Is clement up to the job

harwich ram

Time will tell if Clements the man for the job but come on Alpha, that first half performance was unforgivable, we were pedestrian, lacked desire and initiative.

I hope Clement was called in yesterday to explain it because it wasn't acceptable. I wish the bloke well but he's going to have to have a change of luck and stop worrying about the opposition so much and let them worry about us a bit more.

Take the reigns off PC, we've got the talent to sort out most teams in this division if you'll believe in them.

COYR

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that bothers me slightly is the statement that we had a massive tailing off at the 

end of last season and we plan to do that in reverse ?

That's like having a full weeks work , and starting it on wednesday ..

Strange philosophy ..

Why are you all so surprised we started so badly? Clement and the players pretty much admitted this would happen. They always said it would take weeks and months to really gel and to play football the way Clement wants us to. Just be patient, this is nothing we didn't see coming.

I didn't expect to start THIS badly, sure. But I set myself up for the disappointment of a tough start and you lot should have all done the same.

Just been listening to the interview after the Leeds game and Clement was asked '' You get a reaction from the players at half time against Birmingham and against Leeds, why can't they start like that''

Clement ''Well, we'll have to look at that, we'll have to reflect on that - we weren't surprised by the tactics of Leeds.....''

Listening to the full interview I feel the bloke is struggling!

no he's not! 

What makes you think he knows what he's doing?

What makes you think he will be a successful coach here?

No one knows for sure but we shouldn't question his every move 

If he wants to sign a player that is his choice then he should be given that trust. 

Why are you all so surprised we started so badly? Clement and the players pretty much admitted this would happen. They always said it would take weeks and months to really gel and to play football the way Clement wants us to. Just be patient, this is nothing we didn't see coming.

I didn't expect to start THIS badly, sure. But I set myself up for the disappointment of a tough start and you lot should have all done the same.

Nah,

The questions were spoon fed by Colin Gibson. 

What makes you think he knows what he's doing?

What makes you think he will be a successful coach here?

it'll come and he'll be successful here. By the way Johnny Russell said hi hater x 

No one knows for sure but we shouldn't question his every move 

Question his every move?

I do question our results, isn't that what we base his coaching skills on?

I do question our performances, again isn't it what we base his coaching skills on?

I actually could not believe his answer to the question of  ''you get a reaction from the players at HT, why they can't start a game that way''?

Question his every move?

I do question our performances, again isn't it what we base his coaching skills on?

I actually could not believe his answer to the question of  ''you get a reaction from the players at HT, why they can't start a game that way''?

Clement ''Well, we'll have to look at that, we'll have to reflect on that - we weren't surprised by the tactics of Leeds.....''

People also have to take into consideration that we lost Hughes and Bryson so early, Hendrick has been out injured and Hanson, Thorne has been off injured as well. People need to reevaluate their expectations especially when we have had between 2 and 4 cms out at a time.

Question his every move?

Mate he's had 5 games and lost 1 .

McClaren couldn't turn it around at the end of last season .

Clement needs time. 

Clough had 5 Years 

McClaren had a season and a half. 

The team was in decline at the end of last season .

How can we judge the manager yet. 

Question his every move?

What would have been an aacceptable answer to that?

Mate he's had 5 games and lost 1 .

McClaren couldn't turn it around at the end of last season .

Clement needs time. 

Clough had 5 Years 

McClaren had a season and a half. 

The team was in decline at the end of last season .

How can we judge the manager yet. 

We declined last season because of all the injuries from March onwards, remember what were we 5 or 6 points clear at the time and lost most of the first team through injury or suspensions.

The squad and 1st team is so much better than Mac had to work with......Forgetting the poor results, look at the performances, are they really getting better? Are we really improving every game?

He has had 6 games so far and apart from 2nd half against Brum and 20 minutes against Leeds we have been shocking!

Can he turn us into a side that can compete at this level?

We certainly have the players here that are capable of beating Bolton, Charlton, Brum, Leeds, Boro and without doubt Portsmouth's B team!

You have to question why we competing at this level?

We declined last season because of all the injuries from March onwards, remember what were we 5 or 6 points clear at the time and lost most of the first team through injury or suspensions.

The squad and 1st team is vary better than Mac had to work with......Forgetting the poor results, look at the performances, are they really getting better? Are we really improving every game?

He has had 6 games so far and apart from 2nd half against Brum and 20 minutes against Leeds we have been shocking!

Can he turn us into a side that can compete at this level?

We certainly have the players here that are capable of beating Bolton, Charlton, Brum, Leeds, Boro and without doubt Portsmouth's B team!

You have to question why we competing at this level?

Because we are missing strength in depth in certain positions. 

Martin coming back from injury is not as sharp as pre injury yet but is doing ok and has scored 2 good goals. 

Bents form worries me when he gets on the field. 

Hughes injured and is a big loss. 

George Thorne  not back to his best yet week in week out. 

Hanson the young lad does well but tires in games towards the end of them and is still learning 

Bryson injured 1st game. 

Hendrick out of form but improved 2nd half against Leeds when further forward in a 3 .

Clement looks lost to me. Whenever I watch him in interviews he just doesn't strike me as a football manager. 

He doesn't seem to get any help from Peacock either. Is he still at the club?? Simmo was constantly on the touchline when he was here, i haven't seen Peacock out there once.

I want him to be a success and i will support him and the players as always, but i'll be shocked if he is still in charge come the end of the season.

And as for Chris Evans, i'll be surprised if he's still here by Christmas.

Time will tell if Clements the man for the job but come on Alpha, that first half performance was unforgivable, we were pedestrian, lacked desire and initiative.

I hope Clement was called in yesterday to explain it because it wasn't acceptable. I wish the bloke well but he's going to have to have a change of luck and stop worrying about the opposition so much and let them worry about us a bit more.

Take the reigns off PC, we've got the talent to sort out most teams in this division if you'll believe in them.

COYR

Oh I'm not saying I'm impressed with the start. But it is only a start and I didn't hype him up.

Some made it sound like he was the brains behind Ancelotti. 

I didn't have any faith in the idea that you can have different systems and styles each day of the week. 

Pick a system and work it. work it, work it, work it. You'll lose and Derby fans will probably ask for 442 but you'll lose in any system. Find one that fits and work it. He should have spent more time doing that so everything is second nature. Too much thinking.

No idea why you'd change formation based on the opposition. Screw the opposition. Let them change for us. 

Not saying you can't be flexible. But from diamond to a 3 to 442 to 4231... pick one. 

I'm just saying give him time to figure out what works.

He needs a few wins quickly. Nigel Clough was sacked after taking 14 points from 10 games. Clement has taken 4 points from 5 games. He therefore needs at least 3 wins from the next 5 games starting away at Preston. He also needs a left winger and a good central midfielder together with some luck and a few competent referees as the ref on Saturday was dire.

Archived