Hughes replacement

ColchesterRam

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there's come a time when you have to stop buying players and coach the ones you already have. We have signed too many players already IMO in a short space of time, and any more will see Clement struggling like Jewell did in 2008. There aren't any Will Hughes, or even Craig Brysons out there and available, so we will just have to make do and let our coaching staff earn their money.

Disagree with that. The team on Saturday had four new starters, but one of nether was a player here for half of last season. So that's three new players.

Last two years we have had a lot of loan players, as well as signings come in. 

Yes it looks like we've lost one of our best players, but if they board want to go out and replace him with someone who can bring something immediate, then great, let's do it.

Hughes' injury is a massive shame since he was looking all set to have a fantastic season, but I reckon we have to resolve this first from within the squad and Dawkins could well be the man. 

I can really see Dawkins overall game being more suited to a central role. His passing game is the next best in the side to Will's. We'll never know unless we give him a run in the side. 

Recovery doesn't take that long. 5,5-7 months if surgery goes well. And it does, it's easy. Actually I've never heard about ACL surgery gone wrong.

That's the timeline they gave Thorne, 9 months, and only ruptured his, wasn't a full tear. And when he came back it was too soon.

That's the timeline they gave Thorne, 9 months, and only ruptured his, wasn't a full tear. And when he came back it was too soon.

It doesn't matter if it is ruptured or full tear, new one has to made nevertheless.

Thorne got injured late July and came back January to play with U-21. So 6 months which is the normal time what it takes. Physically there ain't no reason why 6 months wouldn't be enough. Why Thorne got another injury straight away, we will never know. It could've happened without surgery...

It doesn't matter if it is ruptured or full tear, new one has to made nevertheless.

Thorne got injured late July and came back January to play with U-21. So 6 months which is the normal time what it takes. Physically there ain't no reason why 6 months wouldn't be enough. Why Thorne got another injury straight away, we will never know. It could've happened without surgery...

He wasn't match fit in January, It's when you can start a first team game.

For the record i walked in and out of the Grand Canyon 9 months after my ACL. 4000 ft descent then ascent, took 11 hours and was 90C at the bottom. So i think 7 months for Hughes. That make sense in my head.

He wasn't match fit in January, It's when you can start a first team game.

For the record i walked in and out of the Grand Canyon 9 months after my ACL. 4000 ft descent then ascent, took 11 hours and was 90C at the bottom. So i think 7 months for Hughes. That make sense in my head.

and your knees have never troubled you since :huh:

Archived