Derby County v Charlton Athletic

Mafiabob

I'm not Hendrick's biggest fan, but he is useful against sides that sit back and play for a draw because of his long-range shooting. Although I'd prefer Dawks, a midfield 3 of him, Thorne and Hanson would compliment each other very well imo. Ince playing out wide is fantastic, he looks so much more dangerous when he can cut inside and gets a bit more space. He and Baird should fit well together on the right because Baird is much better defensively than Christie and Shotton were last season.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be surprised to see George pushed on one.

I was in a minority of one and didn't think he was as good as he was cracked up to be.

I was clearly wrong.

The lad has so much time on the ball it's unreal, his passing is good enough and I think he's got it in him to dominate and control the game from the centre of midfield.

Maybe Jamie Hanson will sit and that'll allow Jeff and George to use their energy and power pushing on.

I can't see anything other than a comfortable 2-0 today.

Hacked off Dawkins isn't played yet again in a midfield three.

Good luck to Hanson though, a great opportunity to nail down a regular spot.

I know you like him Bris and I know there are a couple of you who feel the same way.

Dawks is nothing more than neat and tidy. He does look after the ball well but if he's in there as one of a 3 he doesn't do enough. I' m always left feeling he's done ok but could have done more.

I think it's time you recognised you've backed the wrong horse with him mate.

He's NEVER been able to convince his managers he deserves a long stint in the side.

Hacked off Dawkins isn't played yet again in a midfield three.

Good luck to Hanson though, a great opportunity to nail down a regular spot.

get it into your head , Dawkins will never play in a midfield 3 , when every one is fit he won't make the bench 

I know you like him Bris and I know there are a couple of you who feel the same way.

Dawks is nothing more than neat and tidy. He does look after the ball well but if he's in there as one of a 3 he doesn't do enough. I' m always left feeling he's done ok but could have done more.

I think it's time you recognised you've backed the wrong horse with him mate.

He's NEVER been able to convince his managers he deserves a long stint in the side.

But what do you expect of him? What does Will Hughes do in the middle? He doesn't score, he doesn't assist, he doesn't tackle etc...

People need to realise what Dawkins is and what he can offer the team. He's neat and tidy, means he can keep possession, create space for his teammates and get our front players on the ball.

He's a far better receiver and giver of the ball than Bryson, Hendrick and Hanson. What does Hendrick do? 

But what do you expect of him? What does Will Hughes do in the middle? He doesn't score, he doesn't assist, he doesn't tackle etc...

People need to realise what Dawkins is and what he can offer the team. He's neat and tidy, means he can keep possession, create space for his teammates and get our front players on the ball.

He's a far better receiver and giver of the ball than Bryson, Hendrick and Hanson. What does Hendrick do? 

Bris mate, it doesn't matter what I expect of him, it doesn't matter what you expect of him either. He''s not been viewed as good enough by ANY of his managers and even though I know you fancy yourself as a great judge,  you're spotting something that isn't there.

He's not a ball carrier, he's not a dribbler, he's not got the vision of Hughes or the driving forward power of Hendrick at his best, he doesn't make the runs of Bryson, he's not a box to box midfielder like Bryson and he's not got the goals that either Bryson or Hendrick have in them.

He is what he is, VERY decent back up a neat and tidy player who gives and goes and he's someone you can trust with the ball at his feet but he is not and I don't think he ever will be someone who takes the game by the scruff of the neck and win it for his team.

Archived