Antonio

Bris Vegas

People knock this guy because he plays for Forest but he is a fantastic player and I would have him. He got like 14 goals and 14 assists last season or about that. Considering what money is now being spent on and asked for attacking players who play in this league or are intended to play in this league, £5m would be good business. Will do far more than the likes of Downing at a fraction the wages and with resale value. 

I totally agree Uptherams, I also think Antonio has the potential to do well in the prem as well. He certainly has the attributes to progress into a top flight player and under the right coaching could well achieve that.

5 million would be a great bit of business, unfortunately I think Forest will play hard ball with us for him, probably asking for more. Whether we up the bid will remain to be seen. 

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

As I said in the kenny burns thread we don't actually have an out and out winger. So I had thought of this possibility. But I wonder if cover for Thorne might be more of a priority. How could we fit russell ince bent martin weimann and Antonio into the same squad. Three on the pitch and three on the bench, I guess although which three I don't know. 

As I said in the kenny burns thread we don't actually have an out and out winger. So I had thought of this possibility. But I wonder if cover for Thorne might be more of a priority. How could we fit russell ince bent martin weimann and Antonio into the same squad. Three on the pitch and three on the bench, I guess although which three I don't know. 

This… I know Baird will cover Thorne, but if we play CDM we don't have any cover, unless PC feels Hanson is the answer for that role or he has Hughes, Bryson or Hendrick playing there, but that hasn't worked in the past. 

Anyway where's Mackworth Ram to provide the knowledge. 

Agent Ward will have been showing him pictures of the facilities at a proper football club no doubt, saying stuff like "You'd look good in black and white" There might be a "De Gea" situation soon where he's dropped because his head ain't right. ;)

As a player I'd have him all day long, he would compliment what we have in that we have lots of quick and tricky, but not a bulldozer. I agree he's a little one dimensional but he might well benefit from a higher level of coaching. 14 goals and 14 assists last season at an average team is a good return and he has been the best player at the last two clubs he has played at.

He'd be a good signing. Championship defenders are scared to death of him, because he's quick and strong. Teams double up on him. I can see why Clements wants him, because he's the perfect player to stretch defenses for the other forwards to run in behind. And if they don't double up he's got a crazy good long range shot.

Can't say if he was good or not v Brighton.

He was ALL they had. When he's the only player they go to how can he not be the biggest attacking threat? He's strong and fast. 

Reckon the best Champ defenders would see him into a corner. 

Seems greedy as he was at Wednesday but it's hard to say when there's no one to pass to. 

Do we want a ball carrier? Someone who can run from A to B? We have a team based on passing the ball. Not running solo. 

Not exactly a rare breed. Brighton had one who played equally as well. LuaLua. So he's not cheap 

Players like Ince and Russell just mix it up a bit better?

Absolutely spot on in that he was Forest's only outlet last night other than hoofing at Blackstock's head.

Created himself a few decent chances but also missed a few good opportunities to set up team mates, be it through greed or blindness I'm not sure.

He's good for a counter attacking team or hoof ball merchants but might not suit our game but surely this is where we would expect our world class coach to earn his corn?

He is in for a long hard season at Forest based on last night.

Think he's a good player and something a bit different to what we have - strength isn't something we have in abundance, yet it can be vital in the Championship. Also, too many times did I see us attacking at the latter end of last season without looking at all menacing. Lingard was a prime example of a player who'd pick it up, fanny around and lose it.

A bulldozer would be nice and could actually compliment the style, making runs in from behind! He's also Forests best player - which is an added bonus!

You say missed a few opportunities to set up team mates G Star and you're probably right but I wonder if it could be a case of not having faith in them to a certain extent. 

If he had a Martin, Weimann Bent or Ince waiting for his final ball he may be more inclined to pass. Not looking for an argument, just putting it out there. :)

If this happened it would only help the gumps in the long term, there is better out there for that money, as mentioned Jota.

Would not be happy in bailing them out.

They're getting out of the embargo next season as thing stands so us signing one of their players doesn't really change anything. We'd take their best player and leave them with Ward (injury prone), Paterson (sh*te) and Burke (50 years old) as their wingers for the season, wouldn't really call that bailing them out :lol:

Archived