Victor Anichebe

DcFc Dyycheee

It's hard to get shots on target from the gym 

Being called a poor Danny Graham is just nasty. We're talking a player who time shares legs with Leon Clarke.

Anichebe is more like Steve Davies in his early Derby career. Very similar players.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup what I was thinking, some are more difficult than others to convert between. 

Yes, and of course it depends what you are used to. As an old mainframe guru , I cut my teeth on hexadecimal and EBCDIC in the 1970's. 

Yes, and of course it depends what you are used to. As an old mainframe guru , I cut my teeth on hexadecimal and EBCDIC in the 1970's. 

Professor: "So the American government went to IBM to come up with an encryption standard, and they came up with—"
Student: "EBCDIC!"

Professor: "So the American government went to IBM to come up with an encryption standard, and they came up with—"Student: "EBCDIC!"

Did you know that gag beforehand, or did you look up 'EBCDIC' on Wiki?

I must confess that I could never understand IBM's determination to come up with their own mainframe encoding (note: 'encoding', NOT 'encryption') standard when ASCII had already been agreed upon by ICL, Honeywell and a number of other computer manufacturers, but there you go.

ICL's VME used EBCDIC, be it a slight variation on IBM's version.

Was looking forward to visiting a now working 2900 at the computer museum before going on to watch the Derby match in the afternoon, only to have my plans scuppered by Sky.

When I read that a machine I worked with is in a museum, perhaps it's time I thought about retiring.

Is there an IBM System 360 there as well?

Not great at hex, messing around with binary to decimal and vice versa is fine. Binary maths is also fun.

Did you know that gag beforehand, or did you look up 'EBCDIC' on Wiki?

I must confess that I could never understand IBM's determination to come up with their own mainframe encoding (note: 'encoding', NOT 'encryption') standard when ASCII had already been agreed upon by ICL, Honeywell and a number of other computer manufacturers, but there you go.

I knew the essence of the jokes made about it, it was a long time ago, so a little help was required.  IBM - idiots built me

When I see IBM I wonder if I should be looking to hide under a table or something ?

We used to have a cartoon in the office - it pictured a group of programmers looking at a huge hole in the floor. The caption simply read "I see the printer's gone down again"

Archived