggression, athleticism and bravery. Everything I want in a striker to take the pressure off Martin and fit in the existing style of play with players buzzing in an around a focal point striker who is good with his back to goal.

players who haven't banged in goals in the premiership have stepped down a level and looked real handfuls. Cameron jerome last season is a prime example of this.

ever since we had kuqi on loan we have needed a big strong hold up player who can play with his back to goal and bring others into play and cause problems. How much did heskey change the game and cause problems when he came on for Bolton?

i will say this. I would rather have him in our team or our bench then any other opposition team we will face this season. He is the type of play who always causes us problems every single season. If he signs I for one think it is a good bit of business.

Cameron Jerome was the one who instantly sprung to mind for me with this one...

Just a higher paid over rated more injury prone version of Connor Sammon 

i'd have the fish back!!

this shows you know as much about football as fawAz does about running a football club 

for £3 million Jezza will give him a piggyback from the hawthorns to whatever your ground is called this season.

Has all the attributes to be a top player, unfortunately his main "attribute" is a heart the size of a pea. First sign off things getting tough he'll start holding his groin and look to the bench asking to be taken off.

Would love him to be out of our club, but you all seem a decent bunch so my advice is steer well clear of him.

this is the most telling comment for me. Given this, what use would he be as an "impact sub" to turn the tide of battle? we're not going to have the luxury of giving him a deal where we will only bring him on once we're 3-0 up for him to showboat.

And one thing you can be sure of in a championship season will be a number of battles and some tough times.

Bent's a fox in the box player, he doesn't offer a lot especially because his pace has gone. If you need a poacher who will bag you goals, Bent's your man but Anichebe is more complete imo

I see where you're coming from if we are looking to have back up for martin - but I would suggest that all of the evidence points to Bent being a better player.

(I'm not sure his pace has gone either.)

As you say £3 mil feels like a lot of money for someone who has a very poor injury record.

(he did look like he was going to be a really good player when he was younger)

btw Did he come on as a sub when we played Everton at home in that season in the PL?

Way i see it - we're struggling with our output in the final third, we have 2 options, 1 is to go after an 'unlocker' the man with the creative pass to open the door, or we get someone direct in, who is going to shift the play from benign to threatening quickly.

Doing neither is not an option as, in my opinion, we wont score enough goals - already starting to become apparent, you would expect / hope to score more than we have, when averaging >60% of the ball.

Archived