Victor Anichebe

DcFc Dyycheee

I'm going to stick my neck firmly on the block here. I think he would be a fantastic signing at this level.

he has power, strength, aggression, athleticism and bravery. Everything I want in a striker to take the pressure off Martin and fit in the existing style of play with players buzzing in an around a focal point striker who is good with his back to goal.

players who haven't banged in goals in the premiership have stepped down a level and looked real handfuls. Cameron jerome last season is a prime example of this.

ever since we had kuqi on loan we have needed a big strong hold up player who can play with his back to goal and bring others into play and cause problems. How much did heskey change the game and cause problems when he came on for Bolton?

i will say this. I would rather have him in our team or our bench then any other opposition team we will face this season. He is the type of play who always causes us problems every single season. If he signs I for one think it is a good bit of business.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My West Brom mate rates him. He's really strong and has enough pace about him. Could, in theory, really improve his scoring record in this league. £3m sounds a little steep though for someone who won't automatically start. 

To be honest he would be a very good replacement for Martin BUT he would only play when Martin doesn't.

So to spend £3mil and get a player to drop down a league to not make many appearances at all may be a bit wasteful.

Just a higher paid over rated more injury prone version of Connor Sammon 

i'd have the fish back!!

do you really believe a player who has never played at a lower level than the premiership for the entirety of his career, as well as scoring goals in the Europa league for everton is comparable, if not worse as you say, to Connor Sammon?

To be honest he would be a very good replacement for Martin BUT he would only play when Martin doesn't.

So to spend £3mil and get a player to drop down a league to not make many appearances at all may be a bit wasteful.

If Martin and Bent are played in the same team were left with no impact strikers on the bench I think he'd get game time, 3 millions risky for a player with a poor scoring record could go either way if it happens. 

I'm going to stick my neck firmly on the block here. I think he would be a fantastic signing at this level.

he has power, strength, aggression, athleticism and bravery. Everything I want in a striker to take the pressure off Martin and fit in the existing style of play with players buzzing in an around a focal point striker who is good with his back to goal.

players who haven't banged in goals in the premiership have stepped down a level and looked real handfuls. Cameron jerome last season is a prime example of this.

ever since we had kuqi on loan we have needed a big strong hold up player who can play with his back to goal and bring others into play and cause problems. How much did heskey change the game and cause problems when he came on for Bolton?

i will say this. I would rather have him in our team or our bench then any other opposition team we will face this season. He is the type of play who always causes us problems every single season. If he signs I for one think it is a good bit of business.

This all sounds very similar to when Kevin Campbell (also ex Everton) joined the Gumps and he tore this division apart.  

I would take him from WBA quite happily. 

With all the facilities and investment at Moor Farm i'm sure we'd be too professional and thorough to sign a crock.

Looked a prospect as a youngster at Everton but has started fewer games than Will Hughes so a bit of a gamble at £3m.

And apart from fish puns based on Anichebe sounding very slightly like Anchovy, it seems a pun desert although older members may find his first name rather comic.

I always thought he was a cracking player when I have seen him play.  People who question the 3m should remember last season, and how much we lost as the result of not having a back up for Chris Martin.  These type of players are rare, and could be the best 3M spent....if true of course :-)

Archived