Derby County v Charlton Athletic

Mafiabob

I'd still like us to try the 4-2-3-1 formation, but without an enforcer like Thorne then our midfield can get overrun like it was last night, I'd also prefer we used Ince on the wing rather than playing through the middle:

Carson

Baird  Keogh    Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne       Hanson     

Ince            Dawkins         Russell

Martin

Alternatively we could also go back to the 4-3-3 that does play to a lot of our players strengths, especially the full backs and Martin:                                          

Carson

Baird  Keogh    Shackell   Forsyth

Thorne

Dawkins                Hendrick

Ince                                     Russell   

Martin  

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Baird                   Keogh                                    Shackell                    Forsyth

Thorne

Hendrick                                   Dawkins

Ince                                                                                                    Russell

Martin

Evening all, 

Shocking record at PP for us. if anyone is interested in our preview from a Charlton perspective, the link below is what I knocked up this afternoon

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68690/derby-v-charlton-sat-15-aug-3pm-kick-off-match-preview-predictions-news-views/p1

And no, we don't get any money for people clicking on the link (lucky ol Bris Vegas, great gig that!)

All the best

AFKA

With ourWhats HITC sport? I didn't know the Beano had a football page.The writer wants

us to play some sort of 4-3-3 I assume.Most of it is gibberish,however as I have

already said earlier,4-3-3 would result in us getting outnumbered and outplayed

in midfield unless and until we strengthen it.With our present squad 4-4-2 is our

best bet,with 4-5-1 an alternative against the stronger teams

I get paid based on the amount of viewers per article yes. I'm quite happy to copy and paste stuff over to avoid people having to open a new page, but in this case it includes a picture which I had to embed, and the last time I tried that on here it didn't work.

As part of a new feature, I'm going to do a simialr piece for all of our league games this season.

Charlton have started off the season pretty well and they finished last season strongly too. I don't think this will be an easy game at all.

you could save the picture on your desktop and add it as an attachment. Or copy it to your clipboard and paste it into the post.

Evening all, 

Shocking record at PP for us. if anyone is interested in our preview from a Charlton perspective, the link below is what I knocked up this afternoon

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/68690/derby-v-charlton-sat-15-aug-3pm-kick-off-match-preview-predictions-news-views/p1

And no, we don't get any money for people clicking on the link (lucky ol Bris Vegas, great gig that!)

All the best

AFKA

great preview mate, really enjoyed it, you seem to have nailed us more than a lot of fans on here!

I'm not sure what formation I even want to see - I don't even think it matters too much, either. 

Carson

Baird                        Keogh                              Shackell                   Forsyth

Thorne                                                        Hendrick

Ince                                             Weimann                                         Russell

Martin

We'll see. I genuinely have no idea what to expect. I just hope Keogh gets on the ball quite a bit as it will stop us from aiming for the sky. 

Cheers Vulcan, not going tomorrow but have had some good away trips to Derby over the years at BG and PP.

You'll be hoping our managers comments that Watt might not be fit are true, he is in serious game changing mood at the moment.

WE ARE DERBY e-mail is good.

Here's your guide to what’s happening in-and-around the iPro Stadium for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship fixture against Charlton Athletic.

Match Tickets

Tickets for the game will be on sale right up until kick-off. Match tickets for Derby County fans are on sale from 9am on Saturday morning at Unite the Union Ticket Office, all the way through to 3pm when the game gets underway.

Ticket Collections

Matchday ticket collections can be made from the Ticket Collection area located at the back of the North Stand next to Starbucks from 1pm.

North Stand Family Area

The Smith Partnership Family Area is located in the North East Corner of the iPro Stadium and has a number children’s activities available throughout the day. There will be a Sweet Cart available for youngsters to enjoy some pre-match treats; while there will also be face painting plus Colouring & Guess The Score competitions - with match tickets up for grabs as a prize!

Away Fans

Charlton Athletic are expected to bring a following of around 800 supporters to the iPro Stadium. Their supporters can pay on the day with tickets available on arrival at the stadium.

Fans Park

The Derby County Fans Park, located next to the Clough/Taylor Statue, will be open from 1.30pm- with alcoholic beverages and food available to supporters in the lead-up to kick-off, with music provided by a DJ.

Charity Collection

Saturday’s charity collection at the iPro Stadium is in aid of Children First Derby, who are a Derby based charity working with children and families to make a positive impact in their lives and in the local community. They provide Supervised Contact, Family Support and Mentoring services and have been in operation since 1974.

Derby County Community Trust Activities

Derby County Community Trust coaches will be running a basketball free throw challenge outside the iPro Stadium in the lead-up to the game, where there will be an opportunity to win tickets to Derby’s home game with Leeds United on 29th August. This initiative is linked with Premier League 4 Sport, who deliver to over 30 satellite clubs around Derby in a variety of sports, all free for 14-25 year olds.

To celebrate the Ram’s First home game of the season, Derby County Community Trust are running special coaching activities at the Powerleague Soccerdome. The weekend coaching sessions run 9-10.30am and 11.12.30pm for pre-reception to year 6 children. Coaching sessions cost £4.50.

Rams Squad Members Play and Stay

FREE Play and Stay coaching sessions run from 1-2pm at the Powerleague Soccerdome for Rams Squad Members. To take advantage of the FREE coaching session all Rams Squad Members have to do is show their valid 2015/16 Rams Squad Membership Card.

1884 Group

The 1884 Group have been working closely with the club during the summer to help improve the matchday atmosphere at the iPro Stadium -by fans for fans - and they will be distributing a number of Derby County flags around the ground to wave as the teams walk out of the tunnel, as well as balloons, streamers and confetti. Please note that pyrotechnics are prohibited at the iPro Stadium and any individuals involved in the use of such items are subject to arrest and a banning order.

Just to let everyone know there is also an event on at the velodrome tomorrow afternoon.

That starts at 12:00 and finishes at 5:00 pm.

Its a sell-out so there are going to be a few more people about and a bit more traffic. Could possibly affect parking spaces in surrounding areas.

Archived