Derby County v Charlton Athletic

Mafiabob

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried reading their Vital Football preview and the English is pretty incredible...

Charlton take on Derby in our first away game of the season.

So finally the first away game of the season looms upon us and it will be tough one as we visit Championship favourite Derby County at the iPro Stadium.

Last time we came across Derby was an away fixture with us losing 2-0 to the Rams one game that we will quickly try to erase from our memories as we once again visit Derby on their home soil, negative thoughts like that are not what you want to come to the iPro Stadium with as it is defiantly one of the hardest places to go in this league.

Team news on our side don't look good for us as many good players on our side are either doubtful or injured for this as star striker Tony Watt picked up a knock in the game against Dagenham in midweek so he is doubtful whilst number one keeper Stephen Henderson and last season's top scorer Igor Vetokele is still out with injuries.

At the pre-match press conference on Thursday Charlton head coach Guy Luzon delivered like he was comfortable with the ammunition he has to take Derby down a peg or two after they was beaten by League Two side Portsmouth in the Capital One Cup at Fratton Park.

Luzon was speaking with the clubs official website and he had this to say.

"Derby are one of the best teams in the league, but we always have a lot of confidence and quality to get the three points," said Luzon as he confirms the confidence he has in his team.

"I know they are a club that have played in the Premier League but that is not important for us, we are focused on our players.

"I always have confidence for my players and my team, and my expectation is to come away with three points."

Luzon was also questioned about Reza Ghoochannejhad this is what he told the club website about him.

"Every player who is still in our squad has quality to take part in games this season.

"He (Ghoochannejhad) is a top professional who always trains well. I expect more for every player in the squad and we need to play to a high standard every week."

After News Shopper brought up Portsmouth's win against Derby Luzon said he sees no significance to it and he will treat the next game like it's any other he also told News Shopper this.

"I can say the cup game will not have influence on the league because the cup and the league is a different story.

"I have expectations for these games - it is from my players and not the opponent."

What do you think of Luzon's thought on the Derby encounter? Will we win, draw or lose? Post your opinions in the comments section below. Enjoy!

Read more: http://www.charlton.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=409353#ixzz3inptgGdf

Tried reading their Vital Football preview and the English is pretty incredible...

Charlton take on Derby in our first away game of the season.

So finally the first away game of the season looms upon us and it will be tough one as we visit Championship favourite Derby County at the iPro Stadium.

Last time we came across Derby was an away fixture with us losing 2-0 to the Rams one game that we will quickly try to erase from our memories as we once again visit Derby on their home soil, negative thoughts like that are not what you want to come to the iPro Stadium with as it is defiantly one of the hardest places to go in this league.

My number one pet hate, I choose where to avoid staying on TripAdvisor based on the number who defiantly recommend the hotel!

"I know they are a club that have played in the Premier League but that is not important for us, we are focused on our players."

Huh? How's that relevant? 

Another club that has played in the Premier League is.. er... Charlton 

"I know they are a club that have played in the Premier League but that is not important for us, we are focused on our players."

Huh? How's that relevant? 

Another club that has played in the Premier League is.. er... Charlton 

He must mean that we have Premier league players, otherwise that would one of the more stupid things I have heard a manager say. 

Would be good to hear a little support for Will tomorrow, rather than singing about Collymore. 

I had it in my head that that happened in 2002 but it was actually 2000

Is 14 years really too late to make a song about it and then sing it for a year, I ask you? 

I was thinking we could start chanting "Carbonari, Carbonari, ole ole ole"?

No?

I doubt he'll go with two defensive midfielders at home. He may go with a 433 but looking how we played that during pre-season, I think the wingers will have more freedom to play narrower than they did last season. 

However I think he'll go with the diamond again. Maybe seen as persistent or stubbornness. 

Carson

Baird

Keogh

Shackell

Forsyth

Thorne

Hendrick

Dawkins

Ince

Martin

Weimann

Prediction 3-0. Martin, Weimann, Martin. 

Our once much vaunted midfield is no more,at the moment.We need to replace

Hughes urgently,maybe the manager has contacts in Spain,and get us a gifted

ball-player.Also a mobile end-to-end m idfield dynamo would be useful.Hendrick

seems to be out of form and short on confidence atm.With the obvious problems

in midfield 4-3-3 is out of the question,we will be overrun,swamped in fact.Until

we improve it has to be 4-4-2,Against the top teams even 4-5-1.Things will improve

with additions,but in the meantime we have to keep it tight and keep in touch with

the top 6.

Don't think the urgency is in bringing in any more players,we had a. Good enough squad last season to go up and it's certainly been strengthened for this coming season.Surely more important to get the team playing as a unit and to our strengths than looking for some one to fill a gap.Clemants came in as a supposedly capable coach who should be able to jell the team get them playing at their best and be able to adapt to new ideas,formation sect .Isnt that why we brought him in?Now if the oppurtutinity to bring a valued player in to the squad arises either a loan or perm buy ,great but buying for buying sake isn't going to jell the squad ,let's get them playing to their strength with confidence attractive offensive football and let the opposition worry about how they will stop us from scoring.Def need to pick up the pace play more passing football from the back and with are current defence choose a settled back four week in week out and let them deal with what gets thrown at them.Shacks ,Keogh and Carson have the experience and ability to organise the back and offer a tight organised unit .

Carson

Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Warnock

Hanson

Thorne, Dawkins

Ince, Martin, Weimann

Will be a difficult game to watch I think, especially with all those feckin flags being waved about. Don't really care how we play, or the score, as long as we win.

Carson

Baird, Keogh, Shackell, Warnock

Hanson

Thorne, Dawkins

Ince, Martin, Weimann

Will be a difficult game to watch I think, especially with all those feckin flags being waved about. Don't really care how we play, or the score, as long as we win.

I like that team mate but it's hard on Russell .

Russell  for Dawkins for me with Ince behind the front 2 and Hendrick for Hanson 

Archived