Victor Anichebe

DcFc Dyycheee

Still doesn't make sense, because as we should all know by now, goals aren't everything in a striker's game. Look at how poor we are and were without Chris Martin. We didn't struggle to score, but we couldn't keep possession in dangerous areas which resulted in far more chances for the opposition, and consequently, worse results.

if you think that, then frankly you didn't watch the games properly.

Martin's absence isn't the reason Grant flapped a few into his own net. Martin's absence isn't the reason every Shotton, Christie or Keogh clearance starting dropping to the opponent who went on to score.

Make your mind up. Was it McClaren's fault for having his head on the Newcastle job? or was it Martin's absence?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately from WBA's point of view, I'm hearing reports of a bid from Derby are wide of the mark

Don't say that - the fans who follow every word according to the gospel according to St Nixon will have to look for another idol.

Getting a tad frustrated at DCFC regarding the capture of a creative midfielder and a reliable striker to bolster the squad.

I'm sure the 'irons in the fire' all have their merits and that as 'deadline day' looms, things may develop.

To date, we've been attractive but not ruthless, competent but not clinical - especially in the 'final third' with ball delivery and shooting ability.

We need to win games we're dominating possession in, and get more points on the board.

90+ points for May still looks a very long way away!

if you think that, then frankly you didn't watch the games properly.

Martin's absence isn't the reason Grant flapped a few into his own net. Martin's absence isn't the reason every Shotton, Christie or Keogh clearance starting dropping to the opponent who went on to score.

Make your mind up. Was it McClaren's fault for having his head on the Newcastle job? or was it Martin's absence?

I have never blamed McClaren, so I don't see how I need to "make my mind up".

But to say a striker is not as good who does a hell of a lot for the team in work rate, link up play and all the rest of it, but doesn't quite score as many goals is very flippant.

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking if Bent's name isn't in the goal scorers' column, then you're often left wondering did he even play.

At present, the Rams' players are pretty lousy at getting the ball to Darren, though.

As with when Chris was injured, we still seem singularly incapable of slipping the ball quickly between the defenders he is perched near - he has usually done the business when that's finally happened!

IMHO his strike rate last season was phenomenal for the time he spent in possession. 

Just to add to my previous point, I'm not even saying I do or don't rate Anichebe or Bent, it's just the point between types of players.

FWIW, I thought Bent had one of his best "all round" games against Birmingham and didn't actually score. Won as many knock-ons as I have seen and got involved much more. Probably should have scored through, at least once.

Harsh! ...Graham is Sammon-esque in a Sunderland shirt. Be glad when window closes though. Genuinely was v.excited by Ince, Weimann and Shackell signings, whilst Carson, Baird, Bent, Pearce all seemed pretty solid signings too. Anichebe, Butterfield at 4m, and these various other 'linked' players just not really doing it for me... Really wouldn't mind if we signed no-one and got two in in loan.

Nixon says Anichebe isn't keen to come and sit on the bench. Butros (probably equally as reliable) says reports of a bid are wide of the mark. If we accept 2 + 2 = 5 for a moment, maybe what it means is that Anichebe's agent is trying to stir things up for a move and using us (as a club wanting to spend) to attempt to drum up some interest?

Nixon says this, Nixon says that - he's a new-age sky pixie; which I suppose makes some on here the football equivalent of god-botherers.

All we need is one or two holding up "Repent, for the end (of the transfer window) is nigh" signs.

Nixon says Anichebe isn't keen to come and sit on the bench. Butros (probably equally as reliable) says reports of a bid are wide of the mark. If we accept 2 + 2 = 5 for a moment, maybe what it means is that Anichebe's agent is trying to stir things up for a move and using us (as a club wanting to spend) to attempt to drum up some interest?

makes sense from the agent and players POV

Archived