Hughes replacement

ColchesterRam

Most of the players have become good at playing 4-3-3 and do so naturally. It was the defence that was leaking goals. Baird has replaced Eustace and we now have Pearce , Shackell and Carson with Ssewankambo looking promising.Got to be worth a try. Poor old Clement presumably had to explain his tactics to the other coaches. He can only really blame the players or himself. He has my sympathy.Getting out of the Cup is not an issue. The way that they played is an issue. Portsmouth played like we used to play. there is some evidence that flair is disappearing to make way for disciplined tactical formations. either way, let us hope that it works. a bad result against Charlton will give Boro all the encouragement that they need. I have never seen so much space free on the wings to allow wingers to cross the ball as in last night's match.  The same problem persists, a lack of tight marking, strong tackling and not enough men behind the ball. it is starting to look as if other teams have realised that there is room to play between our back four and our 'midfield'.Hughes replacement as soon as possible please.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of the players have become good at playing 4-3-3 and do so naturally. It was the defence that was leaking goals. Baird has replaced Eustace and we now have Pearce , Shackell and Carson with Ssewankambo looking promising.Got to be worth a try. Poor old Clement presumably had to explain his tactics to the other coaches. He can only really blame the players or himself. He has my sympathy.Getting out of the Cup is not an issue. The way that they played is an issue. Portsmouth played like we used to play. there is some evidence that flair is disappearing to make way for disciplined tactical formations. either way, let us hope that it works. a bad result against Charlton will give Boro all the encouragement that they need. I have never seen so much space free on the wings to allow wingers to cross the ball as in last night's match.  The same problem persists, a lack of tight marking, strong tackling and not enough men behind the ball. it is starting to look as if other teams have realised that there is room to play between our back four and our 'midfield'.Hughes replacement as soon as possible please.

Is it such a silly suggestion sticking Thorne at CM (alongside Hendrick), having Baird at DM and Isaak RB? Then go back to 433 till we have a suitable replacement 

I wouldn't call it silly,but my problem is that we had to play all last season without him

at dm,wihout replacing him,and it cost us promotion.Do we really want to move him

now we've got him back.

Quality player with nice hair. You heard something?

Only second hand. Fella I know says he overheard a chap talking on a phone in a Leeds cafe couple of days back, he only took interest when the name 'Derby County' was mentioned. He then heard the words 'Huddersfield', 'Jacob' and 'bid'. And so we did the maths and came up with the rest. We are assuming he was an agent.

Sounds crazy I know. But the more I think about it the more it makes sense. And I 100% believe my buddy. Be a bit of a random thing to make up and he's just too straight a bloke.

Only second hand. Fella I know says he overheard a chap talking on a phone in a Leeds cafe couple of days back, he only took interest when the name 'Derby County' was mentioned. He then heard the words 'Huddersfield', 'Jacob' and 'bid'. And so we did the maths and came up with the rest. We are assuming he was an agent.

Sounds crazy I know. But the more I think about it the more it makes sense. And I 100% believe my buddy. Be a bit of a random thing to make up and he's just too straight a bloke.

Interesting. Could have been someone from Huddersfield as well with it being fairly local to Leeds or then again it could have just been some random bloke saying we should have a cheeky bid. 

I'm not sure about this bloke airing info like that in a public setting - seems a bit unprofessional but then if it was an agent they're probably happy for info like that to get out. Hope it's true, he's a good, two-footed player who I'd like here even if Hughes wasn't injured. Doubt Huddersfield would let him go on the cheap though. He's their player of the year I think.

Interesting. Could have been someone from Huddersfield as well with it being fairly local to Leeds or then again it could have just been some random bloke saying we should have a cheeky bid. 

I'm not sure about this bloke airing info like that in a public setting - seems a bit unprofessional but then if it was an agent they're probably happy for info like that to get out. Hope it's true, he's a good, two-footed player who I'd like here even if Hughes wasn't injured. Doubt Huddersfield would let him go on the cheap though. He's their player of the year I think.

Haven't most players got two feet?

Thought I'd get that in there before any other smart arse.:ph34r:

A few years ago someone I know was stopping in the hotel next to the Madjeski, and a player sale was being done at the breakfast table.

The thing that took the longest to agree? The player's bloody agent's cut for sorting the deal.

A few years ago someone I know was stopping in the hotel next to the Madjeski, and a player sale was being done at the breakfast table.

The thing that took the longest to agree? The player's bloody agent's cut for sorting the deal.

I bet it was the club that paid it. They wind me up agents. Clubs should just  band together and refuse to pay them fees. Oyston gets a lot of stick at Blackpool and rightly so, but I do like how he refused to pay agents fees a couple of years back even though he probably wasn't doing it for the right reasons. The players should pay their agents. 

I bet it was the club that paid it. They wind me up agents. Clubs should just  band together and refuse to pay them fees. Oyston gets a lot of stick at Blackpool and rightly so, but I do like how he refused to pay agents fees a couple of years back even though he probably wasn't doing it for the right reasons. The players should pay their agents. 

I agree to a point, it depends on who hired them to sort the deal (in this instance I believe it was the player's agent)

Quite a big deal it was, and he was shocked it was being done in a hotel lobby, the player wasn't even present until the deal was sorted.

I agree to a point, it depends on who hired them to sort the deal (in this instance I believe it was the player's agent)

Quite a big deal it was, and he was shocked it was being done in a hotel lobby, the player wasn't even present until the deal was sorted.

Well you've made this cafe story sound more plausible then and I hope there's something in it. From what I've seen of him I really rate Butterfield.

He's in the Huddersfield team this afternoon, not sure if that means anything, but I agree Stringer, he'd be the perfect addition based on how he plays, and what we require. Very highly rated at Barnsley a few years ago, not sure what went wrong afterwards but he really stood out in the Championship for Huddersfield last season. There's a video of him on youtube somewhere, I'll try digging it out once I get home. 

He's in the Huddersfield team this afternoon, not sure if that means anything, but I agree Stringer, he'd be the perfect addition based on how he plays, and what we require. Very highly rated at Barnsley a few years ago, not sure what went wrong afterwards but he really stood out in the Championship for Huddersfield last season. There's a video of him on youtube somewhere, I'll try digging it out once I get home. 

He did his ACL against Leeds and I think that knocked him back a bit. He was on fire at the time. By all accounts they proper roughed him up. Not like Leeds at all....

Think he went to Norwich in the Prem afterwards and it didn't work out and not quite sure why he left Boro but I think they rated him. They got Clayton out of it who's a good player but Butterfields got more talent I think. Im guessing he's found his feet again at Huddersfield if he's player of the season.

He did his ACL against Leeds and I think that knocked him back a bit. He was on fire at the time. By all accounts they proper roughed him up. Not like Leeds at all....

Think he went to Norwich in the Prem afterwards and it didn't work out and not quite sure why he left Boro but I think they rated him. They got Clayton out of it who's a good player but Butterfields got more talent I think. Im guessing he's found his feet again at Huddersfield if he's player of the season.

They're selling Smithies to QPR. Are they having a firesale, or does that departure mean they'll keep hold of Butterfield? I still think he'd be ideal, especially after today..

They're selling Smithies to QPR. Are they having a firesale, or does that departure mean they'll keep hold of Butterfield? I still think he'd be ideal, especially after today..

Isn't he the one who dropped a clanger against us two seasons back?

Theyve sold that Coady already who's a centre midfielder and not sure if they've replaced him so could be light in that area already. But money talks and if we did offer £5 million for Antonio (did we?) I'd rather spend that sort of fee on a creative centre midfielder like Butterfield and get a loan in for the wing.

Archived