Victor Anichebe

DcFc Dyycheee

All a question of perspective isn't it?

If the club want to splash the cash and really try to GAMBLE to get up this year then ( like  Barton), Anichebe has played 'regularly' at a higher level and could come and be a real handful and prove pretty awesome at this level. Risk is that if he doesn't cut it, then he will be on big wages and a possible albatross no-one else wants. 

If the aim is to be more steady and long term, building a team of more unknown, lower tier players, who may get us up but not necessarily this year, then someone who has sat on the fringes of a team picking up wages for not doing v.much for years is not a good fit.

Personally Bent and Anichebe both potentially sat on the bench for long periods seems a bit strange so not sure they would both stay a full season in that situation.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All about risk. We aren't at a stage where we can do that, and wait and see if they can play at this level.

Comparable risk with old Vic if you ask me. Financial risk is high along with risk of him not being engaged, lower league player would carry risk you mention but would have smaller financial risk and would surely be less likely to disinterested.

Also, if the lower league player turns out to be good we would stand to make a profit on any subsequent sale, do not see that happening with Victor.

Comparable risk with old Vic if you ask me. Financial risk is high along with risk of him not being engaged, lower league player would carry risk you mention but would have smaller financial risk and would surely be less likely to disinterested.

But equally more likely to not be good enough at a time where you need it most.

For every Jamie Vardy there's a Liam Dickinson.

There are so many options abroad that are packed with talent many teams are making great bargains abroad but we always seem to sign common players from England all the time , to name a few Jonathan kodjia signed for Bristol City who is absolutely quality , kike at Middlesbrough , even forest trying there luck with Michael Frey who they turned away from in the end , really think championship teams pass us by in the striker department with the amount of foreign quality they have , whilst we have darrent bent and Chris Martin 

There are so many options abroad that are packed with talent many teams are making great bargains abroad but we always seem to sign common players from England all the time , to name a few Jonathan kodjia signed for Bristol City who is absolutely quality , kike at Middlesbrough , even forest trying there luck with Michael Frey who they turned away from in the end , really think championship teams pass us by in the striker department with the amount of foreign quality they have , whilst we have darrent bent and Chris Martin 

We have signed several players from abroad in the last couple of years - some of whom are now knocking on the door of the first team.

But you say that like Kike was free

He is better than Bent and offers us something that we don't have, yes please sign him up

Imo he offers a lot more than Bent does in terms of hold up play

If you think hold up play is more important than goals, then your understanding of football is all wrong. He is not better than Bent at anything important in the game.

If you think hold up play is more important than goals, then your understanding of football is all wrong. He is not better than Bent at anything important in the game.

That's a little shallow of an opinion. By that token, Bent must be the best player in our whole squad.

That's a little shallow of an opinion. By that token, Bent must be the best player in our whole squad.

not even close, there are parts of the game that are important, but done by defenders, or goalkeepers for example, for which I would say there are plenty that are better than Bent at performing said duties. Please do not misrepresent my comments, if you are struggling to understand them, ask me to explain.

He didn't say that.

When you play one up front hold up play is important. 

not even close, there are parts of the game that are important, but done by defenders, or goalkeepers for example, for which I would say there are plenty that are better than Bent at performing said duties. Please do not misrepresent my comments, if you are struggling to understand them, ask me to explain.

Still doesn't make sense, because as we should all know by now, goals aren't everything in a striker's game. Look at how poor we are and were without Chris Martin. We didn't struggle to score, but we couldn't keep possession in dangerous areas which resulted in far more chances for the opposition, and consequently, worse results.

We have signed several players from abroad in the last couple of years - some of whom are now knocking on the door of the first team.

I can't think of anyone apart from youngsters like ssewankambo calero etc? Obviously we had albentosa, which re-iterates my point that we don't go for foreign quality proven players?

He didn't say that.

When you play one up front hold up play is important. 

simple question, would you rather have a bloke who holds the ball up 10 times during a game or a bloke who never holds it up but hits the back of the net 20+ times a season?

Archived