Is clement up to the job

harwich ram

7 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

Did anyone go to the Q&A with him last week???  @Joel from the DCFC podcast said that PC has been sending Will Hughes out to rivals' games with the scouting team, so he still feels involved.  That's genius.  I know most long term injured players will travel with their teams still but I can't think other teams sending our their players to scout the opposition.  Very good idea, from a very good manager...

I seem to remember NC doing this with an injured player a few years ago. Maybe Barker? It may have been BC 40+ years ago, but it's stuck in my head. 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the guy. PC has done exactly what has needed to be done. He hasn't partly erased our defensive frailties, he has destroyed them! His post match assessments are spot on, he praises but will also be honest if the team were crap and always wants more from his team. There is no resting on our laurels. There is also real belief in the importance of working as a team and the Hull match is a great example of that. With a squad our size it could easily go wrong. Getting Kevin Phillips in seems to be another inspired move. And we can still turn on the sexy football!

It is just a shame that 4 other teams have also made great starts to the season which I think makes it seem less impressive what PC has achieved so far.

Clement is doing an excellent job so far , really like how he never sits on the fence, and if we do not play well , he actually says so , I like the way he sets us up , as a team, every player seems to know his job , I feel he is exactly the type of manager/coach we need , I feel he has a very good future ahead of himself,hopefully with dcfc , he will lead us to the premier league, and keep us there.Love the all positives running through the club at the moment , long may it continue.

Any Derby County manager who can go on Sky before a game against Hull (top of league) , say that he has come to get the three points and then get them, is one confident dude. This confidence was then repeated by Ince about his previous Club when he said that we had come for the three points. ince was justified, as we won the game very handsomely.

3 hours ago, BondJovi said:

I love the guy. PC has done exactly what has needed to be done. He hasn't partly erased our defensive frailties, he has destroyed them! His post match assessments are spot on, he praises but will also be honest if the team were crap and always wants more from his team. There is no resting on our laurels. There is also real belief in the importance of working as a team and the Hull match is a great example of that. With a squad our size it could easily go wrong. Getting Kevin Phillips in seems to be another inspired move. And we can still turn on the sexy football!

It is just a shame that 4 other teams have also made great starts to the season which I think makes it seem less impressive what PC has achieved so far.

A very good point. I've heard that this is the club's BEST EVER start to a league campaign, which for a rookie manager is simply phenomenal. Just checked the table for this point last year and it reads:

1. SUPER RAMS 35 pts
  2. Bournemouth 32
  3. Boro' 32
  4. Ipswich 31
  5. Brentford 31
  6. Blackburn 30
  7. Watford 29

Last season we were 3 points clear at the top with one fewer point, yet we're only third. Even this year's fifth placed Burnley would have daylight at the top compared to last year.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

A very good point. I've heard that this is the club's BEST EVER start to a league campaign, which for a rookie manager is simply phenomenal. Just checked the table for this point last year and it reads:

1. SUPER RAMS 35 pts
  2. Bournemouth 32
  3. Boro' 32
  4. Ipswich 31
  5. Brentford 31
  6. Blackburn 30
  7. Watford 29

Last season we were 3 points clear at the top with one fewer point, yet we're only third. Even this year's fifth placed Burnley would have daylight at the top compared to last year.

Wow.

And last year was mental. The top sides were in a class of their own. 

Hope it relents a bit

On 29/08/2015, 21:28:21, harbourram said:

6 games is more than enough time to judge a manager. This time last season leeds had already got rid of Hockaday. A month later they also sacked Milanic when it was clear things weren't working. 

Knee jerk reactions like this make for interesting reading in the first pages.

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Knee jerk reactions like this make for interesting reading in the first pages.

Interesting, that. You could almost say...

6 posts is more than enough time to judge a member of DCFCFans.

On 29 August 2015 at 18:06:05, steve brummie said:

I'd suggest that Clement is unfamiliar with the strengths and weaknesses of the teams in the Championship. He should study videos of the team up against whom Derby are coming next. He has a strong squad despite Will's six month lay-off and should know their abilities.

Nigel's square peg policy got him only so far, Steve Mac totally lost interest in the job, come on Paul, concentrate on how to beat each team we are due to play, using the hand you've been dealt!

What's he rabbiting on abaht?

I had my doubts initially, but mostly blamed the signings I doubt he had much input over. His interviews, at the time, seemed frustrated but I suppose he was. Now he just seems to think it out, take his time and offer an insight into what he expects of the team.

Some of the signings I doubted well, Weimann, also seems to have come on quite well in recent games which is a major plus. We're still scoring even if Martin or Ince haven't.

13 hours ago, super rams said:

It does look like he might be up for the job, top two finish will tell at the end of the season.

It also looks like 2 for the top 5 for promotion and Brighton don't look like falling away as some predicted  and that team has been put together with nuts and bolts with a few washers.

Very insightful. You could be a minister of state

The bleeding obvious

Interesting to hear PC on 5-Live tonight talking about Gary Neville's appointment and coaching abroad. Said for him it introduced him to many more types of systems and players, but that the key thing in coaching in a foreign language is that it teaches you how to get your ideas across clearly and concisely, cutting out all the waffle.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Interesting to hear PC on 5-Live tonight talking about Gary Neville's appointment and coaching abroad. Said for him it introduced him to many more types of systems and players, but that the key thing in coaching in a foreign language is that it teaches you how to get your ideas across clearly and concisely, cutting out all the waffle.

Would like to have listened but can't find it anywhere, must've been a very short appearance?

Archived