Derby County v Charlton Athletic

Mafiabob

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got back from the game, am struggling to see how we only got a point. The amount if shots we had but not many on target. Think Mondays training session needs to be shooting practise all day. The term "couldn't hit a barn door" comes into mind. But overall happy with the other stuff on the pitch and I'm sure the finishing will come. 

Strange no Bent today, one of the top finishers in the game?

there maybe room at you at Florist , not saying your a Gump  far from it ,  but there embargo is kiling them " HAHAHAHA"  , plus you would being doing us a favour  when we play you  :D:thumbsup:  your marking George Thorne   ;)

and im in goal for Florist  :thumbsup: 

Love this, would not have to fake it either, better go back to my county cricket days, at least I could play that game :lol:

25+ shots

a goal line clearance

last ditch blocks

280+ passes in their third 

650+ passes and barely any pointless ones

68% possession

1-1. 

Like Clement says we will play worse and win

The horrible thing about games at the ipro is that if we go behind we basically have to play a brick wall on the opponents 18yrd box

That's fair enough if the goal is well worked or we've given it away. But when it's a deflected shot from range that loops in its massively annoying!! 

Argh if Ince, Russell or Forsyth had had a great game instead of just a good one then we'd be talking about a pretty perfect performance.  

Just got back ,we were really unlucky not to win,there goal was very lucky,but we kept going and Martin scored a very well taken goal,and also had one off the line,Thorne was absolute class,can not wait for Tuesday,for our first 3 points of the season,come on you Rams.

Aside from somehow not taking all the points, I was really pleased with the performance today. There were lots of positives to take from the game, such as reverting to the 4-3-3 formation, Forsyth back in the team, Thorne looking imperious, and a great performance from Hanson. I really enjoy watching our high pressure possession game, we just need to take a few more risks in the final third to try and open teams up.

PistoldPete2

Still think we're short of a pacey winger with a good cross at times.

yes ... And I thought christie provided the best cross of the game after only a few mins on the pitch. 

I thought we were much improved today against a Charlton side that came for a point and nearly stole three.

I like the way the Keogh/Shackell partnership looks to be shaping up and with Thorne in front I thought we were reasonably solid throughout. Hanson played well and is looking a prospect while the forwards had a tough and unlucky afternoon against a narrow and organised outfit. I nearly forgot we were missing Hughes. Nearly.

We will need to step it up another gear for the visit of Boro though...

Russell and Forsyth weren't great today. Anyone who thinks otherwise are wearing their rose tinted glasses. Keogh on the other hand was our best defender

Forsyth was fine today, certainly didn't do a lot wrong and definitely gave us some much needed width which was missing last week.

But that's my point, your opinion is different to mine and those around where I was Sat today - maybe you had confetti or a flag hindering your view. Yes, he did misplace a few passes but no more than most players, and from what I saw they were positive attempts to get the ball into Martin's feet rather than the silly 5yrd ones he was misplacing last yr. Defensively he was his usual solid self - generally, how many real attempts did Charlton have today? Russell would still be my choice over Weimann from the 3 games so far, maybe I need to watch it back on ramsplayer to get a better look, but he certainly wasn't poor today - no-one was......in my opinion of course.

@EuroEliteFL: #dcfc's George Thorne completed the most passes in the Championship today (104) - 97% of his passes were successful 

has Thorne actually had a bad game for DCFC? Serious question

I hope it's lack of fitness which holds him back at the moment... :blink:

Chris Martin always gives an impressive interview. Today's post-match on Ramsplayer is over 5 minutes. When he came I thought he had a bit of a reputation as a bad lad, but he always appears a model professional (and briliant goalscorer). In the interview they say that's 49 goals in 99 Derby starts. I hope after Tuesday he's gone over the 50% mark!

Archived