Is clement up to the job

harwich ram

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, sorry, not buying any of this. Clement is the highest earning manager in the league. He has players of premier league quality at his disposal, it was always going to be a gamble appointing a manager who has never managed a game in his life. Unfortunately the gamble is backfiring, the signs aren't good and it's abubdantly clear the players don't buy in to his tactics. It will only get worse from here, hold me to it

just remember, highest earning manager in the league . . . Big gamble Derby, live and die by your decisions. . . 

Ok, then it down to the players....

Bolton game we were awful start to finish

Charlton game, lots of possession at times but no end product - awful

Boro - A tuff game as I think they are possibly they will be there or there about come May

Brum - We played very good 2nd half  - so why change the players for the Leeds game

Leeds - Awful 1st half, but for the first 25 mins of the 2nd half we actually attacked with purpose, but overall the German coach knows how to deal with the opposition!

Lets not forget the shambles at Pompey......

All the above games we have never got going at kick off, almost a subdued playing style, very negative - I just don't get it

We have not improved in any of the 5 league games, why? If its down to the players? Surely the coach has influence on how we play, the formation, how we start games......

Some on here are saying they don't question Clements ability?

Well I am questioning it, what ability exactly has he got?

Please do share?

The performances are fine. If Hendrick had buried that sitter instead of Wood scoring that wonderstrike we'd have been hailing Clement right now. We're performing fine, but things will take time with all the change in the off season. You'd have hoped for a better start, but this reaction so early is silly. 

Every game so far this season there's been an if this and and if that.

Too many if's so far for me.

He needs a couple of wins out of the next four games, for his own sake as much as anything else. I mentioned very early that the players will be judging and analysing HIM, so far I don't think he's convinced THEM and THEY are the most important group.

If the players can't grasp his ideas, it's cos he's making them too complicated or too varied to understand.

The International break has come at a great time really. 2 weeks to get Bryson back on the pitch AND PLAYING, I don't care who we've signed, until we get Bryson back and running past Martin, we've lot too much of our attacking thrust.

Bring back Bryson and I think we'll see an immediate improvement.

Say he does go, who is there to hire? On the top of my head I can think of Paul Lambert and Oscar Garcia and maybe we could poach someone like Karl Robinson from MK Dons. 

Anyway PC still has time to turn things around. 

Sam Allardyce, all day long. I don't care if he plays hoof ball. He will get us there and keep us there, failing that Nigel Pearsons out of a job, he didn't do to bad with Leicester, did he?

Sam Allardyce, all day long. I don't care if he plays hoof ball. He will get us there and keep us there, failing that Nigel Pearsons out of a job, he didn't do to bad with Leicester, did he?

There are two ways to get promoted and survive in the Premiership. 

Go the way we are trying to with nice football and carry it on into the prem like Swansea and Southampton did. 

The other way is to do what West Ham and Stoke did with Pulis and Alladyce. Play poor football, but will more than certainly stay up. 

The performances are fine. If Hendrick had buried that sitter instead of Wood scoring that wonderstrike we'd have been hailing Clement right now. We're performing fine, but things will take time with all the change in the off season. You'd have hoped for a better start, but this reaction so early is silly. 

if, if, if, if 

If's don't win you games, see today's game. We didn't perform fine, we performed fine for 10 minutes of the second half. Time? Roslers new? Charltons managers new etc? why is it different for Clement? Sorry, doesn't wash with me 

The players aren't upto it if anything,

Failed 13/14

Failed 14/15

Same is happening with a different manager, with different coaches,

Everyone raves about X player, yet they can't ever put a good run of form together. Martin is very hit and miss nowadays, likewise Hendrick, Keogh, Fozzy..l

Fans tend to, how can I put this? Overrate their own players 

The manager can only do so much, get Carlo or Jose and they'll struggle with this bunch of now re known "bottlers".

The players aren't upto it if anything,

Failed 13/14

Failed 14/15

Same is happening with a different manager, with different coaches,

Everyone raves about X player, yet they can't ever put a good run of form together. Martin is very hit and miss nowadays, likewise Hendrick, Keogh, Fozzy..l

Fans tend to, how can I put this? Overrate their own players 

The manager can only do so much, get Carlo or Jose and they'll struggle with this bunch of now re known "bottlers".

a lot of different players over that time. Different managers. 

One of the constants, however, is the presence of panicky, moaning, booing fans. 

Preston isn't a must win, like today, in the big scale of things doesn't matter, but we haven't dominated a game yet, we haven't even played ok for a whole game let alone well, today while the ref was ******* us over every tackle, Rosler was doing his nut, Clement just let it slide. Rabbit in the headlights, sorry, Get RID.

a lot of different players over that time. Different managers. 

One of the constants, however, is the presence of panicky, moaning, booing fans. 

One thing I find annoying is that instead of getting behind the team some of our fans boo every time we play **** which is usually when we are at home on sky.

There is still 41 games to go plenty of time for PC to gain experience as the main man

We've shown in spells we are a decent side but also in spells that we are **** but if we play well for a whole game I'm sure people will get carried away and say we are going up

Preston isn't a must win, like today, in the big scale of things doesn't matter, but we haven't dominated a game yet, we haven't even played ok for a whole game let alone well, today while the ref was ******* us over every tackle, Rosler was doing his nut, Clement just let it slide. Rabbit in the headlights, sorry, Get RID.

there always seems to be the assumption in English football that if the manager is not jumping up and down shouting his head off, he doesn't know what he's doing. Isn't it more likely that the opposite is the case? 

He probably wasn't expecting fans to boo their own team at half time though. 

Archived