Hughes replacement

ColchesterRam

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who think Dawkins will step in and be good are in LaLa land. But i'll be happy to be proven otherwise.

Hughes is a big loss, but lets just wait until we hear the proper diagnosis. 

Dawks had major problems(family wise) earlier last season and came back real strong, I think we should give the guy a break and just give him a chance, he had a good confed cup with Jamaica and should come back even stronger.

Dawks had major problems(family wise) earlier last season and came back real strong, I think we should give the guy a break and just give him a chance, he had a good confed cup with Jamaica and should come back even stronger.

He had a better Gold Cup than Confed. but I agree with your point. I watched all of his games and he looked almost back to his best. Completely ran the show for the first 10-15 minutes of the final v Mexico (Ok, once Mexico started to turn it on he didn't get much of a look in but that's not his fault).

Hughes will be a loss, but we can only be sure how big a loss once we have some hindsight. I think a fit Dawkins who's mentally up for it will be plenty good enough to fill in.

I doubt they'll have any news to break until at least this evening/tomorrow. The scans and results aren't a 24 hour job. Best not to assume anything. Also, they might decide not to announce anything as they know the question will be asked at the pre-Pompey press conference.

I doubt they'll have any news to break until at least this evening/tomorrow. The scans and results aren't a 24 hour job. Best not to assume anything. Also, they might decide not to announce anything as they know the question will be asked at the pre-Pompey press conference.

Mackworth has said he's out for up to 12 months 

Mackworth has said he's out for up to 12 months 

Would rather wait for it to come from somewhere official. Might be right, but not sure where that info will have come from to be honest. I doubt many people at the club will know prior to the announcement.

Significant and probably not a coincidence that George Thorne and Will Hughes injuries (plus Bryson) have been right at the start of season.

Conspiracy theorist?

George and Will were in different years under different coaching regimes so can't personally see much apart from coincidence.

The majority of lengthy injuries for all of football occur in the first few games of the season / the first few games after a lengthy time off. That's just when the body of the players is the weakest. Especially innocuous injuries. Obviously, breaks caused by tackles/collisions occur at any time.

Don't think it reflects anything on Derby at all.

AC Milan got anyone? Clement can get Carlo on the line.

Kaisuke Honda anyone? He can play as a midfield playmaker, attacking midfielder or striker! :lol:

Over a week away from computer and first thing I notice is this thread, I think I'll close this again. Sausaging sausage, rest of the vacation is pretty much ruined.

Chin up Will, come back stronger! You need at least one major surgery to be counted as a real footballer and scars are pretty.

Archived