Is clement up to the job

harwich ram

PistoldPete2

6 games is more than enough time to judge a manager. This time last season leeds had already got rid of Hockaday. A month later they also sacked Milanic when it was clear things weren't working. 

well despite today's result I don't think we should look to Leeds chairman as a model. 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds to me you are more interested in trying to prove a point against certain posters than Derby itself.  That's fine by me if I fall into that category, I don't get upset about what someone says, that I don't know on a forum about football (or someone I do)  :-)

hypothetical question for you, should NC be appointed manager of Forest tomorrow would you change your allegiance again or would you now stick with the Rams.

Before you think I'm getting personal, it's a genuine question to which I would not judge the answer you gave in terms of where your loyalty lies, it's just as I said above you are coming across as someone who is still upset about the way he was treated by both the club and some fans, and if the ultimate failure of PC resulted in the sacking of a certain Mr Rush, you would take that right now....please accept my apologies if that is not correct, as I said, genuine question.

I can't help how it sounds to you Leeds.

I've said before mate, you keep finding things to "quote" in my posts and they're not even there.

So no surprise that you're missing the context.

Genuine answer...I don't change my allegiances, I never have and I never will, just you don't understand my allegiances can be different to yours. My allegiances are to Nigel. I've travelled 1000's and 1009's of miles and spent 1000's and 1000's of pounds to watch his teams. I've also lost 1000's that I couldn't afford by not being able to make games for one reason or another.

So If Nigel goes to Forest tomorrow, I would go to watch him and keep that healthy love for the Rams that I've had since 1985 the first time I went into Brian's study and started watching the videos. Started listening to how much he loved you. Started seeing how happy he got when he talked about winning things for your club, watched his eyes sparkle at the very mention of Derby County (apart from when he played against you)

Sam Rush and about a dozen persistent posters nearly cost me that love and so I've had to separate the two. I love the club, but I strongly dislike the CEO. If you can't see that I've stayed around and shown so much interest in Derby since Nigel left, surely it's clear that I care.

Then while he's at Forest and he plays Derby I'd want him to beat you, the same as when Derby played Forest whenever he was in charge I hated them with a passion and if I could have kissed him for kneeing Billy Davies in the back I would have.

I can't apologise for that mate, he's not my brother but I love him like a brother and I can't see why that would make anyone angry with me. I've never hidden that and I'v even asked people not to get so personal cos it hurts me to see the stick he got/still gets for trying his best for your club. No one cared that it hurt me and some of you used it as a massive stick to beat me with. Some of you still use that stick now.

Imagine your brother was a very successful ex player, ex International footballer and fairly decent manager, I'd expect your loyalties would lie with him. Or am I wrong?

I don't want Paul Clement to fail at all, I want Derby promoted, if there was a way for Paul Clement to be hugely successful and for Sam Rush to get fired, that would be my dream scenario. In my opinion Sam Rush stabbed Nigel in the back and I won't forgive him for it. He wanted him out from the moment he came to the club and he did what he could to ensure that happened.

Nigel wouldn't accept his way of working and unfortunately Sam was the boss, which meant Nigel was going. The boss always wins. I respect that, doesn't mean I need to respect him.

If you're asking me if I'd prefer failure and Sam Rush going, to success and Sam Rush staying. I'd choose the second option straight away without even thinking.

You seem to somehow miss those posts that show my genuine affection for your club. Yet pick me up on everything else.

I haven't seen you pay this much attention to anyone else who's "doubted" or "questioned" Paul Clement

Genuine question, why do you have such an issue with my loyalty to Nigel?

Of course he is up to it but I do not think the player recruitment team are nor probably Rush and our money bags chairman.

So Clement IS up to it, yet the duo who hired him are NOT? How does that work out? 

What else can Rush and Mel Morris possibly do?

I'd suggest some of the players ain't consistently good enough. 

They are no worse than most players in this league with some of the best training facilities ,don't make excuses for the players performances they get paid to a job ,am not just blaming them obviously direction and instruction from management play apart and some of the tactical changes seem bazaar .

They are no worse than most players in this league with some of the best training facilities ,don't make excuses for the players performances they get paid to a job ,am not just blaming them obviously direction and instruction from management play apart and some of the tactical changes seem bazaar .

No way do I blame the manager because the players were poor at the end of last season with McClaren. 

Some of the players are underperforming .

Either that or they are not good enough. 

No way do I blame the manager because the players were poor at the end of last season with McClaren. 

Some of the players are underperforming .

Either that or they are not good enough. 

Example, both Ince and Bent were scoring goals for fun through the period you are talking about, now under Clements they don't look like the same players, and you think they have both become bad players in 6 games?

The team is certainly stronger in depth now under Clement than under Mac, yet you think the crappy performances are nothing to do with an inexperienced coach?

Example, both Ince and Bent were scoring goals for fun through the period you are talking about, now under Clements they don't look like the same players, and you think they have both become bad players in 6 games?

The team is certainly stronger in depth now under Clement than under Mac, yet you think the crappy performances are nothing to do with an inexperienced coach?

2-2 at home to Brum .

0-3 at home to Reading .

Both examples of what cost us a playoff place.

The team had imploded at the end of last season 

Clement is trying to sort it out.  

5 games in.

Have groan

Strap your seatbelts

pick your bottom lips up

Carry on and remember all the moaning from last season when we were winning. Told you to enjoy it while it lasted. You never know what's around the corner

41 games to sort ourselves out. Or not. Either way, try not to sound like spoilt brats. Some people are embarrassing themselves. Get grip. Got a 3 yr old with a more level head

Archived