Derby County v Charlton Athletic

Mafiabob

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Martin always gives an impressive interview. Today's post-match on Ramsplayer is over 5 minutes. When he came I thought he had a bit of a reputation as a bad lad, but he always appears a model professional (and briliant goalscorer). In the interview they say that's 49 goals in 99 Derby starts. I hope after Tuesday he's gone over the 50% mark!

he has a bit of a rep he tried starting on a mate of mine in town and thorne was there and thorne pulled him away and apologised this was just after last season finished 

sage is dead right .. Hanson played one game in George's role last season ( after Mascaarels injury ) and discharged himsellf well. I spotted him then and he did well again for 15 mins against villreal. He doesn't have Wills talent with the ball at his feet or Wills ability to the unexpected but he has pace as well as control, a pass, strength and a tackle. He could play George's role without difficulty. He isn't quite George but that doesn't alter the validity of the discussion.

We are short of a midfielder because we have 2 out but JH is going to be a top top player for us. He presses and has an energy that has been missing in our play on too many occasions including last season.

sage is dead right .. Hanson played one game in George's role last season ( after Mascaarels injury ) and discharged himsellf well. I spotted him then and he did well again for 15 mins against villreal. He doesn't have Wills talent with the ball at his feet or Wills ability to the unexpected but he has pace as well as control, a pass, strength and a tackle. He could play George's role without difficulty. He isn't quite George but that doesn't alter the validity of the discussion.

We are short of a midfielder because we have 2 out but JH is going to be a top top player for us. He presses and has an energy that has been missing in our play on too many occasions including last season.

he could play holding midfielder, yes, but he couldn't play it like George does. 

I think we need 2 midfielders and a winger down the left hand side.

I said it over the summer when he was linked with Cardiff that I wouldnt be bothered if we sold Russell. 

Ill stand by that now. If they offered enough id sell. He doesnt do enough for me. 

Same with Hendrick. Bang average midfielder. Hes a big strong lad but doesnt impose himself on the game at all. 

I said it over the summer when he was linked with Cardiff that I wouldnt be bothered if we sold Russell. 

Ill stand by that now. If they offered enough id sell. He doesnt do enough for me. 

Same with Hendrick. Bang average midfielder. Hes a big strong lad but doesnt impose himself on the game at all. 

I have always supported Russell and his partnership with Martin is almost telepathic at times. However, i must reluctantly agree that he makes too many poor decisions on and off the ball.

Also, Hendrick has no footballing brain. He is a big lurcher who runs all day with his tongue out but there's not much going on at mission control.We need more savvy replacements.

I have also been disappointed with Bent and Martin's positioning. They never seem to be on the six yard box when crosses come in and worse than that seem happy to be behind defenders thus making them impossible to pass to.

Yes agree but we need quality no free transfer or a has been we need to be spending money on good quality players that are playing week in week out 

I see that PC is pleased with a point. I'm not. Against a top flight team perhaps but not at home against Charlton

After Bolton and Portsmouth, the performance was everything - a huge improvement. I listened to his interview after the game and at no time did he say 'pleased with a point'. He said that he was pleased with the response, meaning the performance in general and the way the players came back after the setback of going a goal down.

Burn the witch. Burn the witch.

p.s. I would sell him to for the right price. Overrated by many.

It was obviously disappointing not to win the game but I thought it was an almost faultless performance, that hopefully within a few more games will start to see us open up teams a little more. 

I thought Shackell and keogh looked rock solid as a centre back partnership, I don't think as a derby fan I've ever felt so confident in my defence when a team is running at it. Forsyth and Baird had good solid matches, some good over lapping and a couple of decent crosses by both. 

I don't want to get carried away with Hanson but yesterday I thought he was great and looks like he could really develop into a great midfielder for us. He looked slightly different to me yesterday, in previous displays he's been good in the tackle and the pass but yesterday he also ran with the ball a few times and looked very comfortable. He tried a couple more audacious passes which didn't always work but good to see he has the confidence to try it.

Really looking forward to the boro game because I felt we couldn't give a good account of ourselves with the players we had out at home last season, so hopefully this time we give them a really good game.

And need I say anymore about George Thorne, for me if he hadn't had so many injury problems he would be playing for someone like Swansea right now. Thats how good I think he is.          

Thought Forsyth was back to his old self, I found myself surprised at how far up the pitch he was at times, just like in his best days towards the end of 13/14. No matter what criticisms you may have of him, he's clearly leaps and bounds ahead of Warnock.

This defence has the potential to be one of the best in the league, great to see Keogh getting so much love from the fans too, pray to god he's staying.

Great finish by Martin, feel like we're playing around him a bit more though, less balls into his feet than I remember. Still have the option, maybe use that more when Bryson's back.

Hanson and Thorne both outstanding, Hanson's pre-season has clearly turned him into the real deal. First team player now.

Bit bemused that we've got Darren Bent on the bench, who no matter what you think of him, is extremely good at grabbing a perhaps undeserved goal in the dying minutes of a game but haven't chucked him on at the end there. I guess the team was playing well and we looked like scoring, but I'd like to see Bent in a situation like that.

First time I've seen Baird, looks the real deal, extremely impressed.

After Bolton and Portsmouth, the performance was everything - a huge improvement. I listened to his interview after the game and at no time did he say 'pleased with a point'. He said that he was pleased with the response, meaning the performance in general and the way the players came back after the setback of going a goal down.

I'm getting tired of you stating accurate facts. 

I'm getting tired of you stating accurate facts. 

In fact, here's a directly attributed quote....

Derby County boss Paul Clement: "I'm disappointed not to take all three points because I thought we created enough chances and controlled enough of the possession to deserve a little bit more."

It's quite unlike Strange yearnings to make up bullshit just to serve his own agenda.

And need I say anymore about George Thorne, for me if he hadn't had so many injury problems he would be playing for someone like Swansea right now. Thats how good I think he is.          

agreed with post but this made me laugh.

damned with faint praise....lol

i think george could play for anyone.

Archived