Is clement up to the job

harwich ram

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference is LR, those "some people" aren't judging his personality only his results and what they've seen on the pitch so far.

Those "some people" will also change their opinion on him if and when he gets results.Those "some people" haven't developed a totally negative bias towards him that won't change no matter what he does.

We still haven't scored more than one goal in a match and he still has a zero % win rate, I don't know why you're surprised that "some people" have doubts.

"Some people" had to listen to other people's doubts about other manager for a long time and now for "some people" the gloves are off.

"some people" asked for patience and lack of nastiness for a long time, other people ignored that. "Some people" now don't give a flying fig what other people think. "Some people" won't call for him to be sacked and won't criticise him as a person but "some people" reserve the right to express their doubts.

The rhetoric when he was hired was all wrong, no one said anything about going backwards to go forwards, all the talk was of progression and hiring the best head coach available, recruiting the best players avaiable and giving him and them the best tools available to do his and their jobs better.

"Some peoples" expectations were set very high, maybe falsely high but there was a reason for that.

We've spent an absolute fortune to take the club to the next level and early days or not early days we've actually gone backwards very quickly and "some people" weren't prepared for that at all.

Oh and by the way "some people" don't trust people with goatees and shifty eyes, whether they're CEO's or not  ;-)

I can understand people's doubts, we haven't played well and having spent lots of money the expectations are high.  Clement was never my choice as manager, but the powers that did have put their faith in him so that's good enough for me, at least until he has had enough games to be judged.

As for the below, you need to let it go, it just makes you look bitter :-(

"Some people" had to listen to other people's doubts about other manager for a long time and now for "some people" the gloves are off.

Don't "they" always say give a manager 10 games at the start of a season ?.

If "they" did. Then why was there a root and branch review on here within 30 minutes of every loss, every dropped point and every goal conceded before the ten game mark?

Why did "they" start thread after thread on here after every draw questioning personality, integrity and ability and why were "they" claiming the season was over after game 1 when we conceded a last minute equaliser at home?

Now "they" are the same ones asking for calm and saying it's unfair to question a start that has seen us pick up 4 point in 5 games and score 4 goals in 450 minutes, having been one of the most free flowing teams in the league for the last 2 years.

Not to mention the fact we can't keep a clean sheet despite the defence being sorted.

I don't want him sacked either. Something "they" can't ever claim.

We were hearing I think positive noises from some of the players about the pre season training regime in terms of the early stages at which they worked with the ball as opposed to pure physical conditioning. 

I wonder whether that is part of the issue. The Championship is a gruelling physical league. Is it possible that PC hasnot implemented the best regime by neglecting the physical conditioning in desiring to focus on ball skills? 

Many observers are suggesting we have a number of players struggling to last the 90 mins?

Just a thought. 

And a reasonable one at that but would you say the focus on ball skills has been beneficial ? Martin and Ince in particular look to me to have faces like smacked arses, There appears to be little enjoyment in their game at the moment which I take rightly or wrongly as a sign they are unhappy about something.

I can understand people's doubts, we haven't played well and having spent lots of money the expectations are high.  Clement was never my choice as manager, but the powers that did have put their faith in him so that's good enough for me, at least until he has had enough games to be judged.

As for the below, you need to let it go, it just makes you look bitter :-(

I'm not bitter and as long as no-one makes it personal, I don't care how I look.

I have however got a very long and good memory.

I genuinely can't believe the cheek of some posters who were the most vocal, now the same posters having a go at anyone who dares to question, not hammer, not destroy just question.

I remember asking, sometimes really nicely for people not to get nasty, I don't think many listened cos the nastiness continued and in fact got worse.

Like I said, with certain posters on certain topics the gloves are off. I'll certainly keep it civil and stick to the footballing (or tornado!) facts but I've had enough of minding my p's and q's around those who never minded their's.

The players don't seem bothered at all so that points to management not getting them fired up. We are going backwards at the min. And ask for the new signings useless 3mill for weimann Joke!!

here's a question for you. Do you see a difference between seeming to be bothered and being bothered?

I ask because these days it seems there is something wrong with someone who doesn't do everything publicly, be it grief, fun, commitment or any other emotion or state of mind. 

I will judge after 10 - 12 games. He clearly got a reaction at half time today which tells you the players are going onto the pitch thinking all they got to to do is  turn up to win which is poor mentality. I want clement to succeed but so far we have looked worse than last season imo

I agree with you Luke that 10/12 games is a reasonable amount of games to make up your mind but what I keep thinking about is the welcome the lads got when they came out, the flags and noise were immense, we're playing Leeds, at home, we hate Leeds, the fans did their bit but what followed was insipid bilge, that first half was the worst I have seen a Derby team play in many a year, what's that all about, where did such an abject performance come from ? 

What do the fans have to do at the start of the game to get their expectation through to the players ?

The players don't seem bothered at all so that points to management not getting them fired up. We are going backwards at the min. And ask for the new signings useless 3mill for weimann Joke!!

possibly the easiest accusation to make against players in a losing team, but NEVER with any quantifiable evidence.

I'm not bitter and as long as no-one makes it personal, I don't care how I look.

I have however got a very long and good memory.

I genuinely can't believe the cheek of some posters who were the most vocal, now the same posters having a go at anyone who dares to question, not hammer, not destroy just question.

I remember asking, sometimes really nicely for people not to get nasty, I don't think many listened cos the nastiness continued and in fact got worse.

Like I said, with certain posters on certain topics the gloves are off. I'll certainly keep it civil and stick to the footballing (or tornado!) facts but I've had enough of minding my p's and q's around those who never minded their's.

Sounds to me you are more interested in trying to prove a point against certain posters than Derby itself.  That's fine by me if I fall into that category, I don't get upset about what someone says, that I don't know on a forum about football (or someone I do)  :-)

hypothetical question for you, should NC be appointed manager of Forest tomorrow would you change your allegiance again or would you now stick with the Rams.

Before you think I'm getting personal, it's a genuine question to which I would not judge the answer you gave in terms of where your loyalty lies, it's just as I said above you are coming across as someone who is still upset about the way he was treated by both the club and some fans, and if the ultimate failure of PC resulted in the sacking of a certain Mr Rush, you would take that right now....please accept my apologies if that is not correct, as I said, genuine question.

PistoldPete2

here's a question for you. Do you see a difference between seeming to be bothered and being bothered?

I ask because these days it seems there is something wrong with someone who doesn't do everything publicly, be it grief, fun, commitment or any other emotion or state of mind. 

Well I agree with this... And these organisations who are more concerned with PR and how they appear , rather than how they actually ARE. 

PistoldPete2

Helpful text into Radio Derby by some nutjob: "Nigel Pearson"

hmm... Not that bad a shout, except that we have a manager. 

Archived