Derby County v Charlton Athletic

Mafiabob

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very impressed today!  Again agree with most on here Thorne was a class apart ! Still lacking some penetration from the wide areas but it will come ! Hope too see more of Jamie Hanson!  And keogh looks like a different player with shackell next to him 

Encouraging !COYR 

by the way flags were a nice touch today much credit to those involved in organising it all ! Pp was rocking 

I think the midfield looked pretty good today. Thorne bossed it comprehensively, Hanson was a revelation. He can pass forwards ! Ok so I am fan of his and really pleased it worked out. He's hungry and presses which we so often fail to do. Hedrick was ok but I think he needs to be a bit more positive and quick in his decision making. We got the ball in front of the goal on numerous occasions and that stems from a forward thinking midfield. .. A lucky deflection for them and some unlucky ones for us along with all men to the ramparts defending cost us the points .. I am considerably more relaxed than I was yesterday. .. Only tactical grump I have is that Bent should have come on with 10 mins to go but perhaps there were other reasons Christie came on ? 

Clement is making progress in the most important department, that is tightening the defence. Midfield needs strengthening now and the forwards need to start taking their chances. You can play well, indifferently or badly but if you take your chances, you look a good side.

Wasn't great. Wasn't horrific. 

Thorne is basically Dan Marino. 

Keogh looked a lot better. Still swung a leg at their goal, but y'know. 100 times the player he was. Actually massively respected him when he calmed Baird after a howler pass. Looked like a player he should be. 

The old Wayne Gretzky quote "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" comes to mind again. Charlton offered nowt. Watt had no options. Had a dig, Got lucky. Bang. Goal. 

We faff faff faff faff... then eventually, a ball to martin, one tough, bang, goal. 

Shooooooooot. 

Thorne is good enough to play for a top 10 premier league team. I'm convinced of that.

I think that's still selling him short. He could easily play for a top 4 side. I think he is as good as others who play in his position at the top 4 clubs. The lads just had rotten luck. 

Carson- 7 couldn't have done anything for the goal. Solid. Excellent take when Baird tried chesting it back

Baird- 7 does the basics well

Shackell- 7 little quiet, looked a tad nervous. One outstanding tackle, reads the game so well. (Early prediction but, him or Thorne for player of season)

Keogh- 8 excellent, taking the responsibility off him seems to have worked. Utterly faultless. Him and Shacks could form a secure partnership. Get behind him

Forsyth- 6 got forward well, defended ok but got caught out of possession a few times. Delivery NEEDS to improve

Thorne- 9 oozes class. Please stay fit. Passing was crisp and incisive 

Hanson- 8 solid. Tough in the tackle. Long passing accuracy was a nice surprise. Burst of pace also. Well done Jamie

Hendrick- 7 solid enough 

Russell- 5 off day for Johnny, probably tried too hard

Ince- 7. Today the "nearly man". Final pass not quite there

Martin- 7. Took his goal well and hold up play was decent. Needs the ball into feet more often

Carson 7 good distribution... Could t do anything about goal. 

Baird 7 one slight dodgy moment otherwise sound

Forsyth 7 rated him this high because defensively sound... Only slight gripe was final ball

Keogh 7 played well, lost 2 headers all game

Shackell 7 solid

Hendrick 7 slow start... And heard the usual gripes about him... Grew into game. Positional sound. Gets into great positions... 

Hanson 8.5 MOM for me... Was absolutely terrific today... Got a player there...

Thorne 8 Classy, one of them shots will go in on another day

Russell 4.5 I can never fault his effort, but just wasn't at races today, seemed lost and positionally poor for me, on his heals a lot... Maybe I'm being a bit harsh as he is only one who started the other two games...

Martin 7 some things worked out some things didn't... Scored great goal, few more games under his belt and he will be awesome 

Ince 6.5 more in it in second half.... Always worth keeping on... Bit frustrating day for him.... But you can see his class 

Subs: 

Weimann 6.5 darting runs, unlucky with flick attempt... Would start ahead of Russell Tuesday

Christie won't give him a mark. Nice to see him get game time... Good cross for Martin

We controlled that game... Charlton defended heroically 

My scores 

Carson 7 - alert, safe and good distribution 

Baird 7 - calm and collected

Keogh 8 - unlucky with goal, great tekker and passing

Shackell 7 - thou shall not pass

Forsyth 7.5 - most balls in were dangerous, supreme in 1 vs 1 defensively, be a long time till we see Warnock again at this rate

Thorne 8.5 - makes it look easy, which tbf Charlton made it by not putting a man within 10 yds, took full advantage though MOM.

Hanson 7.5 - very impressed, showed a good range of passing, loves a tackle, much more to come I think.

Hendrick 7.5 - best game for ages

Ince 7 - involved without it quite coming off for him, never hid at least.

Russell 6 - not terrible by any means, but seemed a little off the pace of the game.

Martin 7.5 - nice goal, good second half, will sharpen up with more games.

Wiemann 6 - substitute for Russell, and had a similar impact.

Overall I thought it was a very encouraging performance, Charlton looked to have improved a fair bit since last season, apart from that giant Ulrika clone they had up front, he's gash!

Feel pretty confident we can take it to Boro on Tuesday and will improve again.

Think some people are being harsh.

We bossed the game. When a team camps in like that all you can do is have width and go down the sides of them. Only takes a couple of wide players to have an average day and you get a bit stuck. 

Ours did. And they weren't poor. Forsyth was certainly top notch defensively. 

They just missed that little bit. 

It was a dominant attacking display 

And so would I, im finished :lol:

there maybe room at you at Florist , not saying your a Gump  far from it ,  but there embargo is kiling them " HAHAHAHA"  , plus you would being doing us a favour  when we play you  :D:thumbsup:  your marking George Thorne   ;)

and im in goal for Florist  :thumbsup: 

Thorne is good enough to play for a top 10 premier league team. I'm convinced of that.

An England footballer in the making, for my money.

I guess it is a bit off topic Eddie .. But yes .. Historically We seem to have 2 types of England midfielder .. The rampaging likes of Robson, Lampard, Scholes, Gerrard and then the Controllers .. Brooking, Carrick .. Etc .. Think George just might have to be a general ?

Archived